• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Nets GAME 2 (note: 7 PM Eastern tip!)

lethalweapon3

Nets have played hard - give them credit.  Still they are 0 and 2.

I think we are just getting things wired coming off minor-ish injuries.  We should be fine.  If by some chance they win the two games at their place we still have the home-court advantage.

I would expect two close games at NJNs and hopefully we win one and close em out 4-1.

Winning this game was key...and we won.

P.S. - if I'm not mistaken - they have not beaten us once this year - either place.

-

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Fave moment was when Pero FINALLY dunked that ball after he flubbed the layups earlier in the first half... and slapped the backboard! lol Missed the And-1 FT but who cares? Throw it down, old man, throw it DOWN!

Also when Ryan Cameron VERY quickly intro'd Lenny Wilkens before mentioning Fratello. Poor Lenny! Even Ryan knows folks got long memories.

I also nominate Jarrett Jack for GT head coach, immediately! Make Thad his assistant!

Gritty effort by Al & Paul! Did just enough to give us that winning cushion!

No Sleep Till!

~lw3

• Like 2

Fave moment was when Pero FINALLY dunked that ball after he flubbed the layups earlier in the first half... and slapped the backboard! lol Missed the And-1 FT but who cares? Throw it down, old man, throw it DOWN!

Also when Ryan Cameron VERY quickly intro'd Lenny Wilkens before mentioning Fratello. Poor Lenny! Even Ryan knows folks got long memories.

I also nominate Jarrett Jack for GT head coach, immediately! Make Thad his assistant!

Gritty effort by Al & Paul! Did just enough to give us that winning cushion!

No Sleep Till!

~lw3

Lol William Walton's throw it down...a classic novel..ouch my head hurts from Booz

• Premium Member

I've heard good things about Hakeem's big man summer camp.  Anyone knows of a bunny camp we can get Teague in over the summer.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

Anybody that is stuck watching this game on NBA TV like me--I feel your pain. Might as well be watching a Nets broadcast.

I didn't listen to it but I think that was the Nets broadcasting team so that's why it would sound like that.

I've heard good things about Hakeem's big man summer camp.  Anyone knows of a bunny camp we can get Teague in over the summer.

It seems like whenever another player shakes someone they always make the shot. Kawhi on Redick last night for instance. For Teague it's almost a guaranteed miss. 

My heart was pounding

Refs missed so many calls its not funny ... Horrible ... Cuban would be calling for their heads if it was against Dallas

Bench really let us down in the first half

Two point guard lineup is not working

Frustrating when dennis gets in his ISO mode ... He stands dribbling ball and then takes a bad shot ... I don't miss Ty Lue ... Please stop that.

We are so effective when moving the ball around ... We need to keep doing that.

Mack needs to just be a spectator

Pero played well

Al was awesome and it was good to see Paul put it together

Jack was on fire ... Can't let that continue

Lopez is a baby and dirty ...

Two wins ... Let's get number three

Dennis had a +/- of 0. Took over a single digit lead, which got to a double digit lead under him, and then melted away soon. Then build a double digit lead when he was subbed back in again, which was blown under Teague. Just stating the facts...If he had played 38 minutes(*:)) instead of 19, he would have had(*:)) 24 points, 12 assists, 4 steals, on 2 TO's. Not bad for someone new to being relevant in playoff basketball. That said he's 50-40-100 this young series, so bad shot or not, hes making them.

The only real thing bothering me was Jarret Jack scoring. And that was really bothersome. But then again, he scored on everybody last night...

We all knew Jack would be the sparkplug. With Deron only scoring 2 (lol), that's huge advantage Hawks PGs.

I went to the game at the last minute, but my equilibrium was off because I was so far from my usual seats. Kyle always gets the crowd going of course, but from my vantage point Pero's run in the third quarter was key.

He easily boxes out Lopez and draws fouls on Plumlee. Love how Bud hacked Plumlee (hilariously with Elton) to get him out of the game immediately during that time as well. His length and athleticism could really hurt us worse than we have been on the glass, to shave 8 minutes off his average and limIt Hollins' options while tiring his front line is big.

Edited by benhillboy

Dennis had a +/- of 0. Took over a single digit lead, which got to a double digit lead under him, and then melted away soon. Then build a double digit lead when he was subbed back in again, which was blown under Teague. Just stating the facts...If he had played 38 minutes(*smile3.gif) instead of 19, he would have had(*smile3.gif) 24 points, 12 assists, 4 steals, on 2 TO's. Not bad for someone new to being relevant in playoff basketball. That said he's 50-40-100 this young series, so bad shot or not, hes making them.

The only real thing bothering me was Jarret Jack scoring. And that was really bothersome. But then again, he scored on everybody last night...

Jack may have went for 40 if Dennis played 38 last night.  Dennis made a few inexcusable mistakes when guarding Jack in the 2nd half.  A lazy swipe and overplay at the ball near halfcourt which led to Jack screaming down the lane for a wide open layup.  Leaving Jack wide open to double down on a non-threat and Jack drills the easy 3.

I liked what I saw from Dennis offensively. 

Edited by JETSET

Thing is Dennis is a little light in the shorts to guard Jack one on one. Even Teague had issues guarding him.

Jack is ALWAYS looking to score the ball not run the offense and pass. I think the team as a whole did a better job of help defense on Jack in the 2nd Half. Force Jack to become more of a distributor he's not very good at it. He had 4 TOs.

1st Q: 3-3

2nd Q: 4-6

3rd Q: 0-0

4th Q: 2-4

That is Jack shot chart. 9 shots in 1st Half for 18 points, 4 shots in the 2nd for 5 points.

I read somewhere Nyets might start Jack, don't know how credible that is though.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I didn't listen to it but I think that was the Nets broadcasting team so that's why it would sound like that.

That is awful. I knew Fratello called games for the Nets but I didn't think they would let his partner call a playoff game with him. I haven't listened to the other NBA TV broadcasts, is this the norm so far?

I do not understand the schedule for us. Why in the hell do we need this much rest? I feel like Nets and Hawks are getting the most rest at all of the teams are playing. I swear these NBA playoffs schedules are the worst of all sports. 

Thing is Dennis is a little light in the shorts to guard Jack one on one. Even Teague had issues guarding him.

Jack is ALWAYS looking to score the ball not run the offense and pass. I think the team as a whole did a better job of help defense on Jack in the 2nd Half. Force Jack to become more of a distributor he's not very good at it. He had 4 TOs.

1st Q: 3-3

2nd Q: 4-6

3rd Q: 0-0

4th Q: 2-4

That is Jack shot chart. 9 shots in 1st Half for 18 points, 4 shots in the 2nd for 5 points.

I read somewhere Nyets might start Jack, don't know how credible that is though.

1000 times this. Adding to that is that hugely overpowering PG's have shown to be Dennis's cryptonite in other games. Dennis showed some mistakes, but other shots where just huge by Jack. Jack is playing above himself. Still, Dennis is able to even the score and get that +/- 0 and do his own damage. So what do the Nets still have left besides the Jack weapon?

I do not understand the schedule for us. Why in the hell do we need this much rest? I feel like Nets and Hawks are getting the most rest at all of the teams are playing. I swear these NBA playoffs schedules are the worst of all sports.

Oh there's a simple explanation for it. The NBA hates us and wants to give Crooklyn every possible chance to scheme against us with extended periods of time to do so. Oh, and the Thabo thing was no coincidence.

Oh there's a simple explanation for it. The NBA hates us and wants to give Crooklyn every possible chance to scheme against us with extended periods of time to do so. Oh, and the Thabo thing was no coincidence.

Haha it definitely feels that way! NBA is like the military; nothing they ever do makes sense to me. to_keep_order.gif

Why wouldn't you want Al and Paul to have more time for their injuries to heal? More time for the players to heal and without having to miss any games.

Edited by Hotlanta1981