• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Nuggets

lethalweapon3

Well on the positive side, the next time we would have to play Denver at a "mile high" would be in the NBA finals...and that doesn't seem too likely with their record.

I would chalk it up to a hot shooting game by them and the altitude (hard to buckle down on "D" when you are sucking for air).

Hey, that's why the Kenyan dudes win all the marathons but have a very limited impact on the NFL :-)

AGAIN, i dont like the imbalance of the hawks. we are a PURE jumpshooting team. we have no rim protectors. if the shots dont fall, we get into trouble. pero has GOT to go next year. no ifs, ands, or buts. thats the start of correcting our imbalance. our bigs should be able to stretch the floor AND play in the paint when our shots are not falling......

Well, I'm going to start scoreboard watching in the first period. If it looks like they're giving effort.... I'll watch the game.  Otherwise, I'll pass. If the players are going to pick and choose when they want to play hard, I'll pick and choose when I watch them.

Denver was hot early but the Hawks kind of let that deflate them and took themselves out of the game so it's still on them.  Kyle seemed to be the only starter that looked interested.

Props to the bench for at least giving some sort of effort tonight.  We're 2-3 in our last 5 away games, something that is making me a little uneasy.  A win in Phoenix would really be nice and make me feel a little better about this recent trend.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Denver was hot early but the Hawks kind of let that deflate them and took themselves out of the game so it's still on them.  Kyle seemed to be the only starter that looked interested.

Props to the bench for at least giving some sort of effort tonight.  We're 2-3 in our last 5 away games, something that is making me a little uneasy.  A win in Phoenix would really be nice and make me feel a little better about this recent trend.

The NBA has changed.  A few years ago this kind of performance would be real cause for alarm but top to bottom you see almost every team having these types of losses this year.   In my opinion it's because every team is basically a jump shooting now and the 3 ball has become a key component of almost all offenses.  And when the jumpers start falling for a team it doesn't matter who you are.   You can get a big lead.   Of course failing to play good D plays into that but very few teams bring great D 82 games.

• Like 1

It must all be in the grand plan? music.gif

What happened to Scott?

Forward Mike Scott was listed as doubtful on the Hawks injury report Thursday with a left big toe strain. He was joined by guard Dennis Schröder, who is questionable with a right ankle sprain, and guard John Jenkins, who is probable with a left wrist strain.

Edited by RandomFan