• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Keep on Defending It!

willthepureshooter

Lou Williams never contributed anything here. He is a one trick pony player that will fall back down to earth.

What do you mean? His first year with us he produced 14pts 3.6ast per game. Obviously, you're defending Danny Ferrys stupid judgement. What has Bazemore and Thabo done? Last time I checked, Thabo lost his starting spot and subsequently his minutes in OKC. He was a scrub that played hustle defense when he first came into the league. He shined in spots due to the talent he was surrounded by (Durant, Westbrook, Harden) on nightly basis. He can't shoot worth a lick and his handles are terrible.

I'm not the only one that thinks Danny Ferrys an idiot.. We're getting laughed at around the country for that dumbass trade.

http://www.businessinsider.com/toronto-raptors-trade-for-lou-williams-was-a-steal-2014-11

Edited by willthepureshooter

What do you mean? His first year with us he produced 14pts 3.6ast per game. Obviously, you're defending Danny Ferrys stupid judgement. What has Bazemore and Thabo done? Last time I checked, Thabo lost his starting spot and subsequently his minutes in OKC. He was a scrub that played hustle defense when he first came into the league. He shined in spots due to the talent he was surrounded by (Durant, Westbrook, Harden) on nightly basis. He can't shoot worth a lick and his handles are terrible.

I'm not the only one that thinks Danny Ferrys an idiot.. We're getting laughed at around the country for that dumbass trade.

http://www.businessinsider.com/toronto-raptors-trade-for-lou-williams-was-a-steal-2014-11

Lou never really made an impact. He is a one trick pony, and he is not explosive as Jamal Crawford was here. 13 points a game is no big deal when you can't defend or play the point. He is an undersized ISO shooting guard. Lou was never going to be a major contributor in this offense either.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Lou wasn't a good fit here because he was a bench piece who could handle the ball and score. Scoring the ball off the bench isn't a good fit here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Premium Member

You guys can keep defending Danny Ferry on the Lou Williams trade, but it looks like we got shafted. We've created a pain in the ass in our own conference. Good job Danny! I wouldn't miss your overrated behind if you decided to resign and tour the Titanic wreckage! Sweet Lou is balling and moving fluidly around the court. What a shame! Smh that we brought in trash to fill-in the loss. Bazemore and Thabo combined can't make the points Lou's averaging this season. Bum ass trade!

The way you judge a trade is to examine what you gave up and what you got.

We got even More Cap Flexibility.

Cap Flexibility played tonight.  He had 33 min, 0 points, 0rebs, and 0 assist.  He came out of the game and let Bazemore get some run.

IN the meanwhile, Lou Williams wasn't washed up.

For this, i think you need to examine more than Lou being traded by Ferry.  At some point we have to examine the value of Bud's coaching and Bud's system.  Many people love Bud because he was an assistant for the Spurs.  Well, Woody was the defensive mind behind the Piston's championship team.  Point is that those systems worked because they had the right players.

Duncan, Parker, and Leonard are not walking through that door.  Right now we have a lot of talent and had a lot of talent but we're just a 1st to second round knock out. Defensively, we can't get stops.  Offensively we give up rebounds.  I though the whole purpose of giving up the rebounds was to set up a good defense? Maybe that works for an older team who have players that once were good defensively.  However, we're not that.

However, there's still time to evaluate Bud.

The evaluation of the system and Ferry is this:  What player in the league would make this system work for us in the next 2 to 3 years?

Obviously a talent like Lou Williams was expendable due to the system...so who is our golden grail?

Aren't you the poster that made the claim that Mack and Schro play 21 minutes a game together?

Aren't you the poster that reminded me of a post I made that has nothing to do with the current post? Well damn, you must have a DeLorean in your garage. Please save the high school tactic of discrediting, you're a lot older than that. Smh

Cap flexibility means nothing when you use it on bums. Pero is a clear example of a general manager and coach trying to save face after making a dumb decision. He's not even half of what Zaza and Ivan contributed.

I would honestly rather have Lou than Mack. The problem I have is that we traded Lou before giving him a full season being healthy in our offense. I let his injured and recovering from injury play factor into my thoughts that it was ok that we traded him. Sure he probably doesn't fit this system exactly but we really need a guy who can make clutch shots and who can spark the team with a timely steal. I'm sad to see him killing it in Toronto and it's just another example of letting this type of player get away. Doesn't suck as much as losing Jamal but it's still pretty bad. 

• Like 3