• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kirilenko

DS5

• Moderators

To be fair, this is the same team that has been openly tanking for 2 years now. I mean, they just traded away their best 2 young players for even more picks. I think any veteran would want to get out of that situation.

But the answer to that isn't to just not show up to work. A little more professionalism and a little less crybaby on his part would have been better, but that's Russian athletes for ya. And still, no thanks.

But the answer to that isn't to just not show up to work. A little more professionalism and a little less crybaby on his part would have been better, but that's Russian athletes for ya. And still, no thanks.

I read there was talk of a buy out at the initial trade and Philly changed their mind after the deal hoping to trade him instead.

• Premium Member

After the way he treated Philly, he should be black-balled from the league. No thanks to AK.

You mean after Philly flat out lied to him and his agent and promised they would buy him out after the trade in order to let him sign with another team? Would you want to work for a team that literally flat out lied to your face while you were dealing with a family health issue at the time?

• Like 1

• Moderators

You mean after Philly flat out lied to him and his agent and promised they would buy him out after the trade in order to let him sign with another team? Would you want to work for a team that literally flat out lied to your face while you were dealing with a family health issue at the time?

I didn't know that part. f*** Philly if that's the circumstances. Maybe on AK now.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

So y'all want a guy that hasn't contributed anything in 2 years but dismissed a 12 point/game 6.8 rebounds/game in 24 minutes with a per of 19.4 and a TS 58.9?  Interesting.

If you are talking about Amare, I think there is more interest here because of the perception that we could use another plus versatile defender and Amare can neither defend wings nor defend at a competent level anymore.  I seriously doubt it is because anyone thinks AK can score more points than Amare.  Personally, I would be open to anyone willing to play a limited role here that Bud feels like would be a valuable tool in the toolkit.

Kirilenko was always a tweener, much like Josh, whose skillset was better suited towards PF despite his body being more suited to SF.  He was never truly a wing and I imagine age has further diminished his ability to play there.  I believe that that is precisely why he was played in the past year solely as small 4 before getting benched in favor of Teletovic, a small 4 that can actually shoot.

Edited by MaceCase