• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All alone in 1st place!

Gray Mule

Heard on the radio last night that the Cavs would have to go 22-1 just to catch us if we go .500.  

We should clinch a playoff berth by Wednesday (magic number down to 4). Our magic number to clinch the Southeast is like 10, and the magic number to clinch the #1 seed in the East is 15.  

Washington is in a free fall, and Toronto has lost 4 in a row since beating us. They're only a half game up on Chicago for the #2 seed, and Cleveland is a full game behind Toronto.  

I don't think the experts are picking Cleveland to win the #1 seed in the East, but they are picking them to play in the Finals.  It would take an epic collapse combined with an unthinkable winning streak from another team for us to lose the #1 seed at this point.  

There's not a team that seems threatening in the first round.  I kind of hope it's Indiana so we can get the memories of last year out of our system.  Miami could be a threat as an 8 seed if they start getting some chemistry with Dragic, Wade, and Whiteside.  Not sure who I would feel most threatened by.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I keep watching this magic number site.  The magic number is like 16 to clinch...and I've been counting down!  

For the first time since I was a little boy, with crazy homerific hope, there isn't a single team in the East that I fear.  Not one.  LeBron makes me a little nervous, so I'm still holding my breath a little...but if we play our game and make the shots we should make...we're going to the ECFs.

That is just so crazy to me......

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I keep watching this magic number site.  The magic number is like 16 to clinch...and I've been counting down!  

For the first time since I was a little boy, with crazy homerific hope, there isn't a single team in the East that I fear.  Not one.  LeBron makes me a little nervous, so I'm still holding my breath a little...but if we play our game and make the shots we should make...we're going to the ECFs.

That is just so crazy to me......

This is our year period. When this team is on top of its game, they can compete with and beat any team in the league. The only issues I've seen are maintaining the defensive intensity for the entire game and keeping the offensive execution crisp. I highly doubt those things will be a problem during the Playoffs, especially with home court advantage through the Eastern Conference and possibly throughout the Playoffs. We've all seen how these guys react to the energy from the fans. The energy from the crowd this postseason will make the '07-'08 Celtics series seem tame.

Edited by hawkman
  • Like 2

I think even Bud expects us to win the regular season east title. Judgeing by the way we sat guys vs Miami Bud knows we have room to play with and rest is important rite now.The fear may actually be in finishing off the east too early and having nothing to play for late.

The fact that this thread exists makes the past several seasons a distant memory. I really hope Thabo returns and resumes where he left off. He will be a key part of a deep playoff run. The depth and defensive intensity he brings will be much needed IMO.

For the record, I'd like to beat Indy! I also hope we play the ECF against the Cavs and win that one before taking top honors in the Finals;)