• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which Former Hawks would you allow to come back and retire a Hawk?

Diesel

Who would you let come back?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

I think about the fact that we let Nique go (it's Nique week) and after his stint with San Antonio, after his championship in Greece, he came back and finished with the Celtics (our enemy).  I think the classy thing for us to have done (even for just a 10 day contract) was to pick up Nique and allow him to go out of the game as an Atlanta Hawk!!

Well, there are other players, none of course like Nique, who have played for us over the years and may have found some fanbase in Atlanta.  My question is what Former Hawk would you let come back DURING THE 2015-2016 year and retire as a Hawk!!  Let's put salary out of the argument and just say that they were waived by their current team and they wanted to finish their career... who would you call!!!

• Moderators

Strangely enough.. I think an old man Joe Johnson or Jamal Crawford would fit in our offense with some off the bench downtown shooting if we could get them for cheap.

I wasn't a big Jamal fan because his defense was just so poor.  But he was as clutch a shooter as we've had and a good guy.   I just don't think Bud can tolerate a lack of effort on the defensive end.   Joe is just not quick enough anymore for this offense I don't think.   One thing about all these Hawks is they are quick and they move with and without the ball.  Other than the money though I'm surprise Joe didn't get trade for.  I thought he'd fit in Charlotte.

• Premium Member

Give me JJ.  I'll never forget how he CHOSE to come here, his work ethic, and how much hope he gave us.  I was never a fan of the ISO offense, but I don't see how people still blame that on Joe.

ZaZa goes without saying.  He should be a permanent fixture at Phillips greeting people in his stylish suits and whatnot. lol  
"NOTHING EASY!"

I wanted to vote Josh, but that dude....he went over the top with his bandwagon comments.  Just wow man....

• Like 1

• Admin

I think Joe playing in our system would be a great fit ... he was iso when he was here but it was because of the system.  Very smart player with an all around game ... would probably be our best post up player ironically ... 

Zaza would def love to have back ... he is just the backup center we need

I think Crawford would be a terrible fit.

• Like 1

I think Joe playing in our system would be a great fit ... he was iso when he was here but it was because of the system. Very smart player with an all around game ... would probably be our best post up player ironically ...

Zaza would def love to have back ... he is just the backup center we need

I think Crawford would be a terrible fit.

People forget what Joe's game was like in Phoenix.

I can't believe some of you voted for Jet with the way he trashed the city and team after he left. I wouldn't piss him on if he were on fire let alone want him to retire as a Hawk.

Only Zaza gets that honor from me. Joe was never a real Hawk, Marvin was a colossal bust, and Josh has burned the bridge. None of the other guys matter. 

I wasn't a big Jamal fan because his defense was just so poor.  But he was as clutch a shooter as we've had and a good guy.   I just don't think Bud can tolerate a lack of effort on the defensive end.   Joe is just not quick enough anymore for this offense I don't think.   One thing about all these Hawks is they are quick and they move with and without the ball.  Other than the money though I'm surprise Joe didn't get trade for.  I thought he'd fit in Charlotte.

Joe is playing about 1/3 of his minutes at the 4 these days.   Hollins is trying every single possible lineup he can think of to get the Nets in the playoffs.  So maybe an old man JJ can be a stretch 3/4 that stands in the corner, and defends guys who do the same thing.   He can guard a guy like Trevor Ariza.

And my votes go to JJ and Zaza.  And I agree that Zaza will win this.

I can't believe some of you voted for Jet with the way he trashed the city and team after he left. I wouldn't piss him on if he were on fire let alone want him to retire as a Hawk.

Only Zaza gets that honor from me. Joe was never a real Hawk, Marvin was a colossal bust, and Josh has burned the bridge. None of the other guys matter. 

Joe spent 7 years here.  Longer than guys like Steve Smith and Dikembe Mutumbo.  How was he not a "real Hawk"?  He made 5 All-Star games as a Hawk.

• Like 2

Joe spent 7 years here.  Longer than guys like Steve Smith and Dikembe Mutumbo.  How was he not a "real Hawk"?  He made 5 All-Star games as a Hawk.

Because he didn't give a crap about the team or the fans. I know you're his biggest fan but even you can't say that he cared about the fans here. Honestly I would put Deke in that category as well as he's considered himself a Rocket post-retirement. 

• Premium Member

Because he didn't give a crap about the team or the fans. I know you're his biggest fan but even you can't say that he cared about the fans here. Honestly I would put Deke in that category as well as he's considered himself a Rocket post-retirement. 

Deke I can understand.  Joe?  Nah...  He was just quiet.  He had some words about the lack of fan support...something like he didn't care what the fans thought or something, but Joe played his heart out for us.  And he came here to make something happen.  

He made the choice to leave a contender in the West to a lottery team in the East...and he did it while also saying how much he wanted to help this team out.  I got no hate for Joe and he's one of my favorite Hawks behind Nique and Mookie.

I really don't see how you can say he didn't give a crap about the team...

• Like 1