• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What a difference 45 days make. Quotes from the "enlightened" Hawksquawk members

Admin

This never happens in any pro sport.  Right?  Hawks have gone from last seed, 8th., to 1st.

Typically Atlanta.  Does no one remember when the Atlanta Braves went from worst to first?

Tonight, we have a reality check:

Atlanta no longer has J. Smoove on their roster.

Detroit no longer has J Smoove on their roster.

The two hottest teams in the NBA right now are set to battle it out.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Instant Classic thread.

Love it,lol @Wretch not even remembering what he posted.

Me and  @Wretch have a bet about me eating crow if Minny will be better than the Hawks in 3 years, so far no crow  for me.

I knew you wouldn't forget that ;)

lol  

I STILL HAVE IT BOOKMARKED TOO!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

Not defensive at all. I'm just saying that you could do this same thing with Teague during that time, and get a wide range of opinions .. mostly negative.

You can find a lot for both sides of that debate, though. Everyone who said Teague needs to increase his intensity, consistency, improve his passing, improve his shooting, improve his D, etc. can point to this season as exactly why those improvements were critical. He has made a huge leap this season across the board.

• Like 1

The light bulb came on for me watching us dismantle the Pacers live last January starting Pero. I believe it set Hibberts's and the Pacers' second half malaise in motion, their whole team and staff were so surprised, helpless, and embarrassed, like most of the sidelines of the contenders we've beaten comfortably lately.

From then on Bud could do no wrong IMO besides going with Lou over Shelvin in Game 6. I've forgiven him.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Last season we lost Horford and still made the playoffs. A lot of people did not take that into account. This season we added Thabo and Bazemore, a lot of people did not think much of it. This board is almost always a 50/50 Mix between doom and gloom and look out the Hawks could really surprise some folks. I am not shocked anymore by all the "expert" negativity; its pretty typical to be honest.

I think these Hawks have surprised the negative experts every season since wee added Horford to be honest; so this is only one more bigger surprise for them....

• Like 1

I saw the direction they were trying to head in last year but we just didnt quite have the bench to do it, then we lost Horford.  Even before the injuries happened we were still trying to get everyone on the same page but were making progress.

This year I knew we were going to get better with our aditions if the team bought in and played team ball. I just honestly thought we would begin meshing a little later in the season - basically play near .500 ball and make a trade before the deadline, and then gel in the last third and make noise in the playoffs. 

Not a homer but I thought Ferry did a lot of things that if they went wrong would seriously damage his cred going forward. But surprise surprise - bet ya if you took a poll today Ferry would be ushered back ceremoniously.  Even by some of the ones that considered him "elitist " . ( Well maybe not THOSE guys , hey I cant be right about everything.  :)

^

I've just wanted to chime in on an unrelated note, seeing as the above poster is from "Brunswick" and I have heard lots of game-announcers etc expressing troubles with pronouncing(or making fun of the sounding of) the city where Dennis comes from, Braunschweig.

Well, that city even got its own name in English, namely "Brunswick". Apparently there is also one in Georgia.

So all of you can relax, and just say Dennis is a talented 1 year PG, from Brunswick, Germany.

(Its to do with Lower-Saxony having been an allie of the Hannoverian-Georgian English crown and sending lots of regiments to fight in the war of independence for the English, they where named like Brunswick Regiment a.o. Its a small world)

• Like 1

So all of you can relax, and just say Dennis is a talented 1 year PG, from Brunswick, Germany.

(Its to do with Lower-Saxony having been an allie of the Hannoverian-Georgian English crown and sending lots of regiments to fight in the war of independence for the English, they where named like Brunswick Regiment a.o. Its a small world)

This is very helpful, thanks for helping out with the pronunciation. I definitely tried to pronounce his city a few times and it game out like "brawn-sh-weg" with a pathetic attempt at a German accent mixed my slight southern drawl.

No gramma-nazi here...

I love when people try...and if they fail, its also funny on top of that. I just thought to point out, how so far away, is often so close at home and to let you'll know a (imo)fun fact.

Anyway, Im suprised I didnt make the OP list, seeing me advocating for Lance Stephenson, Greg Monroe, and sniffing at Korvers defence(wow). Nvm trading Teague and Millsap for injured Paul George.

This season though, as it is going, no one saw ahead.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

For once, I am glad I was not quoted. I knew the team would be good, but never thought they'd be quite THIS good.

And I forget who said it, but saying the Hawks are the worst run team in all of sports is asinine. That's not even close to reality. That's just a blindly stupid statement.