• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This was a good loss

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

I was thinking the same thing and I'd rather it happen now in the first round.  They're going to win the series, but this might just be the wake up call they need.  They have to know that this kind of play is not going to cut it if they expect to reach the ECF's.

• Like 2

They aren't Milwaukee or New Orleans who have basically zero playoff experience or veteran leadership.

Give me a break.

• Premium Member

They aren't Milwaukee or New Orleans who have basically zero playoff experience or veteran leadership.

Give me a break.

This is not the bs BK team from early in the regular season.  I'm as guilty as anyone of underestimating this team.  I was disappointed with the Hawks performance after the game 1 win until someone on the board pointed out ,on another thread, how much BK has improved since they acquired Thaddeus Young.  

Losing games isn't really a problem. We all know what happened when a crappy Hawks team went up against the great world champion Celtics. It's the way you lose that's a cause for concern. They just don't look very inspired so far and today was particularly bad with the absurdly poor shooting and uncharacteristic butterfingers.

I'm worried Horford and Sap are being hampered by injuries that won't soon go away. We're at our best when Horford's sinking that midrange shot and that hasn't been happening. Millsap seems to be relying too much on lazy drives where he just tosses the ball at the rim, though he did put in a long of work with 17 boards and 5 steals. It doesn't help that Lopez/Young are probably the biggest matchup problem for us in the East. Maybe second to a healthy Gasol/Noah.

If they don't come out and play well Monday then we'll probably have a 7-game grinder on our hands. Bud needs to get this machine working again. And the team needs to make their damn layups. 

• Premium Member

Whole lotta highly questionable whistle-swallows this game, didn't you think?

I was happy to see Cuban making some noise about the same kind of thing in his series b/c I know no one associated with the Hawks are going to say anything like that.

• Like 2

Whole lotta highly questionable whistle-swallows this game, didn't you think?

I was happy to see Cuban making some noise about the same kind of thing in his series b/c I know no one associated with the Hawks are going to say anything like that.

Yea, the Nets seemed to have come out with the clear intention of being physical. The Hawks seemed to have said "fine, we'll muddy the waters too" but for some odd reason were getting called on everything that wasn't getting called on the other side.
  • Like 1

how is a PLAYOFF lost a good lost?????????? if joe johnson or deron williams find their jump shot, and you combine that with what lopez is doing, they can beat the hawks..........

We needed a kick start and this loss may be it. We can all at least acknowledge that this team is capable of playing better than it did today. While key players are injured, we should still be able to play at higher energy level. We've played pretty terribly by our standards, yet we're up 2-1 in the series. We are better than Brooklyn but we need to start playing at a higher level if we want to go far in the playoffs.
  • Like 1

We needed a kick start and this loss may be it. We can all at least acknowledge that this team is capable of playing better than it did today. While key players are injured, we should still be able to play at higher energy level. We've played pretty terribly by our standards, yet we're up 2-1 in the series. We are better than Brooklyn but we need to start playing at a higher level if we want to go far in the playoffs.

Man, maybe that line of thinking is WHY Atlanta hasnt had success as a sports city. This is the playoffs. You are the number 1 seed with 60 wins and have never been to the eastern conference finals, much less the nba finals. If they need any more motivation than that , then they dont deserve a championship run. Meanwhile, Golden State over in the West CRUSHING their 8 seed opponent, like a true championship caliber team will do.

Edited by atlhawks1
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

this whole series has been a little lop sided with the whistle. The bigger team is allowed to play more physically than the smaller team that has the leagues least number of fouls - why now ??

Because the league wanted a New York team in the playoffs and now that they're there, they will help them.