• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The city is all in

NineOhTheRino

You're not sure how this Hawks team that are breaking their franchise records could be a once in a lifetime thing? I've been a fan 29 years and I've never seen a team like this and we may not see a team like this again.

I don't see how seeing it in person vs. seeing it on TV is once in a lifetime.  And I've been a Hawks fan longer than you have.

I don't see how seeing it in person vs. seeing it on TV is once in a lifetime.  And I've been a Hawks fan longer than you have.

Your profile says and always has that you've been a fan since 2005 but whatever... if you don't understand how seeing this years team in person would be different than sitting with the other 12 Hawks fans "filling up" Philips before this year then I don't know what to tell you.

The ASG has caused our franchise a lot of embraressment over the years and cost our city the Thrashers and I cant wait for us to find a new owner to erase their memory from our city.

That being said, the ASG hired Danny Ferry. Danny Ferry initiated our current culture change and recruited Coach Bud who has been better than any free agent we could have signed. The ASG also hired Steve Koonin who has been a breathe of fresh air and nothing short of remarkable in terms of rebranding our team and reaching out to the city.

Ferry, Bud, Koonin....This is the most successful and best brand of basketball we have ever played in a regular season in ATL and it has happened under the ASGs regime. That cannot be erased from the history books. So for all the bad that they have done to this franchise and city, they have finally started to get it right. They do deserve credit for that. I cant wait for new owners, but the old ones are definately going out with a bang. I have already been to more games this year than I have in the past 10 combined. I dont want to miss a single second of the best Atlanta sports team of recent memory no matter who is cutting the checks.

• Like 4

Who do you think pays the player's salary? And earns the profits from the team?

Well I didn't mean it in a literal sense, obviously ASG but there is nothing I can do about that.  My point is this team has done a good job putting on the blinders of all the ownership nonsense around them and have come together to play the right way.  I'm doing the same and taking a page out of their book.

Sure, the money out of my pocket makes its way to the ASG but I'm not going to let something I can't control keep me from enjoying the best season I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Your profile says and always has that you've been a fan since 2005 but whatever... if you don't understand how seeing this years team in person would be different than sitting with the other 12 Hawks fans "filling up" Philips before this year then I don't know what to tell you.

I joined Hawksquawk in 2005, so I used that year in my profile.  I'm a native Atlantan in my late 30's, and I've been going to games the entire time, including games where nearly no one was there.  I've been to plenty of exciting games too, including the 2008 Game 6 that I mentioned.  Not much more for me to see from this team unless/until they get to the ECF, which is also televised.  If you don't understand what it's like for an incompetent ownership group to sell your favorite major league team out of your town state country, I don't know what to tell you.  

• Like 1

Well I didn't mean it in a literal sense, obviously ASG but there is nothing I can do about that.  My point is this team has done a good job putting on the blinders of all the ownership nonsense around them and have come together to play the right way.  I'm doing the same and taking a page out of their book.

Sure, the money out of my pocket makes its way to the ASG but I'm not going to let something I can't control keep me from enjoying the best season I've ever seen.

Then again you're not one of @hawksfanatic's freeloaders so of course you're not going to miss out on seeing this team in person.

• Like 1

I joined Hawksquawk in 2005, so I used that year in my profile.  I'm a native Atlantan in my late 30's, and I've been going to games the entire time, including games where nearly no one was there.  I've been to plenty of exciting games too, including the 2008 Game 6 that I mentioned.  Not much more for me to see from this team unless/until they get to the ECF, which is also televised.  If you don't understand what it's like for an incompetent ownership group to sell your favorite major league team out of your town state country, I don't know what to tell you.  

Okay you're in your late 30's, same as me. I guess that means you were a rabid fan before you were 10 and therefore that should mean something in this argument? 

And if you don't know how to appreciate the product on the floor and support them then I don't know what to tell you...

Then again you're not one of @hawksfanatic's freeloaders so of course you're not going to miss out on seeing this team in person.

Maybe I'm just out of it, but I don't catch the freeloaders reference.

Either way, there is a saying that you should put your money where your mouth is. I take this to heart with the squawk but I'm a bit torn with the A$G. If you hate them and don't want to pay, I'm cool with that. Clearly the Hawks luster changed that for me (although I bought my flight back in October).

One thing I'm puzzled at is people who are upset at those who are unwilling to support the A$G but then, they don't support the team. Im puzzled by it.

• Moderators

"Wait a minute... what happened to Paul George?"

~lw3

• Like 1

Okay you're in your late 30's, same as me. I guess that means you were a rabid fan before you were 10 and therefore that should mean something in this argument? 

And if you don't know how to appreciate the product on the floor and support them then I don't know what to tell you...

You're wasting your time.  I don't need to be there in person to support the team.  Lecture someone else.

You're a naysayer. I didn't bother going to a lot of Braves games in the 90s because I knew we'd have 3 hall of fame pitchers on the staff again soon. And then bam like clockwork we're trotting out Hanson, Beachy, and Jurrjens and I'm all like "Hap-py days are here again, the stars at night are......"

Those three were not close to Glavine , Smoltz , and Maddux