• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The official I F*cking hate Paul Pierce thread

I know this thread isn't going to go away soon because everybody hates Paul but I wish he would. Dude has played long enough in the NBA and left his stain on it. Side fact: he is the most unathletic looking player to play in the NBA.

Even as a casual fan I would think you'd be aware as to why a lot of fans don't like Paul. I feel like that's a general consensus talking with friends and other people about the NBA. I couldn't stand him as a player before and can't stand him even more now after the Hawks encounters with him.

Honestly, this could be our last chance to beat Pierce. Who knows it we will ever face him in the playoffs again. Please let's send him home. For all those Celtic years they sent us home. Pierce honestly should not be able to compete right now. DMC needs to lock him completely down.

I'm sorry but it's not a Paula Pierce hate party 'til these show up ...

tumblr_me8j3est6g1qcmnsoo1_r1_400.gif

tumblr_me8j3est6g1qcmnsoo2_400.gif

@Spursfanpeacemaker the Pierce hate comes from a lot of little incidents that you wouldn't be aware of not having been around very long.  Me personally, he's always rubbed me the wrong way with his cocky attitude.  He's always been a good player but, let's be honest, prior to (the fake) KG arriving in Boston Pierce hadn't really won anything.  He was the black Kevin Love basically.  Yet he carries himself as if KG didn't save him from being a guy stacking longevity stats.

Had it been any franchise other than the hallowed Celtics his rep wouldn't be what it is today.  On top of that admittedly biased account, his fake-a** tough guy demeanor is so contrived it's beyond ridiculous.  The "gang sign" stuff just put it over the top.  He and Horford "got into it" during our '08 series and he throws the blood's gang sign as he walked off the court as if anyone believes he's part of a gang.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/02/sports/basketball/02pierce.html?_r=0

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/04/30/pierces_message_still_isnt_clear/

Long story long, we can't stand Paula.  If he ever donned a Hawks uniform I'd truly reevaluate my fanhood.

Ahh i see, Thanks!

Problem is he thrives on it

Exactly. He`s like Vigo the Carpathian of Moldavia (for you Ghostbusters 2 fans out there). He feeds on the negativity of others around him. We need to spray some ectoplasm on the Big Chicken and get the positivity of Atlanta Hawks fans to bring it to life, ride it down to Philips, and stomp Paul Pierce`s a$$ .... Amiright?!? (Sorry, just saw that movie with my son. Really struck a chord i guess.)

Exactly. He`s like Vigo the Carpathian of Moldavia (for you Ghostbusters 2 fans out there). He feeds on the negativity of others around him. We need to spray some ectoplasm on the Big Chicken and get the positivity of Atlanta Hawks fans to bring it to life, ride it down to Philips, and stomp Paul Pierce`s a$$ .... Amiright?!? (Sorry, just saw that movie with my son. Really struck a chord i guess.)

English please...:-/

English please...:-/

Really? You of all people? I expected better.

Surely you remember the Ghostbuster 2 flick where the bad guy (Vigo, our PP here) is getting all of his energy from the negative NYers, but then at the end (spoiler alert 2.5 decades late!) the Ghostbusters spray some goo on the Statue of Liberty (our Big Chicken) and get it walking down the street jamming to some good ol' rock-n'roll and the positivity of the NYers at that point is too much for the evil bad guy to handle.

Whatever. I realize now that I took this too far in my first post and because of Spudz I'm sounding even crazier ... so, bye.

• Like 1

SMH. I'm mad at myself for even knowing what you're talking about.

So what "positive" song could the fans in Philips start to sing, to bring the positive vibe that could kill Paul?

Real talk though, Paul is the most dangerous crunch time player in this series. Even tonight he hit 5 threes and kept the Wiz within striking distance.

• Like 1

I'm both a raps fan and a Hawks fan. I don't hate The Truth. I love his game. Always have, always will. It's his attitude i don't like. Plus, his shananigans have also made me cringe, particularly the wheelchair. I mean, seriously?

Really? You of all people? I expected better.

Surely you remember the Ghostbuster 2 flick where the bad guy (Vigo, our PP here) is getting all of his energy from the negative NYers, but then at the end (spoiler alert 2.5 decades late!) the Ghostbusters spray some goo on the Statue of Liberty (our Big Chicken) and get it walking down the street jamming to some good ol' rock-n'roll and the positivity of the NYers at that point is too much for the evil bad guy to handle.

Whatever. I realize now that I took this too far in my first post and because of Spudz I'm sounding even crazier ... so, bye.

Lol I'm from the same era as you but wasn't a huge ghostbusters guy. I liked back to the future, Rocky IV, vacation with Chevy Chase a bit more. But I think I need to go back and watch ghostbusters.

Lol I'm from the same era as you but wasn't a huge ghostbusters guy. I liked back to the future, Rocky IV, vacation with Chevy Chase a bit more. But I think I need to go back and watch ghostbusters.

You probably liked Short Circuit too.

I can't hate the man. He's a first ballot HOFer who's game has evolved for his role beautifully. His career stat total is extremely distinguished too.

I've always grouped he, Melo, and Joe together because they all have the same near-perfect size for a 2-way SF who can post or face up equally. Only difference is Paul is light years ahead of both in terms of gamesmanship. You can't knock a guy who's just added some muscle tone and trimmed up in the twilight of his 17 year career.

Sure his antics are laughable at times, but his game has never been. Even now he'll flash some exquisite footwork. I'm a slightly bigger NBA Fanatic than I am a Hawks Freak. Blame WGN in the nineties.

I'm done, carry on.

Edited by benhillboy