• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

Yeah, I was kinda rooting for y'all to finally knock off the 'Holes. If any bunch deserves to lose it's those criminals (not 'Criminoles, criminals). Glad we got y'all early. Doubt we'd beat y'all now. Your QB looks to be settling in. Lucky for us Duke Johnson will be in the league next time we see the Canes.

(I started to address you as 'Cane fan' but post #68 reminds me not to use personal insults - SWIDT hehe)

Yeah I'm gonna miss Duke when he's in the pros but hoping Miami gets him in the 2nd round. Toughest extremely gifted small RB I can ever remember seeing. He and Kaaya would have been a hell of a combination in the years to come too.

Funny post too! I think it's been longer than the NBA record for most consecutive made 3's in a quarter since you made a funny so props to you!

They're 5-4 in a really weak conference.

What's the Caves record again? Guess they are a chit team too huh? You know Hots would you feel better if I sent you a fresh bouquet of flowers from 1-800-flowers ? I will do it just for you buddy , just to have you come on the board one day in a positive mood. I am serious when I say I do not think it has happened yet.

Honestly, Dallas got beaten in a similar style by Miami the other night. Deng had like 14/17, Chalmers 7/7 and the refs all night in his pocket on either end, and so on.

Sometimes you have nights like this, and clearly the Cavs picking up the pace and becoming a realy eastern dynasty is only a matter of time. When you have Lebron opening the game like that and setting the pace, others will follow, and the Cavs are stacked with talent imo.

Yes, a bit of shame on the Hawks, but no reason to get all pessimist. What did you'll think? That the Hawks are contending?

One good thing to take away from this game is that Muscala started to become allot more accurate on his good looks that are easily created by/for him all troughout previous games.

Dallas was never down by 42 points in that game though.

But it felt similary...no chance all game long. Just running after the facts, which where lots of well executed jump-shots. Which was what we where supposed to be good at. Similary to Atl...

Dallas whas also behind by 24 against Sacramento with McLemore hitting 3 point shots from all over the place. Which they turned around and won and made me feel ashamed for cursing on the team and yelling that they suck.

These guys sweating and feeling the burn had faith, while I in my comfy chair and my glass of whisky gave up on the team...

Edited by DS17Fanboy

What's the Caves record again? Guess they are a chit team too huh? You know Hots would you feel better if I sent you a fresh bouquet of flowers from 1-800-flowers ? I will do it just for you buddy , just to have you come on the board one day in a positive mood. I am serious when I say I do not think it has happened yet.

Do you really not understand the difference between the Hawks and Caves though?  The Caves have chemistry issues that will get sorted out one way or another.  The Hawks lack the talent to compete against a team that is actually trying to win a championship.

Do you really not understand the difference between the Hawks and Caves though? The Caves have chemistry issues that will get sorted out one way or another. The Hawks lack the talent to compete against a team that is actually trying to win a championship.

No I understand just fine. And I realize we are a long way from sniffing a title , but I do not let it drag down in the dumps in the process.. understand?

Just got around to reading this thread.  In answer to Gray Mule's question - blowouts do happen all the time.  And this is the Cleveland team that Utah beat so, figure that out..  Reminds of a what an old time coach said almost 50 years ago.  "In pro ball in any season there are about 10 games you are going win, no matter what you do and about 10 games you are going to lose no matter you do."  This was one of those games. 

Edited by Randy
  • Like 1

Some teams are better than us, obviously. Some nights those teams will completely outclass us. If they're also extraordinarily hot from 3 on those nights then it's going to be a miserable game. I'm not sure any team would have beaten the Cavs tonight. Seriously. They won't shoot that well again this season. 

The defense on Korver was a bit worrisome. Hopefully that doesn't start a bad trend for us. 

This is the big point of last night.  The Cavs made it a point to know where Korver was at all times, and didn't give him a chance to breathe on offense.  Marion was all over him, and even Varejao came out to help double him at times, when he caught the ball.   They were treating Korver like he was a go to scorer.

Without Korver, our 3 point prowess goes down significantly as a team.   If teams start guarding Korver like that, that could cause serious disruption to this offense.  And don't be surprised if teams start doing the same with Mike Scott, as the season wears on.

• Moderators

This is the big point of last night.  The Cavs made it a point to know where Korver was at all times, and didn't give him a chance to breathe on offense.  Marion was all over him, and even Varejao came out to help double him at times, when he caught the ball.   They were treating Korver like he was a go to scorer.

Without Korver, our 3 point prowess goes down significantly as a team.   If teams start guarding Korver like that, that could cause serious disruption to this offense.  And don't be surprised if teams start doing the same with Mike Scott, as the season wears on.

If they are going to stick that close to Korver and Scott and even throw some double at them and we can't abuse that with Teague, Sap and Horford then shame on our players and coaching staff.  Our offense should be a pick your poison situation not one where they can shut it down by doing something as simple as closely marking a couple of our perimeter shooters.  Instead, that should be a situation where the floor opens up for the rest of the team and we can exploit that spacing.

• Like 2

If they are going to stick that close to Korver and Scott and even throw some double at them and we can't abuse that with Teague, Sap and Horford then shame on our players and coaching staff.  Our offense should be a pick your poison situation not one where they can shut it down by doing something as simple as closely marking a couple of our perimeter shooters.  Instead, that should be a situation where the floor opens up for the rest of the team and we can exploit that spacing.

@AHF Add to that how many teams have that Shawn Marion player who can be that guy?

But Mike Scott is only good sometimes. He has some really explosive scoring performances, but many so so ones.

The Cavs are awful. Our loss to them should be wiped away. We definately should trash them next time. They got three superstars and can't score or defend as well as us, and contrary to popular belief it cannot get better with that coach and roster.

I forgot who said it but I agree that Melo and LeBron made poor decisions losing weight. It's still early but both their numbers took signifigant hits besides three point shooting where both are off the charts. Rebounds are awful for Melo, shooting percentage unrecognizable for LeBron. it's way too early for either to be losing weight in order to preserve their careers. You start doing that around 35, not 30.

Edited by benhillboy