• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are The Pistons & Bucks more of a threat than the Raps & Bulls?

Blunt91

Any team is going to be a threat. It is how this Hawks team handle that pressure. If they handle it as well as they are handling things right now. No team can beat them in the East. If they can keep up this level of play. That right there might be their biggest thread. Can they substain this level of play?

It seems as if the Pistons and Bucks present more of a matchup problem for the Hawks than the top 3 teams behind us.  I would not want to play the Pistons or Bucks in the first round.

THe Bucks will be tough... They don't have one player that you gameplan for..... But I don't think that first round matchup will happen.

The Pistons could be somewhat like the Hawks from a year ago as they probably will not have a great record, but they could be a tough out also.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Naw, they only have one-shot, haymaker chances against us in singular games.

They can run with us and can chase the ball better than the Bulls and Wizards who use traditional Bigs and lineups. The Raptors Bigs simply aren't good enough. We have the clear advantage in everything else basketball related over the Pistons and Bucks.

It doesn't take Bud long to adjust to teams who are scrambling defensively, guessing right, and gambling on our natural passing patterns. A few fake handoffs, back cuts, and slip screens, they're back on their heels and our run begins.

They actually have to make the playoffs first too, right? I like the Magic more than both of them, they arguably have the 2 best players out of all 3 teams.

Edited by benhillboy

We still haven't played the Bulls with Noah. He hasn't had a great year on the court, but his length and activity would be a problem and he makes them a deeper team. 

I'm still most worried about the Cavs to be honest. Nobody wants to play against LeBron in the playoffs regardless of how much his team has struggled. I saw a Bulls fan hoping we'd draw the Cavs in the playoffs so we could "slay the LeBron dragon" for them. 

It seems as if the Pistons and Bucks present more of a matchup problem for the Hawks than the top 3 teams behind us. I would not want to play the Pistons or Bucks in the first round.

I agree with your post and this has been in the back of my head for a while now!

The Hawks really kick ass and I mean just flat out beat down those top teams in the east to where I'm at the point where they don't worry me...

-anyone who watched the wizards games saw wall get shutdown both times against us at home and away. Also saw the Wizards just oddly can't match up with the Hawks.

-the raptor games where just two teams trying to out score each buy since Atlanta defense has gotten 100 times better and Raptors 200 times worse as the season goes along, raptors no longer cause a problem for us until they can start playing defense again.

-Cavs are awful against us! With lebron or without they can't keep the Hawks from scoring and the Hawks defense will get more stops simply because the Hawks are better defensively.

-Bulls can't beat us without Noah and that's clear but even with Noah I still see the Bulls struggling offensively cause rose is going to more than likely go 5-22 as he is just awful this season. Plus Bulls defense isn't good this year as a whole, there are a ton of problems they have defensively that Noah can't fix all on his own.

Now to the team I think gives us trouble in the east...

Bucks- bucks have long mobile bigs and knight is just as fast as teague and that's really the two biggest things they have matching up with on the Hawks. Most teams the Hawks play bigs can't keep up with sap and horford but the Bucks don't struggle at that. as far as knight he can really break down the defense much like teague.

I do think the Hawks will win the series against the bucks in a playoff matchup but I also think it would be the Hawks toughest matchup in the east! Which is crazy I guess cause getting pass them I'm basically saying championship, right? Well call me crazy but ive watched every hawk game this year and the bucks are the one team we struggled with. If it wasn't for some late teague heroics we wouldn't have beat the bucks that 2nd time around.

By the way Pistons are indeed better but I know the Hawks can beat them or even sweep them in a series...I don't feel that way about the bucks though I say Hawks win but in a game 6 or 7

Edited by JTB

We shot 2/15 on 3s outside of Korver. That was the biggest problem.

But yes. I've said for the past month or two that a young team like the bucks scares me the most. Just something about when we play a team like that that makes us not play well

Bucks have smaller more agile guys with great length that allows them to rotate well on all of the team's ball movement. They are also a poor man's/Bizarro version of this roster but their main guys and coach lack the experience together that I think will be the edge for the Hawks. They could make it entertaining based off of moxy alone though, they were meant to be a lotto team collecting assets around Parker and Antentokounmpo so they will be playing with House money in the playoffs.

Detroit.....blame the "flu" all you want but Drummond is a dumb ass on defense. Zero awareness and Al worked a clinic on him, he had no desire to guard Al out to the midrange, got burnt. He realizes he has to guard Al out in the midrange, decided to neglect his guards entirely, leaves them on an island for Jeffrey and Dennis to feast. No rotation or adaptation, just decides on what he's going to do before a possession and sticks with it. If Stan Van plays him it will be a very short series, gaudy rebounding totals be damned. If Stan Van goes to his patented 4 out 1 in then it might be more of a series because you never know who may get hot.

• Like 2

It seems as if the Pistons and Bucks present more of a matchup problem for the Hawks than the top 3 teams behind us.  I would not want to play the Pistons or Bucks in the first round.

Yeah those two are probably the two biggest teams in the East. Rebounding keeps them in the game. Fortunately, they don't have enough offense to outscore the Hawks. 

• Premium Member

I think that those guys will be big problems for us.  As any team can be.  Here's why.

We are not out talenting anybody.  In fact, individually, we are the least talented team every time we play.  But we play strong team ball.  Well, when those talented teams moves from Iso ball to team ball, they become a threat to us.  Because then, they move from a weakness to matching our strength with strength.

Chicago may not be able to shake the need to go to Rose.  And I love it, when Rose is playing Individual ball, it looks great but everybody is not involved.   Same thing with Wall.  Those guys become easier to Guard.  Our defense looks better.  However, when teams move the ball from side to side like we do, then they look talented.  That's why we struggle with Orlando.  They have a team full of players and no star.   Same thing with Milwaukee.

However, those star teams, play right into our hands.  We saw a little bit of that with Indy last year.  We isolated George...  We just didn't have the strength in the frontcourt and George was able to get West going and then they got Hibbert going in the last minute.

Right now, we're changing the game.