• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

• Moderators

It was said in the 92.9 interview that Danny was actually the person who was pushing to get Deng.

It wouldn't surprise me that Ferry had so much effusive praise for Deng (again, a fellow Dookie) that the owners insisted on bringing some "downsides" to the table. And in his haste to find anything at all remotely critical of Deng as a person, he turned online and found some mess on MediaTakeOut or Stormfront or something. Not an excuse, just maybe part of the reason we'll never know the true source of this "intel" report.

~lw3

Absolutely. But I think many people aren't seeing that the dissent is really the root of this entire scandal. I do think the NBA sees it though which is why they declined to punish Ferry after their investigation. But somebody wants the public to believe that Ferry is worse than Sterling as means to get him out.

That is my hope also - that the NBA sees that there is no redeeming quality with the dysfunctional ASG.

• Premium Member

That is my hope also - that the NBA sees that there is no redeeming quality with the dysfunctional ASG.

Based off what we know, Koonin and the NBA are leading the search for a new owner. The problem will be getting anyone worth anything to agree to become partners with team dysfunction. I can't see anybody in their right mind wanting to do that.

• Premium Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even when they were selling to Murelo, weren't the ASG still going to be minority partners? I just don't know if they will ever be completely out of the picture, especially the Atlanta faction.

Edited by Jody23

My hope is that this whole mess costs Gearon and the other clowns their team. I hope a new singular big money owner comes in and buys these clowns out. That will show Gearon!

Yeah.  The ultimate game of big-bank take little-bank.

We just gotta hope Gearon doesn't come up with the funds to buy it himself.  If I understand @hawksfanatic correctly, Gearon is ... self-made.

trollbird.gif

Maybe they will use some of the money that they got from Thrashers sale to pay for it (totally dirty)

Since this situation happened, I been doing alot of think about this and one of the things that kinda of surprising but we heard from Koonin, Ferry and Levenson about their actions in this but what about Gearon and the other clowns of ASG?  If Gearon or anybody from ASG can aleast explain their side of the story, then maybe we can get the full picture of what is going on (heck, I believe that Gearon was the one that leak the letter in the first place).  They could be men and explain what is going on and why did they do the things they did?

• Premium Member
We're told Wilkins -- who has amassed his own small fortune over the years -- has partnered up with a "very well-known businessman" who believes Wilkins would be the best person to lead the Hawks back to NBA glory.

small fortune??  He's only worth $14 million.  Jordan spent that on lawncare last year.  

anyway..... no hate, cuz that's still $6 million more than I have in the bank.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

Patrick Rishe, a professor of sports business at Webster University, estimates the Hawks will go for more than $700 million, though probably less than $1 billion. He said the Philips Arena in Atlanta is a much newer and better facility than those in Sacramento and Milwaukee. Rishe also thinks that if the new owners can't solve the team's attendance problem before the current lease expires in 2018, the Hawks could move to an open market such as Seattle, Las Vegas or Kansas City -- although all of those are significantly smaller than Atlanta - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.IIp8g3gN.dpuf- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.IIp8g3gN.dpuf

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Patrick Rishe, a professor of sports business at Webster University, estimates the Hawks will go for more than $700 million, though probably less than $1 billion. He said the Philips Arena in Atlanta is a much newer and better facility than those in Sacramento and Milwaukee. Rishe also thinks that if the new owners can't solve the team's attendance problem before the current lease expires in 2018, the Hawks could move to an open market such as Seattle, Las Vegas or Kansas City -- although all of those are significantly smaller than Atlanta - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.IIp8g3gN.dpuf- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.IIp8g3gN.dpuf

But with the new TV contact is almost done, some of the cities is going to have an expansion team like Seattle and Las Vegas.  I dont see the NBA leaving Atlanta with Turner right there.

But with the new TV contact is almost done, some of the cities is going to have an expansion team like Seattle and Las Vegas. I dont see the NBA leaving Atlanta with Turner right there.

I didn't even read that portion - Seattle/Vegas are in the West so doubtful the Hawks move there.

I don't see expansion in the near future.

I do agree that 2018 is coming up fast.

I didn't even read that portion - Seattle/Vegas are in the West so doubtful the Hawks move there.

OT:  I actually do think that expansion is coming soon, I been working with the Soncis folks for a while now and they are very knowledgable about many things NBA wise and the inner working of Chris Hanson.  They are waiting for the TV contact and Bucks Situation to be taken care of before they can ask for expansion. 

• Like 1

My hope is that this whole mess costs Gearon and the other clowns their team. I hope a new singular big money owner comes in and buys these clowns out. That will show Gearon!

Singular is the key word. Group ownerships suck. Have 1 owner and 1 owner alone responsible for success as well as failure. With a group, everyone is just pointing the finger at everyone else. Smh.

Ps No offense to Nique, he's my guy, but I don't think he has the funds to do it.

Singular is the key word. Group ownerships suck. Have 1 owner and 1 owner alone responsible for success as well as failure. With a group, everyone is just pointing the finger at everyone else. Smh.

Ps No offense to Nique, he's my guy, but I don't think he has the funds to do it.

Same here, I love Nique, but I'm not sure I want a guy who struggles to get through basic English words sometimes as our figurehead or making major decisions for is. Call me a hater or whatever but I want a mega rich, well spoken, well liked guy who will come in and just dump money on the team and city as our new owner.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think expansion is in the near future.  The NBA is only at 30 teams while other pro sports are at 32.  Also, the NHL has been heavily considering expansion to 34 teams, so the NBA may feel they need to keep up with the Johnson's.  I could see Seattle and Las Vegas getting a team and then re-aligning the conferences to move Memphis or New Orleans to the East.  Would also mean that the NBA would move to 4 four-team divisions.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

• Premium Member

It was said in the 92.9 interview that Danny was actually the person who was pushing to get Deng.

I read on hoopstyle that someone said on NBA.com that Ferry wanted to offer Deng a 40 mil package.  I havent checked it out, so I'm not sure about that.

Same here, I love Nique, but I'm not sure I want a guy who struggles to get through basic English words sometimes as our figurehead or making major decisions for is. Call me a hater or whatever but I want a mega rich, well spoken, well liked guy who will come in and just dump money on the team and city as our new owner.

Get Larry Ellison in here!!! He's loaded and he wanted the GS Warriors a few years back. By the way I don't want to start another topic for this but would you guys want an owner as involved as a Mark Cuban?

To me, I think I'd love an owner with the passion that cube has but without the daily involvement. I mean the guy is basically on the court when the players are playing lol.