• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Celtics

lethalweapon3

I went to sleep after first half, looked like an easy walk, what happened? :(

This team doesn't have the drive the had in December. You can tell that by the players body language. They really haven't been the same since they thumped Washington and Toronto in back to back games. Before, you got the feeling that the players felt they had something to prove even as they continued to win in December and early Jan. It does not seem that way now. 

Read the postage quotes:

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/hawks-celtics-postgame-quotes/nj882/

They grew satisfied with what they did.  They're not a driven team anymore.

They've also stopped sharing the ball:

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/atl/split/43/atlanta-hawks

They're only averaging 22.8 APG this month.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Well, Bull Feathers!

We quit.  Then, with our players apparently tired and not making shots all

the second half, many of our bench didn't get a peak at the floor.  Why?

I put the blame on Bud for this.

Do we blame Korver and Millsap, neither one hitting their shots? 

As a team, Hawks missed a lot of free throws and left enough points there

to have won the game for us.  I cringe with each missed freebie and I did

a lot of cringing last night.

We didn't just miss getting rebounds, we had several rebounds taken away

from our hands.  It's one thing not to get a rebound but having it ripped

from our hands after we grab it - - UGH!

Last half of the 4th quarter, Hawks went into full sleepwalk mode.  Couldn't

help but think of the Celtics beating us in the playoffs.  They are not the same

players but they are still the same Boston.

Pedro - "Help!  I've fallen and can't get up.!

So many things went wrong, yet we lost by one - - one lousy point!

WAKE UP ATLANTA HAWKS !

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Kover getting in Dennis' butt for  that cute pass summed it up for me.  These guys were completely out of sync in the 2nd half.  

Funny how a few play later Teague made a worse pass and Korver didn't say a word.  I guess Dennis is still getting the rookie treatment.

Kover getting in Dennis' butt for that cute pass summed it up for me. These guys were completely out of sync in the 2nd half.

Funny how a few play later Teague made a worse pass and Korver didn't say a word. I guess Dennis is still getting the rookie treatment.

You saw that too huh. Lol.

I've noticed the lack of the sharing of the ball over the past few games. I'm hopping the guys are just gassed and need some rest.

That is part of the problem, they seemed tentative and unsure and sometimes the spacing was off.

I've noticed the lack of the sharing of the ball over the past few games. I'm hopping the guys are just gassed and need some rest.

I think teams are starting to figure out what the Hawks are doing offensively and started dropping back into the passing lanes (turnovers 2nd half) off the picks that were so easy the first quarter. My buddy is a Heat fan and warned me a few weeks ago that we will start seeing the best from every team even the crappy ones almost every night.  This is something that the Hawks haven't had to deal with before and they are going to have to clean up some of the sloppy play before the playoffs.  For now they can rest a little bit for the Allstar game. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I know this has been beat to death but I really think this is where a player like Ray Allen could help. None of our guys are that confident in their overall offensive game. If the offensive flow isn't that good we don't have guys that are going to consistently bail us out. Ray is a guy that's available that has a history of doing that. I'm not saying he's perfect but he's available and has more offensive tools and composure under pressure.

You saw that too huh. Lol.

Did you guys also see the play where we moved the ball around the horn and it ended up in Bazemore's hands at the top of the key and the defense closed out on him and Korver was wiiiide open in the corner and was slapping his hands for Baze to make the extra pass but Baze launched it? Even though Baze made the shot, I feel as though "true Bud ball sharing" called for one more pass to Korver on that play.

Wasn't a huge deal because Baze scored the bucket but in January that extra pass happened every time.

@NineOhTheRino @JayBirdHawk

Edited by Spud2Nique

And a Baze difficult bucket doesn't have the same deflating effect on the opposition that a Korver 3 does. I'm sure they felt good with their defense simply because they force Baze into a tough shot.

Agreed. A lot more deflating when your opposition ends up with EXACTLY what they drew up, a three from their BEST perimeter shooter.

And a Baze difficult bucket doesn't have the same deflating effect on the opposition that a Korver 3 does. I'm sure they felt good with their defense simply because they force Baze into a tough shot.

I disagree. The fact that Baze made that three could be demoralizing considering we have yet another person that can hit the three point shot.

The Hawks definitely just left off the gas last night, which is disappointing. They were clearly the better team though and should have won easily so I am not too worried about the loss. I think it was a good wake up call to not take any team for granted.

The only part that is annoying about the loss is it makes it more likely that the Warriors get home court in the Finals if we both make it in. Warriors now have a 1.5 game lead on best record over us instead of .5 if we had put the game away like we should have last night.

• Like 1

True, the whole team kinda huddled around him. I wasn't fully relieved until he had a tough offensive rebound and put back shortly afterwards.

Meanwhile Nique and Bob were just rambling on not even mentioning it. I'm like WTF man pay attention and stop parroting everything that Bob is saying!!!