• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Believe It: Jeff Teague Is One of the Best Defensive Point Guards In Basketball

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Want to be an NBA player like Jeff Teague

Okay, go and find your biggest friend, preferably someone muscular and sweaty who weighs around 250 lbs (If that task poses some difficulty, using two smaller friends isn't great, but it's an acceptable approximation).

Now stand that friend (or friends) in a wide doorway of your home, get them into a balanced stance, and tell them not to let you past...

Continue Reading

• Like 2

Have definitely noticed his work around picks this year.  He used to either get blown up entirely or held back like the pick setter was a bouncer at a club but now he seems to glide by and if he's beat by some, he recovers by picking their pocket.

His key to success made me chuckle though:

"Effort. And wanting to win. That's it."

• Like 1

Good article. One thing it fails to take into account though is how having good mobile bigs in Horford, Sap, and Pero step out and hedge the opposing PG on the pick and roll helps give our defender time to fight through the screen. Just another of the underappreciated nuances of what our bigs actually contribute, while some complain for more rebounds and/or to bench Antić.

• Like 2

Good article. One thing it fails to take into account though is how having good mobile bigs in Horford, Sap, and Pero step out and hedge the opposing PG on the pick and roll helps give our defender time to fight through the screen. Just another of the underappreciated nuances of what our bigs actually contribute, while some complain for more rebounds and/or to bench Antić.

You're one of the better new posters. You're an older head, huh?

You're one of the better new posters. You're an older head, huh?

Thank you, and yes. I've read the boards for years, just don't post much. I do the same on a lot of boards. I'll end up posting a while, then move on to other things and stop posting. Then maybe post more later on. My focus switches at the drop of a hat, unfortunately.

Have definitely noticed his work around picks this year.  He used to either get blown up entirely or held back like the pick setter was a bouncer at a club but now he seems to glide by and if he's beat by some, he recovers by picking their pocket.

His key to success made me chuckle though:

"Effort. And wanting to win. That's it."

Teague looks a lot stronger this year too. Teague.png