• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Brawl for it all goes down on Feb 6.

Diesel

• Premium Member

On Feb 6, we get our hands on Golden State.  Should be a great game.  Their 3 point shooters vs. our 3 point shooters.   Teague vs. Curry.  Our frontline vs. their frontline.  The best in the East vs. the best in the West.

We just have to turn back Detroit again on next Monday!!

• Like 4

Bought my ticket months ago. Love their squad, but a first year head coach is no match for Bud. Even with similar styles we're much more disciplined and make much fewer unforced mistakes. There's no doubt in my mind if the Spurs were healthy they'd be atop the West.

Edited by benhillboy

I'm more interested in the Raptors-Bulls gauntlet this weekend.  If we win both of those games, on the road, we go to the ECF.

Just stop right here.  Let the season play out how it will, and enjoy the ride.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I'm more interested in the Raptors-Bulls gauntlet this weekend.  If we win both of those games, on the road, we go to the ECF.

Both of those teams will be looking to make a statement.  A win against both would blow my mind - in a season where this team has repeatedly shocked the hell out of me.  It'll give me some hope, that's for sure.  I'm still having a hard time convincing myself that we've actually made it.    We've passed plenty of tests this season, but if we're going to be contenders...these are the games we have to get up for.  I'm really more interested in the Toronto game, but what a weekend this is going to be!

Man, this is the most incredible season I've experienced in 30 years.

...and I'm not going to post ANYTHING about GS until after the game!  Not going to jinx it!  :D

• Like 2

• Moderators

Both of those teams will be looking to make a statement.  A win against both would blow my mind - in a season where this team has repeatedly shocked the hell out of me.  It'll give me some hope, that's for sure.  I'm still having a hard time convincing myself that we've actually made it.    We've passed plenty of tests this season, but if we're going to be contenders...these are the games we have to get up for.  I'm really more interested in the Toronto game, but what a weekend this is going to be!

Man, this is the most incredible season I've experienced in 30 years.

...and I'm not going to post ANYTHING about GS until after the game!  Not going to jinx it!  grin.gif

Not to go all conspiracy but we've rolled these teams so hard recently that the refs have had very little influence on the outcome.   If we get in a dog fight with a team like the Bulls we'll see how we will fare down the stretch of a close, physical game.   

• Like 3

Those Toronto and Chicago games are the 3rd&4th games in a 5 day stretch.  It will be tough to get wins there but I thrust this team.

Yeah, 4 games in 5 night stretches are tough, especially when they are all on the road.  I believe we had a 33% winning percentage during these stretches last season.

Those Toronto and Chicago games are the 3rd&4th games in a 5 day stretch.  It will be tough to get wins there but I thrust this team.

That's a tough stretch.  It'll be important for the starters to play well and beat up on Philly and Boston so they get some rest.

I really want us to beat Toronto if no one else.

I want the Toronto (to show them we aren't the same 7-6 level team they beat) and Chicago (to shut their damn fans up again) more than the other upcoming games. The Warriors game will be awesome though and I hope we're both still steam rolling at that point. 

• Like 1

SBNation has the Warriors above us. I can't knock it when they have 2 of the league's Top 5 lineups and we surprisingly don't have 1. They can switch Iggy and Speights for Barnes and Thompson, still beasting on both ends.

Wasn't it thought Draymond Green could possibly not make it in the NBA? Dudes' been doing whatever he wants on the floor. I'll stop way short of Van Gundy and Mark Jackson who seems to think he'll get a max deal, but he does seem like the do-it-all glue guy for them. How can he get a max when our same guy in that role only makes what, 4 mil?

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

No wiser words spoken. Let's just chill...lets settle down....that's what I want to dooooo.

I see you Ben.  lol  Showing some age there.......

I want the Toronto (to show them we aren't the same 7-6 level team they beat) and Chicago (to shut their damn fans up again) more than the other upcoming games. The Warriors game will be awesome though and I hope we're both still steam rolling at that point. 

Yes.  We're playing great and we've passed some huge tests, but this franchise has *NEVER* shown up when the really big games come.  That Raptors game is nothing short of a showdown...and I would love to get that win.  The Chicago game is huge too, and every bit a showdown...but that's gonna be a TOUGH, TOUGH game to win.  If we pull it out, I don't think I'd be able to speak for a week. lol

Man, how awesome would it be if both GS and ATL were the #1 teams when we face them!  This is too much fun.  I keep saying it, but I've never experienced anything like this with the Hawks.  Even though we were kicking ass in 94, the Nique trade will always put a nasty stain on that season.  Not to mention we got hammered in the 2nd round after squeaking by the 8th seed.

• Like 2