• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 1 thoughts

Alex

• Premium Member

But that doesn't mean that there isn't any cause for concern. First of all, Millsap is still hurting with his shoulder. If this was February and not April, he'd likely still be on the shelf. Hopefully, he can play through the pain and become effective once again.

If this is the case and we don't know this for sure, why didn't Muscala play at all since he would have been a better match against Brooklyn's size?

• Premium Member

Then why bother watching sports at all? If it cannot bring you any joy, then don't tune in.

At what point did I say I found no joy in watching the Hawks?  If that were the case, i wouldn't have watched 90% of the games over the past 30 years.  I watched the game with my kids and at times, we were all dancing and screaming in the living room - especially on those late clutch shots (and pretty much any time Korver hit a 3).  I enjoyed the game and I'm happy we won.  

I am not happy with the way we won and I'm concerned about playing that way vs. better teams.

• Like 3

@Dejay

Excellent post. Saved me a lot of typing and addressed the points I was going to make. Lopez rebounding like that is most irritating, because he isn't a great rebounding big man like that.

With Millsap nowhere near 100%, I'd like to see Horford look for his shot more, while Millsap plays "garbage man" and try to score via offensive rebound putbacks.

• Premium Member

At what point did I say I found no joy in watching the Hawks?  If that were the case, i wouldn't have watched 90% of the games over the past 30 years.  I watched the game with my kids and at times, we were all dancing and screaming in the living room - especially on those late clutch shots (and pretty much any time Korver hit a 3).  I enjoyed the game and I'm happy we won.  

I am not happy with the way we won and I'm concerned about playing that way vs. better teams.

That is the thing some don't get.  Even Teague said as much.  That was not championship ball yesterday especially considering the Hawks are a #1 playing a #8.  They better play more fluid on offense or this dream season will come an ugly end soon.

I'm pretty sure this is how the Celtics board lit up when we played them to seven games a few years ago. 

For me a win is a win and we need 27 15 more to reach the promise land. GO HAWKS!

Edited by AHF

That's all I'm saying, North. I know the team won and they were supposed to. But we have to look at it from a long-term perspective. Our team is no longer the cute 'little engine that could' 6-8th seed anymore. There is some cause for concern, especially when you look at health, rebounding, and unforced turnovers. If we could see these things from our seats in the stands and at home, I have no doubt that Bud and company were not a happy bunch coming out of that film session today.

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure this is how the Celtics board lit up when we played them to seven games a few years ago.

For me a win is a win and we need 15 more to reach the promise land. GO HAWKS!

Fixed it early for you before the rest of the patrol come storming the castle...

• Like 1

• Moderators

Honestly I'm only disappointed that Teague didn't do more to take over the game toward the end.   He made some clutch plays when he had to but he wasn't dominating at the end like i think he could've.   We weren't wire to wire dominating but being in the arena I never had a doubt that we would win.  

I have to say I really hated all the Joe booing. He has been a good Hawk for many years (probably one of the best ever, sad to say). Sure he was overpaid but what was he supposed to do, say no to money? I think this makes our fan base look bad.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I have to say I really hated all the Joe booing. He has been a good Hawk for many years (probably one of the best ever, sad to say). Sure he was overpaid but what was he supposed to do, say no to money? I think this makes our fan base look bad.

I get that but I'd much rather our crowd be loud, proud and all-Hawks than worry about us booing Joe.  I agree with your sentiment that he didn't do anything wrong and there is no real reason to go after him but if that is part of our fan base getting active and going after the best opponent on every team then so be it!

I don't think it was personal but more so to get under his skin. This is the playoffs, we're not trying to be his friend.

• Moderators

The crowd was awesome.  Best Hawks atmosphere i've ever been to.   People are pumped up about this team.   I'm not one to boo a guy who was traded and never really said anything bad about the hawks.    And I didn't like him that much when he was here.   But booing a guy like Joe isn't classy to me and has the added downside of giving him some additional motivation.   

• Like 2

• Premium Member

The crowd was awesome. Best Hawks atmosphere i've ever been to. People are pumped up about this team. I'm not one to boo a guy who was traded and never really said anything bad about the hawks. And I didn't like him that much when he was here. But booing a guy like Joe isn't classy to me and has the added downside of giving him some additional motivation.

I did feel a little bad for Joe, he did do a lot for our franchise. He played all star basketball for us but he didn't really do much to embrace the city and the fans while he was here so I get the booing. It would be amazing to play Houston in the finals just to see what type of reaction Josh, Dwight and Terry would get from our crowd.

• Premium Member

I thought it was pretty dumb.  Joe was traded so why in the hell is anyone booing him.  Save the silly booing for the man who paired him with this list of PGs

Mike Bibby

Speedy Claxton

Royal Ivey

Anthony Johnson

Tyronn Lue,

Kirk Hinrich

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 4

LOL at DMC getting abused by Joe? Demarre not only forced Joe into an all too familiar sub par postseason performance but Demarre had as many points, more 3s, as many free throws, more rebounds than Joe while taking 5 fewer shots and playing 8 less minutes than the 6 time all star. Who abused Who? (or whom, i don't know).

Whom. Lol.

Don't get me started (again) on the guy who thought he could be a point guard while passing on two All-Star point guards in the draft. I think a third of all my posts on this forum has been dedicated to deriding the 'residential basketball expert'...

The biggest knock on the Nets all season has been their unfocused and uninspired play. The playoff atmosphere will cure of some those ills. They're going to play a lot better than their record indicates. That's not to say the Hawks shouldn't win in 4 or 5, but they're going to have to work for it. Especially if Millsap can only play at 70% or whatever.

I did feel a little bad for Joe, he did do a lot for our franchise. He played all star basketball for us but he didn't really do much to embrace the city and the fans while he was here so I get the booing. It would be amazing to play Houston in the finals just to see what type of reaction Josh, Dwight and Terry would get from our crowd.

That would be beyond delicious. As much as they rode Osh earlier this season, can you imagine what the crowd would do with him (especially after his postgame comments) AND Dwight (who never wanted to play here) for an entire series? ABC had better have the dump-button guys on their game to keep the four-letter bombs from being dropped on the air...