• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Breaking News: Adreian Payne traded to T-Wolves for 2017 1st (lottery proteected 2017-2020)

Admin

Payne is an unknown ... not a bust....yet

He might become a very solid player for all we know ...

We are a WIN NOW team so Payne is not going to figure into that as he still needs time to develop ... 

Obviously we are trying to open a roster spot ... Moose would have just been released while AP got us a first.  It makes sense to to move him

He might get more burn in Minny too.

Lets trade Jenkins for a second and lets go get a guard (Ray Ray) and a rebounding big (Garnett after release) 

He could become decent but with his lack of movement and BBIQ, he was a terrible pick for us. Ferry dropped the ball on that when his boy Saric was off the board. 

I was hoping to see Payne do well here, but it was becoming obvious that something wasn't right. I have wondered the last few days if we would trade him. I think I even mentioned that in one of these threads.

It definitely is a fail since we don't even get that pick for years. I have been thinking though that we have so many young guys how will the draft picks next year fit on the team. We still have Edy and Lamar Patterson too.

Earlier when I saw Gary Neal might be available I wondered if he was a possibility. I know he used to hit a lot of 3's with the Spurs. Is he still good or not really worth the pick up?

It is pretty exciting to know somebody will be coming in.

Payne is an unknown ... not a bust....yet

He might become a very solid player for all we know ...

We are a WIN NOW team so Payne is not going to figure into that as he still needs time to develop ...

Obviously we are trying to open a roster spot ... Moose would have just been released while AP got us a first. It makes sense to to move him

He might get more burn in Minny too.

Lets trade Jenkins for a second and lets go get a guard (Ray Ray) and a rebounding big (Garnett after release)

NOOOOO KG..... Sorry it was an impulse.

Shabazz wouldve been big for us. He hits the glass about as hard as Kidd-Gilcrist, athletic, can slash. But whatever, Bud and Ferry aren't making any moves if it doesn't improve the 'chise.

Not mad Payne left at all, but I hope he does well. I was very leery once the plantar fasciitis kicked in, wasn't a good sign for a young player at all.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

They aren't trading Bazz tho. He would need to improve his range to be of interest to us. 

He has range, just needs to stick it more. He also has a deadly low post game which I know sounds funky for a 2/3 tweener wing player but he is just freaking unreal on the left low block.

But yeah, they aren't trading Bazz. He and Wiggins will ideally be their starting SF and SG.

Good luck to Adreian! Mr. Wiggins, introducing your new future power forward!

That draft pick is going to look juicy in a couple years.

~lw3

How would it look juicy? At best it can be a 14th pick in 2017, at worst ~30th in 2020. Payne was picked 15th. I don't see it as a good thing by any stretch of the imagination unless that pick is used to trade for a quality young veteran who puts us over the top.

• Like 2

He has range, just needs to stick it more. He also has a deadly low post game which I know sounds funky for a 2/3 tweener wing player but he is just freaking unreal on the left low block.

But yeah, they aren't trading Bazz. He and Wiggins will ideally be their starting SF and SG.

Isn't Bazz a character issue guy? Maybe he isn't a Hawk lockeroom guy anyways. Chemistry is key.

we have opened up a roster spot and have his money value so maybe we can attract the right free agent here ...

What is our biggest needs?

Rebounds

Rim/Paint Defense

3 pt Defense

depth

Doesn't have to be a free agent either. We could trade for someone making around 6.5 million without having to send a player back.

we have opened up a roster spot and have his money value so maybe we can attract the right free agent here ...

What is our biggest needs?

Rebounds

Rim/Paint Defense

3 pt Defense

depth

I'd say rebounding and interior D...we have good perimeter D as well as good depth.

So, clearly I was right. Payne's been contributing since day 1 ... to the Mad Ants and now to our future drafts.

Never at a loss for words even when backed into a corner you won't waive the white flag....lol..you got heart kid..

• Moderators

How would it look juicy? At best it can be a 14th pick in 2017, at worst ~30th in 2020. Payne was picked 15th. I don't see it as a good thing by any stretch of the imagination unless that pick is used to trade for a quality young veteran who puts us over the top.

At best the 15th pick unless they contract a franchise between now and then!

I thought he would be perfect in Bud's system. Oh wel...this team wants to win a championship now and prefers a veteran.

I just hope Horford and Milsap stay healthy all season and through the playoffs.

Maybe he had all the tools but just couldn't learn the system well? Who knows.