• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: (Some) Hawks - heat

lethalweapon3

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whiteside is gonna drop Wilt Chamberlain type rebounding numbers on us if this keeps up.

I was thinking the same lol..although I think it's 52...lol

In addition to his rebounding, JJ has hit on 3 from beyond the circle!

Hawks look as good as their opponent tonight despite resting some starters.

GO TEAM ATL !!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

So... sidebar... you all realize, of course, that this Whiteside kid is yet another product of the Marshall Thundering Herd... sure, we have more football success in more recent years (Pennington, Moss, Ahmad Bradshaw, Troy Brown and others), and we're probably more associated with great coaches (D'Antoni, Billy Donovan) than great players (apologies to Hustlin' Hal Greer)...

But so, would Whiteside be a fit on our roster? Coz, ya know, he's going to be on the market in about 16 months...

2015-02-28_2017.png

• Like 1

So... sidebar... you all realize, of course, that this Whiteside kid is yet another product of the Marshall Thundering Herd... sure, we have more football success in more recent years (Pennington, Moss, Ahmad Bradshaw, Troy Brown and others), and we're probably more associated with great coaches (D'Antoni, Billy Donovan) than great players (apologies to Hustlin' Hal Greer)...

But so, would Whiteside be a fit on our roster? Coz, ya know, he's going to be on the market in about 16 months...

2015-02-28_2017.png

I remember a few folks calling for a Whiteside pick for the Hawks when he was drafted. None more so than @ if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I wonder where bazemore ranks as a shot blocker among guards.

Among players the league classsifies as Guards, Baze ranks 5th with 1.4 swats per-48, behind KJ McDaniels (ACC!), Brandon Rush, Jordan Adams, and Danny Green. 3rd among players with more than 25 games played (McDaniels, Green).

http://stats.nba.com/league/player/#!/?PerMode=Per48&PlayerPosition=G&sort=BLK&dir=1

~lw3

• Like 1