• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think that Bud needs to abandon the 2 point guard approach

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

With Dennis and Teague on the floor @ the same time the defense worsens and the floor spacing worsens.  There are no apparent advantages from what I can see with this 2 point guard approach.  Bazemore has definitely earned more playing time anyway.

• Like 1

I'd have to see some stats, I'm on the fence about it. I haven't noticed any spacing problems. Transition is quicker with them both, but defense can be a problem depending on the matchup and strength of Dennis' cover.

Good thing about it is Baze's steady improvement has made numerous things more bearable: Thabo, Shelvin, and Mike injuries, Dennis ankle flares, or lineup experiments. 3 million well-spent that's for damn sure. Every team wishes they could get three point shooting, spirited D, and thunder dunks for that number.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

No need to abandon it all together. It's used in spot minutes. The on ball pressure, pace/speed, the ability to penetrate and kick out and two players who can handle the ball is sometimes needed.

With Dennis and Teague on the floor @ the same time the defense worsens and the floor spacing worsens. There are no apparent advantages from what I can see with this 2 point guard approach. Bazemore has definitely earned more playing time anyway.

No advantages? What about speed and playmaking and beat their defenders off the dribble?

I think Bud starts to test different linups as preparation for the playoffs. There the opponents will ajust from game to game. So Bud needs different lineups and game plans to readjust. So I expect to see some surprises the rest of the RS.

• Like 2

I think Bud starts to test different linups as preparation for the playoffs. There the opponents will ajust from game to game. So Bud needs different lineups and game plans to readjust. So I expect to see some surprises the rest of the RS.

Exactly!  This is solely for the playoffs. The Hawks need to give their opponents something else to think about, and we will need more practice playing small & fast....The playoffs is approaching and we need every edge possible to advance.

I think Bud starts to test different linups as preparation for the playoffs. There the opponents will ajust from game to game. So Bud needs different lineups and game plans to readjust...

So, you're basically saying Bud is one of those "smart guys" eh?  Plans ahead....Hmmmm.  That hasn't been the "Hawks Way" in the past but I guess we may as well give it a try.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

i don't like it but for some strange reason Bud does.  

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Really??? He might be our best wing defenders and is a pretty good rebounder too.

Garbage on offense and kills our offensive flow. The flow of the offense is the most important part. It's like we are playing 4 v. 5 with him on the floor.

• Premium Member

Garbage on offense and kills our offensive flow. The flow of the offense is the most important part. It's like we are playing 4 v. 5 with him on the floor.

So you prefer Mack?..please explain your alternatives?

Edited by Peoriabird

Ww just need to ride the hot hand. Some nights both Teague and Dennis are on and it jist makes sense to playboth down the stretch. Other nights one or both arent on so its not as important to play both. Its definitely an offensive move and rarely is a positive defensive lineup so its a give and take.