• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stars normally have to win playoff road games

TheNorthCydeRises

And that's the reason why tonight's game is all about the play of Millsap, Horford and Teague. And I say the emphasis is on Horford and Teague in particular

Teague definitely has to play better on both ends of the floor. The length of Lopez and specifically Young is bothering him, when he drives to the hole. I'd personally like him to utilize more of the 15 foot midrange jumper if he feels he can't get a clean look at a lay up. Another thing he could do is more drive and kick action, to possibly get guys better looks.

But I think the real guy that needs to come up big, is Al Horford. No more soft play out of him. If your jumper isn't falling, then get active on the offensive boards and get some put backs. Size your man up at the FT line and take him off the dribble, like you used to do 4 - 5 years ago. Even make it a point to post up smaller defenders when they're on you.

People talk about Playoff Teague. We'll I personally want to see Playoff Horford ( or at least the birth of it ). Star players normally have to come up big on the road, in order to get playoff road wins. It's time for you to step up Al, and show this league that you can be more than just a good all-around player. I want to see STARDOM tonight.

25 pts - 14 rebs - 6 asst shouldn't be out of the question for Al tonight. Carry your team dude.

On point @TheNorthCydeRises. Al doesn't have to settle for the jumper in the PnR with Teague, drive the ball and either look for shot or pass.

We have been lacking ball and player movement. And Al, for the love of all that's holy, catch the ball and GO. Stop jabbing and waiting for the defense.

And can we please have some MORE ball AND player movement.

AND STOP MISSING BUNNIES - USE THE GLASS! !!

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I'd like to see more Elton in guarding Lopez.   Elton will get after him and make him feel it.   Even if it's 5-10 minutes i think that will help Al out.   

I'd like to see Elton get in his head.  Lopez can be overly zealous at times and if Brand gave him some of his own medicine it could disrupt his focus. 

On offense we have to hit shots.  Period.

• Like 1

Al historically never has big games in the playoffs or even regular season points wise does he? Just seems like he rarely even gets to 25 but when he has a good game fluctuates in the 17-22 range.  

Side note Korver goes off for 30 points 10/10 from 3 and dunks over Brook Lopez tonight

Edited by bobrathbun4pres

• Moderators

Al historically never has big games in the playoffs or even regular season points wise does he? Just seems like he rarely even gets to 25 but when he has a good game fluctuates in the 17-22 range.  

Side note Korver goes off for 30 points 10/10 from 3 and dunks over Brook Lopez tonight

That would be 32 points.  

• Like 4

• Admin

We have a non star system and that works ... basically anyone can have the big game ... I don't care who it is as long as we come out with the win.  Guys just need to play better and play the system ... stop the standing around and playing the Ty Lue pound the ball and then take a bad shot.  Hustle on D and play like you care and find a way to get Korver some shots.  

Playing that passing game we do so well.  

• Premium Member

I have a feeling tonight we'll witness the ressurgence of Teague. I'm sure coach Bud had a whole lot to say to some guys after last game, but it all starts and ends with Teague. Having said that, it's imperative that the other guys do what they're suppsed to do. Movement. Crisp passing. Dead-eye shooting.

GO HAWKS! Let's do it!

I don't know what we'll see but as the #1 seed, I feel like it's gut check time. No need to overreact off one game. At the same time, a team that can win it all should look energized and focused tonight. God forbid, we lose, this team needs to leave it all out there and focus. 

Edited by BackForThe2ndTime

I'd like to see more Elton in guarding Lopez.   Elton will get after him and make him feel it.   Even if it's 5-10 minutes i think that will help Al out.   

I don't see why Elton shouldn't see more minutes especially when we face true big men which neither Horford or Antić have the abilities to stop.  We seriously won't miss much on either end with Elton replacing Antić. 

We have a non star system and that works ... basically anyone can have the big game ... I don't care who it is as long as we come out with the win.  Guys just need to play better and play the system ... stop the standing around and playing the Ty Lue pound the ball and then take a bad shot.  Hustle on D and play like you care and find a way to get Korver some shots.  

Playing that passing game we do so well.

The Spurs have the same non star system. Yet you routinely see one of their guys having huge games in the playoffs. Leonard went for 32 points. Duncan turned back the clock in Game 2 and went for 28 pts 11 rebs 4 assists.

Minutes normally increase in the playoffs for starters. So if Bud chooses to increase Horford's minutes, I expect a big game out of him.

And that's the reason why tonight's game is all about the play of Millsap, Horford and Teague. And I say the emphasis is on Horford and Teague in particular

Teague definitely has to play better on both ends of the floor. The length of Lopez and specifically Young is bothering him, when he drives to the hole. I'd personally like him to utilize more of the 15 foot midrange jumper if he feels he can't get a clean look at a lay up. Another thing he could do is more drive and kick action, to possibly get guys better looks.

But I think the real guy that needs to come up big, is Al Horford. No more soft play out of him. If your jumper isn't falling, then get active on the offensive boards and get some put backs. Size your man up at the FT line and take him off the dribble, like you used to do 4 - 5 years ago. Even make it a point to post up smaller defenders when they're on you.

People talk about Playoff Teague. We'll I personally want to see Playoff Horford ( or at least the birth of it ). Star players normally have to come up big on the road, in order to get playoff road wins. It's time for you to step up Al, and show this league that you can be more than just a good all-around player. I want to see STARDOM tonight.

25 pts - 14 rebs - 6 asst shouldn't be out of the question for Al tonight. Carry your team dude.

I was actually having this same discussion about the Hawks with a coworker before the playoffs. It's great that we have a great team, but when our bench players, or secondary players are struggling, who do we go to?  Unfortunately, our stars are not really great stars, but good players....and it's killing our playoff dream..

Not sure how this series will turn out

Edited by wolvetigers

Teague tried to step up in the 4th quarter, but missed some critical FTs.

Bud was trusting Pero, and scared to keep Horford in the game with foul trouble.

Kyle nutted up in crunch time and couldn't get anything to fall.

Demarre hardly even touched the ball in the 2nd half.

AND Millsap was Millsap ... very good, just not outstanding when we needed him to be.

We're going to need one of these guys to be a superstar when we go back to Brooklyn in Game 6. Because if we let this go 7 games, it may be curtains for the Hawks.