• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's be honest, this might be the worst ran franchise in the NBA

NBASupes

Right there with the Pistons right now. 

If you look at every team in the NBA. They all are going in some type of direction. Watch the Pistons or Hawks and I am not sure where either team is going. Both teams don't suck. Both teams are good but not good enough. Detroit is full of poor fits with a great coach. Atlanta has decent fits but their two best players don't fit with a great coach. Blame Ferry for that. 

With Detroit, moves need to be made. They need a real PF. They need to move Smoove to 6th man and get a real SF. They do that, they will be in a good place but at the moment and the last 7 years, they been running around in circles. 

The Hawks, I don't know what we are doing. We trying to build this Spurs East like the Falcons are Patriots South. Problem is, we don't have Tim Duncan. They don't have Tom Brady. On top of that, they are way too flawed. We just lack too much talent and fit. Either way, I don't hate watching this team play. They are kinda entertaining as a purist but they aren't really going no where is my biggest issue. I like Al. I like Dennis. I think those two are a good start if healthy. I think Jeff is valuable. I think Sap is darn good. But I don't see it. I hope Walt pays off. I hope we make that one or two moves that puts us in a place where we are like Golden State and not like well... Atlanta. 

Both teams have a chance to break the middle but Detroit been here before in 1999. They then traded for Sheed and Billups lead them a title and contender status for 4 years. Atlanta has as well and well... still are here in the same position. How we react this year can change everything because this year will make or break the Hawks. For the Pistons, that same question remains. 

As for teams like Brooklyn and Indy, they have a couple years left before they have to start making critical decisions. You can say that the Lance move dropped them from contender status or maybe not. Who knows but this is the time. 

• Like 2

Anyone know a good doctor? I have pieces of my keyboard stuck in my forehead.

Seven games into the season. Current three game winning streak...and this crap starts. 

If you read what I wrote, this is clearly more positive than negative. This is a turn of a corner post which is not my typical, we suck, fire people, trade people now thread. 

I heard that Dennis Schröder will be known as the greatest player of his generation. How can the franchise that drafted him be poorly run? 

Also we're close to or better than about 2/3 of the league. 

Dennis is not the greatest player of his gen. That's Anthony Davis. Dennis has a chance to be a top tier PG and that was an excellent pick by Ferry like Horford was an excellent pick by Knight. We need more. We need some trades and a solid to good true center. 

• Premium Member

I don't understand where we are going either. It is like we have all the pieces of a great car that could win a trophy but we're missing the most important piece: the engine. And in this case the engine is the superstar. We have nice starters and a decent bench...and zero chance of advancing past the first round of the playoffs. Again. This team can't be Spurs East unless we get our own Duncan or some other superstar level talent.

• Like 2

I know...I was rooting for him too! I guess even comeback posters of the year have off nights.

Nothing lasts forever (but usually longer than 1 day).......

So i guess the 76ers are ran so bad that we dont consider them to be a NBA franchise ?

The difference is being terrible is part of the 76ers' direction and plan. Load up on talent and hope that it develops together. Its a crazy plan but if it works they'll end up looking like geniuses. Keyword: IF. 

I wouldn't fully compare us to the Falcons. Falcons do have elite talent, but with glaring holes. Coaching, o-line, defense...But still enough talent to what should be a contender in the NFC, not much has changed since that near SB run. The Hawks are different. No elite talent AND some glaring holes but with decent coaching. Still aways from contending though. 

I still think the Knicks have us beat in worst ran franchise though. Its practically Melo and a roster of Smush Parkers over there. 

Like Supes said this team is for the purists, so I'm good and I'm not even a Teague guy. Love watching this "going nowhere" squad as much as the Spurs, Rose-less Bulls, Raptors, or GS when Steph isn't throwing the ball to the beer guy. I try hard to enjoy the Mavs and Grizzlies but I just don't. Never seen Kobe live so I must Tuesday.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

I really like the direction this team is going the last few seasons. Getting rid of "me" first high usage players who are quickly looking past their prime and going with under-appreciated team oriented hustle players that love to share the ball. Top it off with the acquisition of one of the best young coaches in the NBA and we are looking better than a lot of teams in either conference IMO.

• Like 4

We are ONE piece away from perennial ECF, and we have the space and assets to acquire another piece. We aren't old. I'm not gonna say we're about to win championships in the next 3 years or anything, but dude, we've got a direction and we're both competitive and not capped out or old. I'm not confrontational, but holy guacamole are we a fun team to watch and we're not necessarily going nowhere. I can dig it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't understand where we are going either. It is like we have all the pieces of a great car that could win a trophy but we're missing the most important piece: the engine. And in this case the engine is the superstar. We have nice starters and a decent bench...and zero chance of advancing past the first round of the playoffs. Again. This team can't be Spurs East unless we get our own Duncan or some other superstar level talent.

I see you been sleeping in the vacuum again.  Get out and look around.   Teams like Golden State, Portland, and Memphis make us look like a middle school team.

When you look at Marc Gasol and that team.. They are simply a gift to pure basketball. Every position right.  Every body know their role.  The Spurs don't have enough championship Swagger to stop them..

We are the Buffalo Bills of Basketball.  We have a few good pieces but our good pieces are just mediocre when compared to everybody else' good.