• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The city is all in

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Did a head gasket & timing chain this weekend so you know I downed a lot of beer and listened to a lot of Atlanta sports radio.  The city is all in.  In all my years as a fan I have never heard so much positive talk about the Hawks. This is big!  Keep in mind we're still in football mode and the Falcons are a top story since they are looking (technically looking) for a coach. 

I honestly don't care that much about the casual fan.  I do think those players care about the casual fans.   This coming home stretch should be a great TV and arena experience.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 4

The incompetence of the other teams in town are making the Hawks an easy choice.  One the Hawks have brand new ownership, I'm all in.  Until the idiot ownership that sabotaged the Thrashers is gone, I'll have to enjoy the Hawks on TV only.

• Like 1

The incompetence of the other teams in town are making the Hawks an easy choice.  One the Hawks have brand new ownership, I'm all in.  Until the idiot ownership that sabotaged the Thrashers is gone, I'll have to enjoy the Hawks on TV only.

So you're going to miss what could be a once in a lifetime experience seeing these incredible Hawks playing live just because the ASG, whom you wouldn't even see at the game, still own the team? 

• Like 1

So you're going to miss what could be a once in a lifetime experience seeing these incredible Hawks playing live just because the ASG, whom you wouldn't even see at the game, still own the team?

I see no problem with this. It's a man who has principles and won't stray from them. I applaud him.

Or are you, gasp, supporting the A$G?

I see no problem with this. It's a man who has principles and won't stray from them. I applaud him.

People who stick to their "principles" often miss out on great things. I don't give a damn about the ASG but I do care about this team and I think it's insane to potentially miss out on the best Hawks team we'll ever see in our lifetime just because of who the owners are.

• Like 1

I can understand sticking to your principles but if you read about the players, they aren't playing for the owners.  They're playing for each other and Bud because they've all invested in each other as a team.

I kind of feel the same as a fan.  I'm not paying to to line the pockets of the ASG.  I'm paying to show my appreciation for what Bud and these players have accomplished and enjoy the experience of a historic season.

That said, I'm not local anymore....but will be showing my support in March when they come face the Lakers for revenge!

Edited by AUhawksfan
  • Like 1

Not sure how this is a once in a lifetime experience, but yes.  Plus, if I'm watching on TV, I'm not missing much.  I've been to plenty of games live, and it's only different in the playoffs, like Game 6 in 2008, which I had great seats for.  ASG hasn't earned more buy-in from me than that, but I still support the players from afar.

Edited by Bahamut

Not sure how this is a once in a lifetime experience, but yes. Plus, if I'm watching on TV, I'm not missing much. I've been to plenty of games live, and it's only different in the playoffs, like Game 6 in 2008, which I had great seats for. ASG hasn't earned more buy-in from me than that, but I still support the players from afar.

You're not sure how this Hawks team that are breaking their franchise records could be a once in a lifetime thing? I've been a fan 29 years and I've never seen a team like this and we may not see a team like this again.

• Moderators

You're not sure how this Hawks team that are breaking their franchise records could be a once in a lifetime thing? I've been a fan 29 years and I've never seen a team like this and we may not see a team like this again.

You're a naysayer.   I didn't bother going to a lot of Braves games in the 90s because I knew we'd have 3 hall of fame pitchers on the staff again soon.   And then bam like clockwork we're trotting out Hanson, Beachy, and Jurrjens and I'm all like "Hap-py days are here again, the stars at night are......"

You're a naysayer. I didn't bother going to a lot of Braves games in the 90s because I knew we'd have 3 hall of fame pitchers on the staff again soon. And then bam like clockwork we're trotting out Hanson, Beachy, and Jurrjens and I'm all like "Hap-py days are here again, the stars at night are......"

Just old enough to not take things for granted and with 2 of our starters being free agents who knows what could happen.

As for the Braves, you've always got '96 to look back on and smile.

• Moderators

Just old enough to not take things for granted and with 2 of our starters being free agents who knows what could happen.

As for the Braves, you've always got '96 to look back on and smile.

Don't know if that was a yankee dig but i smile about   '95.  96 i look back on and wish steroids had never been invented.   

saythat.gif

18f19oodecjzgjpg.jpg

• Like 1

Yes I'm certain there were quite a lot of sell outs there last night. 

Did you mean to really say that?,  Oh you bet you did, I see whatcha did there.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I can understand sticking to your principles but if you read about the players, they aren't playing for the owners.  They're playing for each other and Bud because they've all invested in each other as a team.

I kind of feel the same as a fan.  I'm not paying to to line the pockets of the ASG.  I'm paying to show my appreciation for what Bud and these players have accomplished and enjoy the experience of a historic season.

That said, I'm not local anymore....but will be showing my support in March when they come face the Lakers for revenge!

Who do you think pays the player's salary? And earns the profits from the team?

It's fine if you don't mind the A$G. I totally disagree with you, but that is fine to not care about them and still support the team. But, if you are annoyed with the A$G and want to stick it to them then you can't be directly sending money to them and saying "oh well, I'm just supporting the players". That isn't consistent with what @Bahamut has already stated. That takes a lot of discipline to do that.

I, on the other hand, don't have that discipline. In spite of how much I hate the A$G, I'm making a trip out to Atlanta for the next two games.