• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thursday night Hawks / Bulls on TV?

Gray Mule

• Premium Member

The guys are learning from this, you would think.

I have heard it mentioned that the Spurs don't look so hot in preseason, the main guys aren't used, but Memphis, Chicago, and Miami all have used main guys against us and 2 barely one and the other lost, against our 2nd and 3rd team.

Tonight Sap and Teague didn't even play. As bad as Jarell Eddie looked that appeared to be a phantom call for the 3pt shooting foul.

Good experience for the young guys and chalk it up for lessons learned for next time! A lot of potential for this team. payne and schro are developing, jenkins looks good offensively and had moment defensively with the starters in 1st half..will take it lets go!

• Like 2

I love that we emphasize player development in preseason over playing starters just to get a W. We should have won that one but the confidence our end of the bench guys gained by Bud leaving them is invaluable. Doing this against the starters of a team many expect to be superior to us is icing on the cake. Even though they won it was a lose lose for Chicago. We owned them with 2 of our top 3 guys not playing. Game was over after the 3rd. Congrats Chitown on beating our Summer league squad in the 4th quarter.

• Like 4

The ghost of Larry Drew is still with the Hawks and that stupid 3 small guard line up...I hope we never see that in the regular season!

More and more teams are trying things like that and apparently 2 PG's on the floor together is becoming a common thing during stretches. 

#thisshitworks

• Premium Member

More and more teams are trying things like that and apparently 2 PG's on the floor together is becoming a common thing during stretches. 

#thisshitworks

Problem is that was our worse stretch of basketball of the night.  If he had substituted Bazemore in for Eddie, it probably would have worked

Also that fact that Eddie wears #3 gives me horrible flashbacks!

• Like 1

Problem is that was our worse stretch of basketball of the night.  If he had substituted Bazemore in for Eddie, it probably would have worked

Also that fact that Eddie wears #3 gives me horrible flashbacks!

I think Baze is still on a minutes restrictionl and was already cooled down.  

Two things that need fixing:

1. Giving up baskets at end of quarter or half.  Seems like teams were hitting those shots at a good clip last season.

2. @Dolfan23  Please give us back Deek's finger wag in the chat.Deke%20Finger%20Wag.gif

Bulls fans comments on game last night:

1. There's that sour-puss faced Atlanta coach, even when he is drinking water.

2. The Hawks don't have scoring wings. That don't have elite scorers anywhere on the floor, but their offense is supremely better looking and flowing. Just look at the spacing.

3. Thabo going to eat kirks lunch...you wait

4. Korver lighting us up

5. People will talk about Nate, DJ, Asik, but Korver is the most important guy we've lost. The affect he has on an offense, even if he doesn't touch it..

6. A line up of Schröder, Korver, Muscala, Payne and Thabo are running a much smoother offense. Sometimes, it's not about the names, but being on the same page. We shouldn't be surprised, though. Budenholzer is a Spurs alumni. A good offense is what they do.

7.  Hawks literally just weaving through our defense.

8. Payne was on some Dennis Rodman right there.

9.  Stacey... ATL stopped caring a while ago.

10. This is fun but I don't know a single player ATL has on the floor.

11. Come back against scrubs, in a meaningless preseason game

12.  against the Hawks starters we sucked, and that's the key takeaway from this game.

13. well it's conclusive, Jimmy is better than the Hawks third stringers

1. There's that sour-puss faced Atlanta coach, even when he is drinking water.

2. The Hawks don't have scoring wings. That don't have elite scorers anywhere on the floor, but their offense is supremely better looking and flowing. Just look at the spacing.

4. Korver lighting us up

5. People will talk about Nate, DJ, Asik, but Korver is the most important guy we've lost. The affect he has on an offense, even if he doesn't touch it..

6. A line up of Schröder, Korver, Muscala, Payne and Thabo are running a much smoother offense. Sometimes, it's not about the names, but being on the same page. We shouldn't be surprised, though. Budenholzer is a Spurs alumni. A good offense is what they do.

7. Hawks literally just weaving through our defense.

8. Payne was on some Dennis Rodman right there.

9. Stacey... ATL stopped caring a while ago.

10. This is fun but I don't know a single player ATL has on the floor.

11. Come back against scrubs, in a meaningless preseason game

12. against the Hawks starters we sucked, and that's the key takeaway from this game.

13. well it's conclusive, Jimmy is better than the Hawks third stringers

Pure comedy. :-)

1. There's that sour-puss faced Atlanta coach, even when he is drinking water.

2. The Hawks don't have scoring wings. That don't have elite scorers anywhere on the floor, but their offense is supremely better looking and flowing. Just look at the spacing.

4. Korver lighting us up

5. People will talk about Nate, DJ, Asik, but Korver is the most important guy we've lost. The affect he has on an offense, even if he doesn't touch it..

6. A line up of Schröder, Korver, Muscala, Payne and Thabo are running a much smoother offense. Sometimes, it's not about the names, but being on the same page. We shouldn't be surprised, though. Budenholzer is a Spurs alumni. A good offense is what they do.

7.  Hawks literally just weaving through our defense.

8. Payne was on some Dennis Rodman right there.

9.  Stacey... ATL stopped caring a while ago.

10. This is fun but I don't know a single player ATL has on the floor.

11. Come back against scrubs, in a meaningless preseason game

12.  against the Hawks starters we sucked, and that's the key takeaway from this game.

13. well it's conclusive, Jimmy is better than the Hawks third stringers

It feels good to finally be on the envied side of a matchup. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I watched the game and thought it was the best game Schröder has had that I've seen. Played under control, got to the hole almost at will and made good sound decisions with the basketball. If he can keep this up he'll be giving Mack; who has not looked very impressive, a run for his money.

• Premium Member

I Didn't get to watch the game but I saw Schröder's highlights on YT. He looked very good, he was getting to the rim at will and seems like he got better at finishing (still needs to work on his left however). How was his defense though?

I thought it was pretty good. He didn't stand out but I don't think he got abused either.