Yardbarker: Former NBAer Josh Childress destroys opponent with violent flying elbow (video)

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers

Josh Childress never really developed into the player most experts believed he would be during his seven-plus seasons in the NBA after being taken with the sixth-overall pick in 2004 by the Atlanta Hawks. Childress bounced around the league after four modest seasons with the Hawks, but for all intents and purposes, his NBA career...Read More The post Former NBAer Josh Childress destroys opponent with violent flying elbow (video) appeared first on Sportress of Blogitude.

View the full article

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1knVZS4XjN8

considering how brutal that illegal screen was, good for Josh. Sometimes, you take the 3 game suspension to make everyone wonder if they should ever do that again. A little 80's Detroit Pistons in Childress it seems.

Lol good point....got to lay some people on they ass to send the message!...maybe the hawks should try this?

Punk move by Chill.

There was nothing illegal about that screen. That's no more illegal than some of those screens big men set on pressuring defensive guards at half court, to free up their ball handling PG.

His team was getting killed by the other team and he got caught not looking for the screen.

The highlight of his NBA career was Game 6 vs Boston

Wrong, that was an illegal screen on 3 accounts. That people have become so accustomed to cheap play in the NBA and more importantly bad or homer officiating is an indictment of the league.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2267461_spot-illegal-nba-screen.html

1.  Look for bodily contact.

When the opposing player brought his forearms up into Josh's chest/collarbone region...that made it an illegal screen.

2. Watch the position.

When the opposing player stepped in behind Chillz, he need to allow Josh room to pivot and step. Josh took one step on the pivot square into the screen. Not leaving room on a back screen is illegal.

3. Check for movement. First, the screener did not come to a full stop as evidence by his arms still coming up into Josh's chest. Two, the movement of both players showed that Childress was not allowed enough room to stop or change directions.

Regardless, look at number 4 on the list. The player in back is responsible for any contact.

This screen is illegal because it A) came from the backside and B) left no room for movement C) created contact initiated by the screener and D) involved the use of his moving body and arms.

• Moderators

Here is the other thing that struck me.  Watch Chills huddle with his teammates after the flying elbow.  Is he playing center over there?  He looks like the tallest guy on the floor for his team.

Here is the other thing that struck me. Watch Chills huddle with his teammates after the flying elbow. Is he playing center over there? He looks like the tallest guy on the floor for his team.

Finally a league where he could match his skillset to a proper position.

Punk move by Chill.

There was nothing illegal about that screen. That's no more illegal than some of those screens big men set on pressuring defensive guards at half court, to free up their ball handling PG.

His team was getting killed by the other team and he got caught not looking for the screen.

I agree that screen wasn't that bad. He was just trying to show his balls. But it was an awesome flying elbow. 

• Like 1

Punk move by Chill.

Cosign. Had he played in the 80's, he would have gotten his tail whipped by the entire opposing team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Punk move by Chill.

I disagree.  If you watch closely, you'll see that the guy who set the screen (while not moving his feet) did move his arms up to catch Chillz uptop. That was a dirty screen.  No Malcolm Mackey in that one.  Moreover, I am not mad at Chillz for catching that guy with the flying people's elbow.  The broadcaster stated that they had been going at it all game long so the dirty screen may have been the last call for Chillz, especially with the ref being right there and not calling it.

wonder how reactions would be if victim was a hawk...

elbow was a stupid action

I admire the elbow as it was impressive but I don't condone it. I don't think it was a proper reaction to the pick either, but then again it's hard to know for sure how much that guy had been getting under his skin the whole game.