• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 1 thoughts

Alex

Need to be consistent and play the entire game. The Hawks have had the tendency to let teams back in. On the plus side. Each time the Nets made a run the Hawks answered back. Teague was pretty big down the stretch too. I don't think the game was as close as the final score indicated. Need to cut down on the turnovers and this is a 15 point win. Nevertheless a win is the only thing that matters.

I thought Al was pretty bleh save for a couple moments here and there.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Moose earned minutes.  I know Bud's love affair with Pero will never die but damn, we all witnessed Moose outplay Pero down the stretch.

oh yeah

we won!

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Al? You mean the player with the double-double before being injured and not the guys that hit 2 of 11 shots??

Edited by Peoriabird
  • Like 2

what happens when you only look at box scores ^ 

No, I watched the game.

Sure they got off to a nice start, but they didn't really maintain it. The defense was spotty like it usually is without Thabo. The team only shot 43%. They were lucky they were playing a terrible team. Terrible game... Enless turnovers and bad play.

Kyle was on fire even on defense.

Millsap struggled offensively.

I liked Al's activity in 1st half, not so much in 2nd.

DMC was on point offensively and defensively.

Teague was ice down the stretch.

Dennis was good for the most part. Has to clean up His unforced turnovers. Too many ankle passes to bigs.

Pero hitting shots in the playoffs is a welcomed sight.

Those 4 turnover in 6 possessions when Nets cut it to 3 was the killer.

Would I have liked a blowout? Sure.

But I like the fact that everytime Nets made a run, we held our composure and answered it back.

• Premium Member

Kyle was on fire even on defense.   agreed

Millsap struggled offensively.  Struggled on defense too

I liked Al's activity in 1st half, not so much in 2nd.  Al was hurt in the 2nd half

DMC was on point offensively and defensively.  DMC was abused by Joe Johnson

Teague was ice down the stretch.  Agreed

Dennis was good for the most part. Has to clean up His unforced turnovers. Too many ankle passes to bigs.  Should not play 2 guard ever

Pero hitting shots in the playoffs is a welcomed sight.  Shots??  He hit 2

Would I have liked a blowout? Sure.  Lets face it...We played terribly and would have lost to any other team in the playoffs

But I like the fact that everytime Nets made a run, we held our composure and answered it back.  They suck as a team!

Kyle was on fire even on defense.

Millsap struggled offensively.

I liked Al's activity in 1st half, not so much in 2nd.

DMC was on point offensively and defensively.

Teague was ice down the stretch.

Dennis was good for the most part. Has to clean up His unforced turnovers. Too many ankle passes to bigs.

Pero hitting shots in the playoffs is a welcomed sight.

Would I have liked a blowout? Sure.

But I like the fact that everytime Nets made a run, we held our composure and answered it back.

I'm not going to be too hard on Dennis because he is young and inexperienced. 

Millsap did not look good on the offensive end at all.

Hawks won handily, up 1-0, and the game never really got close. The rebounding is by design. SMFH at "The Miserable Ones" just looking for something to bitch about. The miserable lives some of these peeps lead to react like this after a SEVEN point win in the playoffs perplexes me. Historic season, Hawks will sweep, MIGHT lose 1, and still some complain. Nuckin' futz O.o

Edited by hazer
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

Hawks won handily, up 1-0, and the game never really got close. The rebounding is by design. SMFH at "The Miserable Ones" just looking for something to bitch about, the miserable lives some of these peeps lead to react like this perplexes me. Historic season, Hawks will sweep, MIGHT lose 1, and still some complain. Nuckin' futz O.o

rose-colored-glasses-dog.jpg

It was like a 4 point game in the 4th. It was close.

You realize the ALMIGHTY Cavs were DOWN double digits to the Celts before they pulled it out, right? I don't think the sky's falling over there...

• Like 2

Yeah, cause a double/double in the playoffs against one of the best centers in the East, not even playing the entire game, is real bleh. GTMFOH...

Edited by hazer
  • Like 3