• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This was a good loss

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

We don't have the killer mentality to put teams away after the all star break like we did in the first half of the season. Kyle did not show up yesterday and we have to have his shot since we are a 3 point based shooting team. Brooklyn wanted it more and whipped our ass. I get tired of hearing about the refs, you really thing the refs come into the game wanting the Hawks or Nets to lose? Lopez dominated Horf yesterday also.

Man, maybe that line of thinking is WHY Atlanta hasnt had success as a sports city. This is the playoffs. You are the number 1 seed with 60 wins and have never been to the eastern conference finals, much less the nba finals. If they need any more motivation than that , then they dont deserve a championship run. Meanwhile, Golden State over in the West CRUSHING their 8 seed opponent, like a true championship caliber team will do.

Maybe, but look at what else is going on. We didn't get blown out yesterday, we lost a game that was winnable if we hit some easy shots. I can't tell you why we're struggling offensively, but it's not because of the Nets defense.

From what I've seen, we are the superior team. We just had a nightmare stretch where nothing would go in. I'm not making excuses for the loss, or our poor play in this series in general, but we can play better and I think we will.

• Premium Member

???  The Nets Shot 38%

I made a copy of the game and went back and watched it. Yeah they missed shots, but they drove into the heart of the defense over and over for Lopez lay ups. If we had just played some defense on the perimeter we would have won the game.

I will stay with my statement that we did not play defense.

• Premium Member

I made a copy of the game and went back and watched it. Yeah they missed shots, but they drove into the heart of the defense over and over for Lopez lay ups. If we had just played some defense on the perimeter we would have won the game.

I will stay with my statement that we did not play defense.

Not only did we limit them to 38% shooting but we had 11 steals and 5 block shots.  I don't know what your expectations are but those are pretty good numbers and certainly aren't the reason we lost.

Hopefully this was the wakeup call the Hawks need.  They haven't played a great game yet in the playoffs and it should be very clear that the refs aren't going to give them any calls whether its home or away.  

Agree with this from the standpoint of forcing us to tighten up.  Clinching so early was a curse in disguise because we haven't played a meaningful game since that last CLE game.

This is actually a series we can win without playing 4 "A"-games.  Not saying we WILL, but I truly believe we CAN.  Mainly because the Neds haven't played 4 good games in any 7-game stretch this season.

However, we're not beating anyone else in the playoffs with this sleep-walky style we've been playing.  Hopefully this is a wake-up call and a call to action.

• Premium Member

oh well.... i guess my theory has been proven false

nothing to see here folks.  

GONE GIT!!!!