• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Schröder Era Begins

benhillboy

• Moderators

(BTW - this is all in pretty stark contrast to the way Jeff was developed.  Remember he sat on the bench pretty much for 2 years and never made it into a game until injuries made it a necessity in the Chicago series.  Good for the coaching staff for letting the kid show what he can do.)

It wasn't just the minutes with the terrible coaching on Teague's development.  In his minutes, he basically played stationary off the ball in Woody's iso system.  For a guy with a shaky jumper whose best asset is his ability to drive, that is criminal.

• Like 2

I think Bud just went with the hot hand last night.  Teague will be back on Wednesday.

I agree. It's nice to see Dennis playing and impacting the game, but JT still has the keys to the car. 82 games, you'll have bad nights.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Yeah I don't think this means anything for Teague. I'm actually starting to think that we are heavily showcasing Dennis. I hope that's not the case but there's no way we stick with all 3 PGs. He looked great tonight outside of a couple of bad turnovers. 

Schröder for Dieng makes a lot of sense.

• Premium Member

I got one name for you...

George Hill.

San Antonio fans wanted Hill over Parker when Hill played for San Antonio.  They said he was cheaper, Younger, and would be better.  Made Parker the scapegoat for their playoff losses.  Fortunately, San Antonio found it's way.  It's always easy for the second guy to look good.  But he's still the second guy.

• Premium Member

Dennis did a great job last night and he is getting better.  I had thought maybe he was not Buds type of point but he showed me some things in the 4th quarter last night.   

We could have signed Jefferson last year or even traded a pick for Asik this summer and we would not be having this rebounding issue. 

• Like 1

George Hill.

San Antonio fans wanted Hill over Parker when Hill played for San Antonio.  They said he was cheaper, Younger, and would be better.  Made Parker the scapegoat for their playoff losses.  Fortunately, San Antonio found it's way.  It's always easy for the second guy to look good.  But he's still the second guy.P

Are you comparing Finals MVP and 4-Time NBA Champion Tony Parker to Jeff Teague?

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 4

missed the game.  wish i could find a video of that.

http://stats.nba.com/game/#!/0021400100/

Once you go there, click on PLAY BY PLAY.   

You can see video of each play of the game.   Anybody who misses a game can literally rewatch key plays of the game here, or even watch all of the statistical plays of one player in the box score.

• Like 2

George Hill.

San Antonio fans wanted Hill over Parker when Hill played for San Antonio.  They said he was cheaper, Younger, and would be better.  Made Parker the scapegoat for their playoff losses.  Fortunately, San Antonio found it's way.  It's always easy for the second guy to look good.  But he's still the second guy.

Ya'll remember Diesel's Chris Kaman love affair saying he's better than Horford back in the day. 

• Premium Member

Are you comparing Finals MVP and 4-Time NBA Champion Tony Parker to Jeff Teague?

nope, I'm comparing Atlanta Fans to San Antonio fans.

It might make sense, but ATL is last team deng would play for.... The things said about him.... Don't even go down that road

Not Loul Deng...  Gorgui Dieng.

If it were up to you, OJ Mayo would be our PG signed to a Max deal.

Why would you bring that back up. Oh the horror. Sometimes I wake up to Squawk nightmares of that thread still being alive. Needless to say, I wake up in sweats.

If it were up to you, OJ Mayo would be our PG signed to a Max deal.

I never wanted Mayo on a max deal. I wanted him to play PG in our Woody styled offense with Joe being the faux PG. Unlike you, I don't have to lie about what I said. Unlike your Kaman love affair.