• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Nets GAME 5 (7 PM Eastern Tip!)

lethalweapon3

Here's the tale of the series so far.

Game 5:

Hawks starters scored 91 Brk's scored 56

Brk bench scored 41 Hawks scored 16.

We have to get better production out of our bench if we are going to the Finals.  Oh Thabo, how I miss you dearly.

I don't think it's Thabo's absence that's effected the bench's production.  It's been the spotlight being too big (mainly Dennis, Bazemore and surprisingly Scott).  I hope a byproduct of this long series is that they'll get their sea legs under them.

• Premium Member

Great win last night. Every time Pero actually hits a three it is kinda like Moses parting the Red Sea. You know he could do it but still...when it happens, you still feel a a little shocked.

Now we need to close this thing out. No more letting Jack and Anderson go off with not enough defense in their face.

• Like 4

I don't think it's Thabo's absence that's effected the bench's production.  It's been the spotlight being too big (mainly Dennis, Bazemore and surprisingly Scott).  I hope a byproduct of this long series is that they'll get their sea legs under them.

I'm not saying that they forgot how to play because Thabo isn't there.  I'm saying Thabo would give us another reliable player.  Thabo probably has the most playoff experience out of every one on the team and he is our best defender.  He is our 6th starter.  Now we have 5 starting level players with a bunch of backups.

Bazemore needs to forget about shooting 3's and just fill the break, play defense.  In Bazemore's past 11 games (dating back to the regular season), he is 1-25 from behind the arc...........................

1 - 25? Good Lord.

Pero went 3 - 25 in last year's playoffs, so Baze definitely needs to stop jacking from 3, and take shots he can actually make.

1 - 25? Good Lord.

Pero went 3 - 25 in last year's playoffs, so Baze definitely needs to stop jacking from 3, and take shots he can actually make.

@TheNorthCydeRises, you called it on Al and Teague having to play like Allstars.

We talked about Al not just settling for the jumper on the PnR but rather taking it to the basket. Good adjustment on that catching on the move going to the basket, Lopez can't stay with him. Good to see Al's midrange stroke come back.

Loved Al's activity in the 4th.

Now - can he and Teague bottle this and unleash it next game and let's wrap this up?

We're very undersized compared to Brooklyn, but the guys are now +6 on the boards for the series. That was our main issue all season, glad to see Bud allowing them to hit the offensive glass more, Kyle and Al always kill the defensive glass in crunch time: Wes Unseld two-hand style at the highest point.

It's a back-breaker to have one one the best rebounding 2 guards late who is also automatic from the line. Clearly this team was assembled with late game situations in mind, they've been fantastic all year.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

We're very undersized compared to Brooklyn, but the guys are now +6 on the boards for the series. That was our main issue all season, glad to see Bud allowing them to hit the offensive glass more, Kyle and Al always kill the defensive glass in crunch time: Wes Unseld two-hand style at the highest point.

Is it me or does Al look like the rebounding monster that he use to be before his injuries?

Positive post= Jumping on the bandwagon

Critical post= Debbie Downer that can't enjoy anything

No post= Haters only post when the team losses

Today I learned that calling a sixty win team "a bunch of bums", "frauds", etc. is simply being critical and not hating.

http://media.giphy.com/media/13RwFNcgzFMZXi/giphy.gif

Or can they get a little help from Millsap??

I see Teague and Al as the 2 headed monster of this team. Teague to push the tempo and keep up the pace and Al to play big and be active inside.

The last 2 drives by Teague in the paint is what I wished he had done in game 4 instead of passing out to Millsap at the 3 point line.

• Premium Member

The last 2 drives by Teague in the paint is what I wished he had done in game 4 instead of passing out to Millsap at the 3 point line.

@JayBirdHawk Just curious..Where do you think that play is coming from?  Is the IsoMillsap call coming from the bench or do the players decide to defer to Millsap in crunch time?

Edited by Peoriabird

@JayBirdHawk Just curious..Where do you think that play is coming from?  Is the IsoMillsap call coming from the bench or do the players decide to defer to Millsap in crunch time?

@Peoriabird  At the All-star game interview Teague said they have about 5 set plays and from that it's read and react based on the defense.  That's why ball and player movement is important.

For instance, the last regular season game against Brooklyn, the play call was for Korver.  He realized that Brook left Al Kyle passed to Al for an easy dunk.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I feel asleep and I didn't wake up until late in the 3rd. It appears the Hawks led for most of the game, but it sure got uneasy for a time in that 4th period.

Teague and Al played tough down the stretch. Once again the role players kept Brooklyn in the game in the 4th.

Agree about Teague and Al, but what in the world were you doing sleeping during our biggest game of the year?