• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thabo & Pero Arrested; Thabo OUT FOR SEASON due to injuries

ersimo2889

That's like saying "If he didn´t leave his bed that day, he would't have been hurt, so I blame his decision making."...

^^This...So much this. That is the point you are neglecting to notice Spursfan. It's not his responsibility to bubblewrap himself until gametime.

And it's not being overprotective to point out your logical fallacy regarding this issue.

I totally blame Thabo and Pero, and to be honest, as much as i love what he brings to the Hawks, i would not be disappointed in the Hawks trading him. They could package him and move up in the first round. I say this because im reflecting back to about 4 years ago.  I went to a comedy show in Atlanta that started around 10:30 p.m. The Hawks had played earlier that night, and lost to I think it was Chicago. The club has a v.i.p. section. The emcee for the show was cracking jokes and happened to look over to the v.i.p. section, and guess who was sitting there...............Joe Johnson.

The emcee lit him up. He said: " You just took a shower after the game and came right over didnt you?" " Yall lost, shouldnt you be somewhere working on your game?"  " Highest paid player in the league. " " You can give everybody here $300." The crowd went hysterical laughing at Joe.

The point was made. WINNERS dont do that. I dont care about " players having a personal life", its the perception you are giving fans and the front office. Sometimes, its not the perception, its the reality. How can you be thinking about being the best, if you out in the club at 4 in the morning, with a game to play that SAME DAY????

I say let Thabo go and Pero wouldnt be far behind. The ONE thing that i can say about this current Hawks regime is that they are professional, and they have the Hawks playing like a committed college team that LOVES THE GAME. We dont need more Joe Johnsons. Highly paid players who disappear when championships are on the line........

Edited by lethalweapon3
Merging atlhawks1's topic
  • Like 1

Ever heard of a guy named Michael Jordan? Charles Barkley? Dikembe? Ewing? Rasheed? Paul Pierce? 

These are just a few off the top of my head, but the point stands that this is not something new, nor is it something that is uncommon for pro athletes.

Edited by lethalweapon3

Garbage thread, one starred and someone either needs to delete it or move it to the Thabo/Pero thread. I refuse to see most of your terrible illogical opinions.

Lol, good ole One Star.

Edited by lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

I don't see how the cops get around the video showing the one cop with the baton hitting him on the leg after he was already taken down. Taken down, I might add, when it looked like he was offering no resistance.

I don't see how the cops get around the video showing the one cop with the baton hitting him on the leg after he was already taken down. Taken down, I might add, when it looked like he was offering no resistance.

The police report is also in question as it relates to the timeline as seen on the video. It said Pero grabbed an officer while Thabo was being arrested, isn't Pero already in handcuffs? And I'm still not seeing where Thabo 'charged at an officer.'

All the facts are still not revealed but to this point the police report and video tell two different stories.

so do you believe what your eyes tell you or do you believe the police account.

The video calls into question the sequence of events as reported by the police at least on this point.

I would like to know where Thabo and Pero's first interaction with the police occurred in relation to where they were reported arrested - 100 feet from the crime scene on the opposite side of the road.

Still so many unanswered questions.

• Moderators

Ever heard of a guy named Michael Jordan? Charles Barkley? Dikembe? Ewing? Rasheed? Paul Pierce?

These are just a few off the top of my head, but the point stands that this is not something new, nor is it something that is uncommon for pro athletes.

Almost all of those guys ended up in court, fights or stabbed from that.

• Like 1

The police report is also in question as it relates to the timeline as seen on the video. It said Pero grabbed an officer while Thabo was being arrested, isn't Pero already in handcuffs? And I'm still not seeing where Thabo 'charged at an officer.'

All the facts are still not revealed but to this point the police report and video tell two different stories.

so do you believe what your eyes tell you or do you believe the police account.

The video calls into question the sequence of events as reported by the police at least on this point.

I would like to know where Thabo and Pero's first interaction with the police occurred in relation to where they were reported arrested - 100 feet from the crime scene on the opposite side of the road.

Still so many unanswered questions.

I don't think Pero was already in handcuffs but he's already been subdued and is all but lying flat on his back on the curb.

Also, for those saying the cop hit Thabo with his baton, that's what it looked like to me as well. But a poster on reddit linked me to a YouTube video showing someone demoing a bunch of auto-extending police batons. When they extend all the way, they make the snapping sound you hear in the video. So I don't think he hit Thabo, he was just extending his baton.

That said, it still looks like an obvious overuse of force, but that's just a biased opinion from this Hawks fan who also happens to be a lawyer and who also happens to live in New York City and who also happens to think the NYPD have a bunch of reckless thugs in their midst.

• Like 2

• Moderators

A side baton question. Is it possible that the force of extending the baton, should that baton strike a person upon extension, is sufficient to cause injury? Even without wielding it with the intention to strike?

~lw3

• Premium Member

A side baton question. Is it possible that the force of extending the baton, should that baton strike a person upon extension, is sufficient to cause injury? Even without wielding it with the intention to strike?

~lw3

They have a weighted tip/ball that can break bones and crack skulls, but the baton has to be swung with some force for that to happen. That's why I'm pretty sure he was just extending it. I'm pretty sure he didn't hit him. But the human tug of war followed by the gang tackle was probably what broke Thabo's leg. It was excessive either way. The police report and the video do not match up at all. The fact they were 100 feet away from the crime scene is even more cause for concern.

I swear, if these posters aren't in bed by 10pm then I question their dedication to their employers and dependents. I honestly wonder how they entertain themselves by watching games to begin with instead of preparing theirselves for work.

#notdedicatedtotheircraft

That story sounds a hell of a lot more believable than the nonsense that the piggies cooked up.

*gasp* Do you mean to imply the "official" version of the story was written to minimize any cops' culpability?  Nah, can't be.

• Premium Member

Wow. If this is indeed true, that would mean the police arrested Thabo and Pero for no reason, broke Thabo's leg, and then fabricated the entire police report. They better dismiss the charges while there's still time to make a deal. If Thabo and pero have enough witnesses willing to testify on their behalf that this whole thing was instigated by the police, the NYPD could be liable for damages.

• Like 1