• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - 76ers

lethalweapon3

How do you know they don't need rest? Why would you presume to know that? This isn't like a guy in your office who just got back from a two week vacation and now wants to take a personal day. This is grueling physical work. Coaches monitor players and make decisions on when to rest them now. The tough it out through injury mentality is a thing of the past with good reason. It produces bad basketball.

• Like 1

I don't have to be on this board to say what I want to say.

Probably not at a bar because losers tend to hang out at bars.

I do think Bud is being a moron for being willing to throw away home court through out the playoffs in order to rest guys that don't need the rest.

"Willingly throwing away games" is BS. They won resting players before. So there's that.

More importantly, they already have homecourt advantage until the NBA FInals secured (not theoretically, but practically). Sure, it would be nice to potentially have home court vs. GS there, too. But a) it is not guarantueed you would get it even if you tried and b) GS still has to come out of the West for this to matter at all.

And I do think that many people underestimate what an 82 game season does to players, physically - even if they play only ~30 minutes per game - and mentally. Especially with the style that Hawks are playing: high energy on O and D, a lot of movement etc.

To call Bud "a moron" is just flat out stupid, sorry. This is a coach who is guiding this franchise to its best record ever, so I do think he knows what he is doing and that he especially deserves the benefit of the doubt.

We can revisit this, when the Hawks lose game 7 of the finals at GS. Then maybe this was a mistake. Until then, you are just talking crap.

Edited by kurupt

I'm sure you are completely different than your forum persona. I don't doubt that. I've mentioned that previously actually that I'm sure you are a decent dude. Truth is I don't know anyone on here "very well". I'm sure most of us could say that. I only know what info I'm given based on the contents of this forum.

I just strongly disagree with what Bud is doing.

Nobody questions when SA does this because they know they can go into the playoffs and they can win on the road against anybody. Nobody knows that to be true of this team. That's the real difference there. 

Bud acts like he has a team that has already won titles. 

How do you know they don't need rest? Why would you presume to know that? This isn't like a guy in your office who just got back from a two week vacation and now wants to take a personal day. This is grueling physical work. Coaches monitor players and make decisions on when to rest them now. The tough it out through injury mentality is a thing of the past with good reason. It produces bad basketball.

They just had nearly 2 weeks of rest.  

Do you think a lack of rest is why Korver's shot is off? He came out firing blanks after having time off.

Smart things are smart, because they are smart and not because they are done by successful people.

Kobe has won rings and still behaves like a complete moron when it comes to teammates and plays pointless hero-ball at the end of games, for example. Just because he has rings doesn´t mean anything he does is smart or right. Just as not having rings means doing smart things is not worth doing them...

Just finished the game on Ballstreams. Can't believe I stayed up until damn near 6 in the morning to watch the Sixers. Can't believe they lost. Oh well. If this loss is on anybody, it's on Bud. He obviously thought we could beat the Sixers without 3 starters. Or he just didn't place much importance in this win. Either way, I think he's earned trust on this one. Can't say I'm stressing over home court advantage over a team (GS State) who, like us, might not even make the finals, but it's a fair concern. Just a little early. 

This was a LAME loss. I get making sure guys get rest, but with home court advantage through the FInals at stake, you have to win games against teams that are clearly tanking. GSW is right there with us.This should've been win 50 tonight.

I love that you are talking finals but I think we should hold off on the finals talk. We will definitely have homecourt through the east which to me is the most important thing!

If the Hawks make it through the east to the finals....trust me we ain't worried about no damn home court it's WIN or WIN no excuses when teams get to the finals...you are battle tested for sure by then. I believe west teams need the homecourt more so than the Hawks at that point...not saying I don't want the Hawks to get it, I just rather them not get injured over the regular season trying to achieve that!

There is no need to rest 3-4 important players in one night with an easy schedule we are going to face until we end the regular season (except one week where we face GSW, OKC, SAS). We will have a lot of days to rest our players.

Anyway that doesn't mean anything, but our teams deserves to be number 1 in the NBA and those losses make it easier for the Western teams...

I would even go as far to argue that Putting Teage and Al in the situation we did last nite makes them more open to injury trying to pull theyre weight and the deadbeat weight of Moose and Jenkins.

I think Bud should rest Teague, DMC, SAP and Horford vs the Kings on Monday. Korver should start just because he didn't make the trip to Philly and needs to get the rust out. Starting lineup should be:

Umlat

Korver

Baze

Scott

Brand

Let the bench guys beat up on the Kings at home. We are on a brutal trip starting Wednesday in Denver. 6 straight roadies I think. If Korver is beat up, rest him on Monday also.

Game 7. Hawks decide to rest Teague, Millsap, and ???

Coach Bud says our team needs to be fresh for next season.

Haha please tell me this was meant to be in green sarcastic font. If not this is a pretty ridiculous assumption to make.

Does anyone here not watch the Spurs? Old or not rest is helpful and can pay dividends down the road. If you've played organized basketball I'm sure you have an idea on the toll 82 games can have on your body - I'm all for good rest leading to the playoffs. This is thinking long term but all you short sighted people want immediate gratification. That's not how you win championships.

If he were doing this in big playoff games ok. But regular season against the Sixers? Give me a break.

• Like 1

what bud is missing is this: THE SPURS HAVE CHAMPIONSHIPS. THE HAWKS HAVE PROVED NOTHING. you get chips, THEN you do these things. on cue, people are clowning the hawks. thats why espn and the networks dont fool with the hawks. BUD gave them a reason last night. nobody cares that he rested his starters, they looking for a reason to clown the hawks and bud gave them one.....ive heard more about this lost to philly, than the win over the cavaliers.....

Edited by atlbenz
  • Like 1

what bud is missing is this: THE SPURS HAVE CHAMPIONSHIPS. THE HAWKS HAVE PROVED NOTHING. you get chips, THEN you do these things. on cue, people are clowning the hawks. thats why espn and the networks dont fool with the hawks. BUD gave them a reason last night. nobody cares that he rested his starters, they looking for a reason to clown the hawks and bud gave them one.....ive heard more about this lost to philly, than the win over the cavaliers.....

Maybe they should rest the players for the rest of the season. Obviously these guys can't handle playing everyday..

It's amazing how teams like LA, Boston and Chicago were able to win titles without the coach having to put his titty in their mouth.

My how far has this league fallen..

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 2

I think Bud should rest Teague, DMC, SAP and Horford vs the Kings on Monday. Korver should start just because he didn't make the trip to Philly and needs to get the rust out. Starting lineup should be:

Umlat

Korver

Baze

Scott

Brand

Let the bench guys beat up on the Kings at home. We are on a brutal trip starting Wednesday in Denver. 6 straight roadies I think. If Korver is beat up, rest him on Monday also.

Can't beat the Philly scrubs but the bench will beat up Cousins?

The smell of arrogance is filling the air around here these days.

Bud did this resting thing a few times already, and if I recall right, the Bud won all these games. So, summa summarum he got the starters a hand and half full of games of rest, while giving up one W, when still being 10 W ahead.

• Like 2