• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who would you prefer to get the minutes bump(A.D. Thabo)

HawkItus

A.D. Thabo  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

Paul Millsap has played precious few minutes at the 3, but with the Hawks' ability to go with Horford/Scott and Antić/Muscala/Brand at the 4/5 spots I'd be inclined to slide Sap to the 3 (when DMC or Kyle Korver sits) and go big.

Korver's help defense and defensive rebounding allows the Hawks to go small as well. When JYD sits, we can shift Kyle to the 3 and go with Jeff/Dennis/Baze/Mack at the 1/2 spots. 82games notes the Hawks are 41-11 in games when Kyle shifts to the three at some point during the game... although several of the better lineups had Thabo at the 2 instead of Baze.

Big or small: just a matter of figuring out the superior matchups.

~lw3

• Like 4

why no Baze an option?

Also guys like Moose and the rest of our bench can come in and play different positions to where Thabo wont have to have one single replacement. Not saying obv that Moose or Pero would be SF or anything but that JJ,Daye, Baze, JJ, Mack could handle a few minutes at a time 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

More minutes for Scott at the 3 spot and more minutes for Bazemore at the 2 spot.  heck even Milsap can take on minutes at the 3 spot.   Just please no extended minutes of Jeff and Dennis @ the 1 & 2 together.  And No way Mack gets any minutes at the 2 position.

• Like 2

Did Nique make this pole(poll)? Jk... No Sheldon, no Shelvin..gimme more Scott and shift Korver to 3 as suggested by lw3 and gimme more Dennis. I dunno what it is and I know there are some defensive critisicms but when Scott is in the game, the Hawks system is flowing.

Blaze gets the bump in minutes, as do the starters. This will be the big opportunity he's been looking for...

• Moderators

Blaze gets the bump in minutes, as do the starters. This will be the big opportunity he's been looking for...

My worry is that he is more effective in limited minutes than extended ones (i.e., that he will get exposed over extended minutes while he wouldn't in a shorter time).  I do hope the extra minutes he has had the last few months with Thabo's injury will help him.

I think we're the most flexible team in the league, Bud just has to do a slight shift and shuffle. Moose's emergence allows Paul to get some run at the 3 in spots since Mike probably can't, and hopefully Jenkins getting a few open looks will fill in the cracks for the loss of Thabo's total plus-minus effect. We're on the strict '14 Spurs plan, everyone down to Daye will get at least one chance at considerable minutes.

I know it was only the Hornets, but the overall defensive havoc and turnovers created looked similar to when he was out there. Everyone just has to make like Thabo and be a little more active with their hands and movement. The home crowd has to be livid at all times, I've witnessed Mike Scott's defensive effort in particular spike in relation to the crowd going nuts. Teague can go Lil Hulk, too.

I admired Blake for calling out his home fans. I don't want Kyle to have to call out ours for any slippage of intensity this postseason. Up 20, we still need the entire crowd chanting "DEFENSE!" It is totally responsible for at least a couple wins in Oracle, the Grindhouse, and finally here.

With all that we should be fine, after I panicked initially. Bud is looking at removing his horrid three point shooting as a plus anyway.

Edited by benhillboy