• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Spurs: WTH is going on with our preseason games not being televised?

Admin

It sucks so bad I haven't seen a game yet, smh.

I get to see them live and in person opening night that's the only reason I have not pulled my hair out yet!!

You missed tonight the Spurs said that every fan attending the opening night ring ceremony game will get a free commemorative championship ring. 

See Hawks, that's waaaay better than the free ticket stub that comes with every ticket purchase. 

• Like 4

You missed tonight the Spurs said that every fan attending the opening night ring ceremony game will get a free commemorative championship ring.

See Hawks, that's waaaay better than the free ticket stub that comes with every ticket purchase.

Hahaha - you are wrong for that.

Maybe they can hand out free miniature banners of the band (I can't remember name) for most sold out concerts :-/

Even though it was just preseason it was great to see the Hawks win in San Antonio because they never win there.

It was a little hard to see well because I couldn't even get it on full screen, but we looked really good. Do you guys think Ferry is watching the game on the same crappy stream we are, lol?

• Like 1

Even though it was just preseason it was great to see the Hawks win in San Antonio because they never win there.

It was a little hard to see well because I couldn't even get it on full screen, but we looked really good. Do you guys think Ferry is watching the game on the same crappy stream we are, lol?

Danny Ferry was there... he's got a tan now and is a Spurs in-house announcer. "They'll never find me HERE!" 

Edited by Mdizzle5
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Thabo looks really good on both ends of the floor and he's incredibly active on D. He's going to cause a lot of turnovers out there. 

Scott could have a shot at most improved player this year if he gets enough PT. He's a scoring machine! 

I was chatting with the Bulls fans on the ballstreams chat during the preseason game and they all gushed about Thabo; saying how they wish they had never let him go. This could be one of the more underrated moves this season, just like the Korver contract and the Sap signing were. Dude has been lights out during preseason.

• Like 1

Anytime we can beat the Spurs is a big deal. Them boys ready. Watch what I tell you, this team is gonna author it's fair share of blowouts while rarely ever wearing one. Running hard, getting to the line often and converting, and passing the ball around better than dare I say the Spurs will get it done.

I'm still puzzled why some bad team didn't throw a little extra at Mike Scott, all he did was key a road playoff win. Glad they didn't, that's why they're bad in the first place I guess.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

I was chatting with the Bulls fans on the ballstreams chat during the preseason game and they all gushed about Thabo; saying how they wish they had never let him go. This could be one of the more underrated moves this season, just like the Korver contract and the Sap signing were. Dude has been lights out during preseason.

Exactly. And I still see people complaining about Ferry's moves in almost every thread. That sucks.

I, for one, can't wait to see him back in his job.

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 4

Anyone else notice that Teague was 2/2 from 3pt land last night? Not sure of specifics or stats, but from memory it seems like his touch from behind the arc has been improved, at least in the preseason. That could be a big help to us if he becomes more consistent from distance. He seemed to struggle a lot there last season.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Preseason Assists per-48

1. Warriors, 27.1

2. HAWX, 25.1

3. Pistons, 24.2

4. Wolves, 24.1

T-5. Mavs, 23.5

T-5. Blazers, 23.5

Preseason Assist/Turnover Ratio

1. Hornets, 1.68

2. Wolves, 1.67

3. Pistons, 1.51

4. HAWX, 1.47

5. Cavs, 1.45

~lw3

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Exactly. And I still see people complaining about Ferry's moves in almost every thread. That sucks.

I, for one, can't wait to see him back in his job.

During the preseason, I've been impressed with many of the efforts this team put together and how the execution appears to be significantly ahead of last year. We'll see what happens when the real games start. But even if this team happens to go farther than any Hawks' team ever has, some still won't give Ferry credit.
  • Like 1

Anyone else notice that Teague was 2/2 from 3pt land last night? Not sure of specifics or stats, but from memory it seems like his touch from behind the arc has been improved, at least in the preseason. That could be a big help to us if he becomes more consistent from distance. He seemed to struggle a lot there last season.

Teague was actually very solid from 3 for most of the season last year.  He just had 2 months where he had terrible slumps.  He shot over 38% from 3 in each of the other 4 months.

He shot 19.5% in November and 16.7% in January.  He shot 40%, 38.1%, 38.3% and 42.9% in the other 4 months.