• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One big if! Dennis the Menance.

Gray Mule

We just don't know.  So, we have to speculate.  Will our German Point Guard,

Dennis the Menance, be improved over last season?  If yes, then how much?

He came to us last season as a very young man.  Yet, with all his youth, he

had quiet a bit of professional experience from his over seas work.

Mostly, we don't speak German and he's still learning English, American style.

NBA is different from his conference where he played before.  A lot to learn.

The reason for the question:  When he was chosen, many believed him to be

a future all star in the making, all he was lacking was experience.  He had all

the necessary talents to make it happen.

Is he on track to achieve this?  Are we to believe that he is going to be great?

If we still believe, then he is a great asset for the Hawks.  If he's not going to

be that great PG we all desire, then shouldn't we be considering trading him?

We don't want to give up too soon.  We've done that before, haven't we!  On

the other hand, we don't want to keep him and be stuck with him if he isn't

going to make it.  Kinda like being between a rock and a hard place, aren't we!

What is your opinion?  Stay or go?  Keep or trade?  Simply wait and see.

sun_bespectacled.gif

GM, I think we will see a much improved Schröder this season. Apparently he has put in a lot of work. I read somewhere that the coaches couldn't get him to go home after practices this summer. When somebody has the physical tools like Dennis does, and you combine that with a great work ethic, you are bound to see positive results.

I think his rookie season was somewhat of a wake up call for him. Despite being super young he learned that this is a man's league. If you want to succeed, you have to dedicate yourself completely to the game. I personally think he will be pushing Teague for the starting position this season. We are going to have a great dilemma on our hands, for the first time in a long time the Hawks will have two great point guards fighting for minutes.

I am on the record for being willing to trade Dennis IF it will help get us a solid big man or dominant wing.

That being said I think he will take a large step forward this year and the next. If that is the case, his value will increase over the next 2 years. So no rush to trade him.

• Premium Member

Injuries happen, not likely mack and teague will each play 82 games. There are also limited stretches in games where dennis and mack or dennis and teague will be on the floor together, particularly when the opponent goes with a small lineup. Dennis will get his chance to shine. With the work ethic he has combined with his physical ability i wouldnt be surprised if he improved alot.

Edited by turnermx
  • Like 2

I don't think the coaching staff will give him meaningful minutes unless he can consistently knock down junpshots.

It's the turnovers that will cause bench burns.

I'm just confused as why we have PG that's not just hitting his prime, and then many here, think could fight for an all-star spot. Then we give one of his back-ups a new contract. Unless an injury, God forbid, or he made huge improvements.... His ass is gonna be on the bench.... Save a few minutes.

I'm just confused as why we have PG that's not just hitting his prime, and then many here, think could fight for an all-star spot. Then we give one of his back-ups a new contract. Unless an injury, God forbid, or he made huge improvements.... His ass is gonna be on the bench.... Save a few minutes.

Because you can never have too much quality depth on your bench for the now as well as for the future.

If we didn't sign Mack it would likely have been some vet PG.

You forget to start the season last year Dennis beat out Mack for the backup spot. Dennis had too many turnovers then he got suspended at Mack tore it up and played steady and Dennis couldn't get his spot back.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I agree, depth is important. I just would like see him get double digit minutes a game. But, he's a kid, we'll see

I think Dennis average 10 mpg last season, so technically he did average double digit minutes :-)