• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just WOW! (Levenson will sell Hawks)

Jody23

• Moderators

Silver still leaves room for Ferry to be canned eventually, though. Either that can come down to the current Stooges bowing to external pressure from the real fans, or to whoever takes the reins if she/he/they feel like cleaning house from the jump, knowing they'll have cap flexibility with or without him.

~lw3

Since the league isn't forcing Levenson to sell but are furious with Gearon Jr., if Gearon Jr. was removed from the ASG but Levenson stayed, would anyone be completely pissed about that?

Sure you get rid of a prick but he was a prick with no power.  The rest of the clowns still run the show.

• Moderators

adam-silver.jpg

"...Accordingly, effective immediately, I am banning Mr. Gearon... 4 LYFE... from any association with the Hawks organization or the NBA. Mr. Gearon may not attend any NBA games or practices. He may not be present at any Hawks facility, and he may not participate in any business or player personnel decisions involving the team. He will also be barred from attending NBA Board of Governors meetings or participating in any other league activity..."

Not real, of course, I just wanted to see that to make myself feel better.

~lw3

• Like 3

So Silver says its all about context and now people are ok with that? I've been screaming that since last night lol

The context provided in the Woj article wasn't exactly in Ferry's favor.  It made it sound worse and that he may in fact put his on spin to the racial slur in the scouting report after reading it aloud.

The context provided in the Woj article wasn't exactly in Ferry's favor. It made it sound worse and that he may in fact put his on spin to the racial slur in the scouting report after reading it aloud.

If you want to find the man guilty I guess you'll find a way regardless of what comes to light.

I don't see this new tiny bit of info making it look any worse for Ferry. And honestly I'd bet that you could look around the league and find scouting reports from teams that are derogatory towards the players.

If you want to find the man guilty I guess you'll find a way regardless of what comes to light.

I don't see this new tiny bit of info making it look any worse for Ferry. And honestly I'd bet that you could look around the league and find scouting reports from teams that are derogatory towards the players.

I'm not the one that found him guilty.  Those in charge did.  How much more context do you need to see what a moron Ferry is?  LOL, he read the report and then continued on his little rant reinforcing it.  It's comical.  Ferry is absolutely burying himself and Gearon is sitting there trying not to laugh because he's watching a train wreck that will support his dumb agenda.  Ferry dug the grave and laid down in it.  Gearon is just trying to pile the dirt on.

Ferry never did persuade Deng to take the offer, and yet still he'll forever be connected to him. Once he started talking on the call about Deng, it wasn't long before Ferry marched himself directly into a foolish, ignorant riff of African stereotypes. On and on, Ferry started about how Deng "has got some African in him" and proceeded to make a comparison to Africans with phony facades selling counterfeit goods.

As soon as those words left Ferry's mouth on the call, Gearon responded in a dramatic way in the background of the tape recording, according to a partial transcript of the call obtained by Yahoo Sports.

"Oh my God, that comment sounds like Sterling on TMZ," Gearon said.

Gearon didn't stop Ferry. He let him keep talking. In the transcript, Ferry detailed the information he'd gathered on Deng. Ferry attributes those characterizations – and inappropriate phrasing – to outside sources.

On Deng, Ferry said: "… For example, he can come out and be an unnamed source for a story and two days later come out and say, 'That absolutely was not me. I can't believe someone said that.'

"But talking to reporters, you know they can [believe it]."

Ferry kept going on Deng: "… Good guy in Chicago. They will tell you he was good for their culture, but not a culture setter. He played hard and all those things, but he was very worried about his bobble-head being the last one given away that year, or there was not enough stuff of him in the [team] store … kind of a complex guy."

Ferry's clinging to the story that the racially charged words belonged to someone else – that a riff connecting Africans to a con man stereotype weren't his words at all. In context of the transcripts, it appears that those had been Ferry's own interjections on the call, somehow supporting the intel culled outside of the Hawks.

Ferry's supporters within Atlanta's hierarchy say that they've chosen to believe him, but it's been a tougher sell in the real world.

Depends on how much Woj wants to investigate this context. If it can proven that these statements were Ferry's 'own interjections' I can't see how it wouldn't be worse for him.

Depends on how much Woj wants to investigate this context. If it can proven that these statements were Ferry's 'own interjections' I can't see how it wouldn't be worse for him.

I have no problem with the stuff he said as long as it's not racial in nature. If those types of remarks come from Ferry then yeah he's gotta be removed. But if Ferry is simply bringing up negatives about a players character like the bobble head thing then to me that's probably very common.

And lost in this witch hunt is the rumor that Ferry still wanted to give him 40 million. Does that sound like something a racist would do for someone he thinks so poorly of?

• Like 1