• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

Anybody else listen to NBARadio this morning on the drive in?  Glorious.

Apparently Blatt was "embarrassed" by the loss and apologized to the "good fans who always come out".

When Lebrunne was asked if he was embarrassed he snapped at the reporter, "Do you always ask negative questions?".  Reporter said that's what the coach said to which Lebrughn explained that he's "embarrassed by losing in the Finals".  Wha?

That team clearly gave up last night.  They hit us early, we responded and they went away and hid.  No fight.  Complete front-running team.

Chicago shill, Stacey King, gave us a lot of love.  Said, as many of us did, that team is full of perennial losers.  They probably look at the 14-10 record and think, "Man what's everybody so upset about.  That's 4 games over .500!"  

Knick shill, Isola, theorizes the Cavs are a dysfunctional team but also talked us up big-time.

I know, I know, it means nothing and next week they'll be back to over-looking us.  Still, made for a fun drive into the ol' office.

That's the thing about Lebron.  Show him some adversity and he will quit or run away.

• Like 1

• Moderators

K.I. got a little snooty as well...

~lw3

I just saw the LeBron clip. It was more about how he said it than what he said.

The video made him seem even more like a prima dona.

It might as well have gone...

"wow LeBron that was awful"

"do you see dis ring bitchez???"

Yeah, it sounded bad over radio as well.  Really snippy.

K.I. got a little snooty as well...

~lw3

Yes, yes ... late the hate flow within you Kyrie.  It's your team, the rest of them are just pawns in your game of life ...

Yeah, it sounded bad over radio as well. Really snippy.

Yes, yes ... late the hate flow within you Kyrie. It's your team, the rest of them are just pawns in your game of life ...

He was sporting a maaaddd case of bitch face. You could just tell he was thinking who the F are you to talk to me like that

His face when the reporter said "those are your coaches wordss" was priceless

Edited by Afro

Well, that was a hell of a lot of fun to watch. The way this Hawks team moves without the ball is nothing short of just perfect. Everyone plays completely unselfish ball. It's glorious. Any fan who says they'd rather watch one "superstar" instead of an entire team contributing is kidding themselves. Thirty six assists is a lot more fun than one guy going for 40 or 50 points.

Any player that wouldn't want to play for Atlanta is insane. Everyone gets shots and mostly they are wide open.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Stat wise... Washington does what the Hawks do... Except that they rebound the basketball.

Did you watch us play against Washington earlier this season? Handled them pretty easily

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/video/2014/12/17/141217LBJPostGMmov-3467270

About the 1:20 mark. (Can't figure how to embed it)

"You fell 3 points short shy of Charles Barkley on the all-time scoring list. How are you going to prepare for the next game?" 

That's gotta be the dumbest question ever asked to a pissed off superstar. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

ESPN: "More about bad Cavs than good Hawks" smdh

Skip Bayless did give us props and said Coach Bud's system deserves a ton of praise.  He also said Schröder will be a great player, but he did underestimate our guys which irritates me.  Coach Bud isn't the one out there hitting the shots or making the passes.

• Like 1

Another thing not mentioned about Schröder this game, is that he held "superstar allstar on the box-cover of NBA 2K14" Kyrie Irving  to 9 points and 6 assists, while having 1/3 more game-time vs Dennis' 10 and 10 on 22 min. It was great seeing him trying with screens and dribbles, not getting what he wanted, but being a smart and good enough PG to pass up the ball. However killing momentum, ending up late in the clock etc.

That was a real game-changer of the Cleveland game early on, when all the Cleveland lead was, was just a few minutes run. The Hawks where locked in from the get-go, no comparing to what happened last time with Cleveland around.

Also, great to see Horfords jump-hooks falling consistently finally.

And now we beat both Chicago and Cleveland. Surely a big ego-boost for this Hawks team. Anything can happen this year...

Im love watching these Hawks grow up.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 2

"You fell 3 points short shy of Charles Barkley on the all-time scoring list. How are you going to prepare for the next game?"

That's gotta be the dumbest question ever asked to a pissed off superstar.

You say dumbest but I'd enjoy a whole interview of questions like that to LeBron, possibly asked in an Australian accent. ESPECIALLY after a loss.