• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DMC could command 15 million

capstone21

• Admin

With his recent play there are a number of teams interested in him

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4644956-free-agency-demarre-carroll-jimmy-butler-matthew-dellavedova-jae-crowder/slide/324675

Speculation is he can command up to 15 million

I really want him back but to me he is a 10 million player. I don't think we should pay that much.

I'm not that shcoked.

Why?

3 and D guys are becoming hugely valuebale to this league. A solid defender at SF gives you more depth on the perimeter or paint. Plus, DMC is a great shooter and is willing to drive to the basket.

Carroll is the classic example of a player that's best off staying where he is. I think he's a system type of player.

I will give you an example. If he signed with the Knicks he wouldn't be nearly as valuable on the offensive end for sure.

I can't fault him for taking the money if it's offered but I don't think he's worth a dime more than korver's contract.

As Sothron said if he leaves for big money we find his replacement at 1/3 the money.

This situation along with Milsap's is a prime example of how this GM situation needs to be fixed immediately when the ink dries on the paper when ownership is transferred.

• Like 4

another aspect that needs to be discussed is the new TV deal and how the salary cap is going up. There will be deals signed for stupid money. Lots of them.

Unfortunately for the Hawks, DMC, and Millsap the cap won't have a huge increase next season.  It will be the 2 years after that the players will see the huge pay days.  Maybe they can get them to sign one year deals so they can stay but I doubt their agents will be happy with that.  The cap is supposed to be around 100 million in a few years and some teams may overpay now with that in mind.  

:-0.

At the start of the season I said he would get double his current salary $5 mil per.

Then the new TV deal happened and I figured he'll get $7-8mil. Then he was our playoff MVP figured that bumped him ip to $10 mil.

$15 mil???? Did not see that and it sound too rich for me.

His stock keeps going up and good 3 and D guys are all restricted and their teams want them back like Middleton. He is going to cost a pretty penny. Him and Sap. I've said it once, DMC is the most important player to bring back. We literally can't replace him. We can sign Monroe or shock the world and sign Gasol or steal Brook Lopez but we can't replace DMC considering the limited market on guys like him. He might not be 15 mil but he's worth more than 10 mil at this point. 

• Like 1

I can't believe a team would give him 15 million a year. We'll draft his replacement if that is the case.

It's unquestionable we are drafting a wing this year but damnit, so is everyone else. Dekker or Oubre. Oubre isn't ready but for our system, nor is Dekker. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Deng is an option. Most likely not tho after this summer. 

Paul Pierce... 

Tobias Harris, I know, highly unlikely Orlando won't match

Boston is matching Crowder even an overpay. 

Chris Copeland???

Jeff Green but he doesn't really shoot well enough, he did play well in Boston. 

Carroll is the Lakers #1 target. Damnit man. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Heck why not let Sap go pay DMC and get Gasol? Move Horford to power forward. You have better rebounding,low post game and still play the game you want. We see right now even with the current team Hawks are getting badly outrebounded. The Spurs are in the top 10 in rebounding Hawks one of the worst teams. 

• Premium Member

Heck why not let Sap go pay DMC and get Gasol? Move Horford to power forward. You have better rebounding,low post game and still play the game you want. We see right now even with the current team Hawks are getting badly outrebounded. The Spurs are in the top 10 in rebounding Hawks one of the worst teams.

Gasol is staying in Memphis.

If he was younger, I could see him getting 15 mil. I think he's an 8 mil a year player like Ariza. Anything more I'd let him go, they should go after Jae Crowder/draft a SF. 

DMC does a lot more than Ariza. Ariza is the prototypical 3/D player. DMC does a lot more dirty work. He's more valuable to a team's culture than Ariza. Ariza has to join a team with the pieces in place. DMC creates a culture.