• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - 76ers

lethalweapon3

Phili commentators at their best: "I don´t get why they go under against Teague who can shoot the 3 and don´t go under vs. the guy who can´t shoot the 3, Schröder."

Look at the stats guys, they are pretty similar...though I would go under vs. both, because they are just more dangerous as penetrators and creators.

WHY would coach bud do this after the biggest win of the season? why throw away the very next game like this? i understand resting our starters, but you dont throw away this game like this, right after that game yesterday.  you dont take nothing for granted. you crush  your competition, not throw away games and give other teams confidence like that.........

on a side note, even though the hawks play good on ball defense, the teams with quick guards still give them trouble. go into the playoffs against toronto and take THEM for granted and the hawks gonna be at home watching the rest of the playoffs.......

Edited by atlbenz

I don't care that 3 of our starters sat out but if we lose this will be more embarrassing than the Celtics loss any momentum from yesterdays win also down the drain.

That doesn't make any sense. We have Korver, Milsap, and JYD out. Why would barely losing to the Sixers, on the road, mean anything? If anything, some of us fans have almost gotten used to throwing any lineup out there with the notion that we will win. Other team has to play as well. Besides, with us DOMINATING playoff teams (best record in the NBA against them by far, GSW not even in the top 5), I would safely assume that the team isn't worried about any "momentum loss" against a team that might very well end up with the worst record in the league.

Bud is willing to risk possible home court advantage just so that he an rest 28 year old men for a game here and there.

If the Hawks made the finals against Golden State and lost in a game 7 it would be all Bud's fault. 

That doesn't make any sense. We have Korver, Milsap, and JYD out. Why would barely losing to the Sixers, on the road, mean anything? If anything, some of us fans have almost gotten used to throwing any lineup out there with the notion that we will win. Other team has to play as well. Besides, with us DOMINATING playoff teams (best record in the NBA against them by far, GSW not even in the top 5), I would safely assume that the team isn't worried about any "momentum loss" against a team that might very well end up with the worst record in the league.

Because you have a shot at home court advantage throughout the playoffs. That's why you play your starters.

Sorry, but this has not been a good road team in quite a while.

Bud is willing to risk possible home court advantage just so that he an rest 28 year old men for a game here and there.

If the Hawks made the finals against Golden State and lost in a game 7 it would be all Bud's fault.

Because you have a shot at home court advantage throughout the playoffs. That's why you play your starters.

Sorry, but this has not been a good road team in quite a while.

Would it even matter to you if we made the Finals in the first place?
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

This was a LAME loss. I get making sure guys get rest, but with home court advantage through the FInals at stake, you have to win games against teams that are clearly tanking. GSW is right there with us.This should've been win 50 tonight.

• Like 1

Well..This game dispells that myth that we have too many good bigs on this team!

Elton Brand really needs to retire. Dude wouldn't have signed here 3 years ago and I don't know why we keep him around.

Horford sucked also.

Probably your worst post ever imo

I forgot... We're not supposed to question St. Bud.

Elton Brand really needs to retire. Dude wouldn't have signed here 3 years ago and I don't know why we keep him around.

Horford sucked also.

I forgot... We're not supposed to question St. Bud.

Think big picture...that's all