• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Things I learned from Hawks Exit Interviews

SalvorMallow

That is exactly what I wrote the day after their season ended. That is the exact sales pitch I'm sending to the both of them as well as to the Aaron Afflalos and Wes Matthews of the world. You want to continue fighting the Warriors, Rockets, Mavericks, Spurs, and Blazers just to get homecourt in the first round for the rest of your career? Or do you want to be a part of the best threat to take down Lebron's reign of terror in the East. You make the call...

I read an article today about agents looking to send their clients to Eastern teams.

What better team in the East that has cap space than us?

None!... not to mention the quality talent that we have as well

Is it really that tough to persuade Lamarcus or Marc to leave their team to come to ATL after we have shown how good we are?! They would be like the missing piece! Some body get ferry back here and quick!

I'm black and I love ferry! Dude made a mistake we can all forgive him now.

• Like 1

Please post!

Love it!

@JTB

NBANBA PM: Will Stars Bolt From West to East?

By

Alex Kennedy

on

May 27, 2015

403SHARES

2 COMMENTS

NBA PM: Will Stars Bolt for the Eastern Conference?

When the Chicago Bulls held their free agency meeting with Carmelo Anthony last July, part of the franchise’s pitch focused on the Eastern Conference being wide open and how the star-studded Bulls could be a perennial contender in that landscape. They wanted to stress to Anthony that playing in the NBA Finals year after year could be a reality with Chicago’s talented roster and relative lack of competition, whereas making an annual title run would be much more difficult if he joined one of the Western Conference teams pursuing him.

Anthony, of course, re-signed with the New York Knicks. Then, the Cleveland Cavaliers added LeBron James and Kevin Love to become the clear-cut frontrunner in the East. Still, it remains true that the Eastern path to the Finals has significantly fewer obstacles than the Western route.

Players recognize this too, so don’t be surprised to see a number of middle-to-upper-tier players move from the West to the East through free agency or trades in the near future. Other things will obviously factor into players’ decisions too – such as the money, city, weather, playing time and much more. But all things being equal, East teams may be more attractive given how insanely competitive the West has become.

A number of players and agents who spoke to Basketball Insiders on condition of anonymity admitted as much.

“Players will consider going to the East, for sure,” one Western Conference player told Basketball Insiders. “The East is down right now and the West is a dogfight. The seventh- or eighth-seeded team in the West could possibly make the Eastern Conference Finals with how things are now.”

“It wouldn’t be a bad idea [to join an East team],” added another NBA player. “I’m pretty sure Kevin Durant is going to start it off and go home to [the Washington Wizards in] D.C.”

That’s obviously just speculation about Durant (although it is a popular theory these days), but it’s easy to see why any player might want out of the West.

@JTB

NBANBA PM: Will Stars Bolt From West to East?

By

Alex Kennedy

on

May 27, 2015

403SHARES

2 COMMENTS

NBA PM: Will Stars Bolt for the Eastern Conference?

When the Chicago Bulls held their free agency meeting with Carmelo Anthony last July, part of the franchise’s pitch focused on the Eastern Conference being wide open and how the star-studded Bulls could be a perennial contender in that landscape. They wanted to stress to Anthony that playing in the NBA Finals year after year could be a reality with Chicago’s talented roster and relative lack of competition, whereas making an annual title run would be much more difficult if he joined one of the Western Conference teams pursuing him.

Anthony, of course, re-signed with the New York Knicks. Then, the Cleveland Cavaliers added LeBron James and Kevin Love to become the clear-cut frontrunner in the East. Still, it remains true that the Eastern path to the Finals has significantly fewer obstacles than the Western route.

Players recognize this too, so don’t be surprised to see a number of middle-to-upper-tier players move from the West to the East through free agency or trades in the near future. Other things will obviously factor into players’ decisions too – such as the money, city, weather, playing time and much more. But all things being equal, East teams may be more attractive given how insanely competitive the West has become.

A number of players and agents who spoke to Basketball Insiders on condition of anonymity admitted as much.

“Players will consider going to the East, for sure,” one Western Conference player told Basketball Insiders. “The East is down right now and the West is a dogfight. The seventh- or eighth-seeded team in the West could possibly make the Eastern Conference Finals with how things are now.”

“It wouldn’t be a bad idea [to join an East team],” added another NBA player. “I’m pretty sure Kevin Durant is going to start it off and go home to [the Washington Wizards in] D.C.”

That’s obviously just speculation about Durant (although it is a popular theory these days), but it’s easy to see why any player might want out of the West.

Good read! Thanks!

Could you imagine Washington getting Durant and already has Wall. Not good for the rest of the East. Of course the Hawks will be bringing out their same lineup Sap/Carroll/Horford ,Teague and whoever the shooting guard is after next year when Durant can become a free agent. The Bulls got Gasol last year who I wanted. Ok Hawks its your turn to sign someone big.

You get an idea of ownership in the off season for the most part. Teams who really want the stars actively go out and pursue them not sit back.

Could you imagine Washington getting Durant and already has Wall. Not good for the rest of the East. Of course the Hawks will be bringing out their same lineup Sap/Carroll/Horford ,Teague and whoever the shooting guard is after next year when Durant can become a free agent. The Bulls got Gasol last year who I wanted. Ok Hawks its your turn to sign someone big.

You get an idea of ownership in the off season for the most part. Teams who really want the stars actively go out and pursue them not sit back.

Exactly....Hawks have to make a big time move now cause I can see durant going to Washington easily and from their the next 4-5 years we will be seeing the cavs vs wizards

Make a BIG move ATL....the time is now!

I think DeMarre and Paul are likely walking.  Neither of those guys is worth overpaying.  The only guy we go to the mats for is Horford when his is up.  He will likely not ask for the max because he has already been paid and likely wants to win.  As long as we give him $16M or so, I think he is fine with that.  

More players will probably sign in the East, but that's not because it's easier. It's because there is more cap space in the East this off season.

Hasn't the east been down for 15 - 20 years now? Why haven't they been coming over before? Why would it suddenly be happening now?

15-20? Goodness man! I would say more like 9 at the max....atleast since 2007

The east has had its strong points maybe not overall 1-8 in some years the best teams that no one can beat league wide has been on the east even after 2007.

I think the biggest problem is that the east has not had its fair share of star talent spreaded through out the conference like it once was during the Kobe and shaq era. There were plenty of stars back then in the east including some very talented teams.

-Iverson (76ers)

-t Mac (magic)

-Pierce/Walker (celtics)

-Jason Kidd (nets)

-04-08 Detroit Pistons

-Steve Francis (magic...if I remember correctly)

-Wade/Shaq (heat)

-Ray Allen/Cassell (Bucks)

-of course came lebron at one point, big 3 celtics, etcetera etcetera

There's more I just can't wrap my head around it. But I wouldn't say those teams didn't battle against nobodies. We can say that today somewhat but not then.

That, and less injuries come playoff time.

SMH!

There's that same crazy ass comment about less injuries. Look man every team is going to be injured by the time they hit the ECF! The Hawks cannot use that as an excuse. The fact is, is that at the end of the day the Hawks struggled against bigger bigs, had trouble rebounding and defending the paint, and found out just how damn hard it was to be efficient jump shooting in the playoffs.

How do we counter and make sure this doesn't happen again. We go out and get a big like Marc gasol or Aldridge plain and simple

• Like 1

Want their client come east?  Sure!  Where?

New York, Brooklin, Boston and Chicago.  That's the big cities.

All the rest are minor league.

Really, that may not be their thinking but don't bet against it.

diablo.gif

• Moderators

02.15.13.first.take000045-L.jpg

788637.jpg

Cosign. Danny Green makes a lot of sense as a Demarre replacement. Could be bought on the cheap too and the obvious Bud connection. LMA fits as well and gives us a number one scoring option. Maybe Matthews would follow LMA here as well. I would not be disappointed!

C - LMA

PF - Horford

SF - Green

SG - Matthews

PG - Teague

Yummy.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1