• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks don't get a lot of respect.. NBA poll: 18k votes Cavs and Warriors will face in NBA finals.

Spursfanpeacemaker

Just went to NBA,com today, and saw this poll:

When the dust settles, The 2015 Finals will be ... ?

Cavs-Warriors           18k votes

Hawks-Warriors           5k votes

Cavs-Rockets               4k votes

Hawks-Rockets             1k votes

Hawks still dont get a lot of respect because they dont have superstars like Lebron, Kyrie, Stephen curry, Khlay thompson, and James harden. 

I think a lot of people are underestimating the hawks too much just because they don't have a superstar.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker
  • Like 1

If fan voting on ESPN made a difference, the Hawks would not have won 60 games, been the number 1 seed, and would not have made it here to the ECF. Luckily the fans can only participate in votes online and the games are played by the professionals.

We wouldn't have even made the playoffs either with teams like NY, Charlotte and Detroit ahead of us.

I'm actually surprised how little respect the Rockets are getting.

Same here, I think a lot of people are confident that Rockets can't beat the Warriors in the West Finals.

Also, same thing in the East.. Mostly everyone choose the Cavs over the Hawks to win East Finals.

This should be no surprise.

Respect is earned in the playoffs.  If I was a casual fan, i would also go with the LeBron's, i mean the guy has been in like 5 of the last 6 finals.  Noone respected the 04 Pistons until they won it all, same with Mavs, etc.

Even if we swept this series with an average margin of victory of 20, the storyline will be how LeBron choked, it was all due to Cav injuries, and that GS would beat us in 5 at the most.

• Like 1

This should be no surprise.

Respect is earned in the playoffs.  If I was a casual fan, i would also go with the LeBron's, i mean the guy has been in like 5 of the last 6 finals.  Noone respected the 04 Pistons until they won it all, same with Mavs, etc.

Even if we swept this series with an average margin of victory of 20, the storyline will be how LeBron choked, it was all due to Cav injuries, and that GS would beat us in 5 at the most.

"Respect is earned in the playoffs." I agree, Hawks will have to show what they got.

Im a casual fan but mostly i root for Spurs and Hawks. I just think that Hawks don't get the respect they deserved.

Also, everytime Lebron reaches ECFs.. his team always advance to the finals, that's just bothers me.

Not likely.

I went with the Hawks in 7... But it just feels unlikely with this teams poor perimeter defense and long scoring droughts.

You said cavs in 6 lol.

It's not perimeter defense, i think it more like mismatches, Lebron posting up on Jeff teague, and dennis, easy points for him. They need to switch quickly on defense, when lebron tries to switch his defender on smaller guys.

Also, Caroll need to contest James jump shots better, he need to use his hands more instead of pushing him back. But that won't matter now because caroll just injured his knee ;( Hope him for the best.