• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Things I learned from Hawks Exit Interviews

SalvorMallow

• Premium Member

Bob Rathbun livestreams exit interviews from what I assume is his iPhone.  I was able to catch a few of these and got some interesting information regarding Paul and DMCs free agency and other misc topics.

Teague:

• Was very vocal about his desire to bring back Paul and DMC.  No reservation at all.
  • Did not pick a specific area of his game he needs to improve.  
  • Made a joke that he needs to get stronger so he can guard Lebron.

I think Teague should work on finishing at the rim and improving his jumper.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 3

I think Teague should work on finishing at the rim and improving his jumper.

He needs to work on the film room. He could exploit defenses better. No question about it. Dennis needs to do that as well but for different reasons. 

• Like 2

The DMC stuff is no surprise. His agent has been leaking information left and right. Add in that DMC had been retweeting anyone who mentioned max and his name for the past two months.

The DMC stuff is no surprise. His agent has been leaking information left and right. Add in that DMC had been retweeting anyone who mentioned max and his name for the past two months.

Yeah, he's definitely out to get his during free agency. You can tell by his instagram posts that Demarres has flipped on the self marketing switch. Oh well.. We can make another Demarre, but can he translate his success to another team...?

• Like 4

• Moderators

I don't have issues with Demarre trying to get a big contract.   Saying you definitely want to be with the hawks is a good way to squash maxing out your money.   He's not exactly young and he certainly hasn't made enough to live the rest of his life on so a big contract now means a lot to him and his family.   I expect him back though.   This is the system for him.

• Like 2

I don't have issues with Demarre trying to get a big contract.   Saying you definitely want to be with the hawks is a good way to squash maxing out your money.   He's not exactly young and he certainly hasn't made enough to live the rest of his life on so a big contract now means a lot to him and his family.   I expect him back though.   This is the system for him.

I don't know.  As you mentioned, he's no spring chicken.  For both he and Millsap, this will likely be their last big deal.  They almost owe it to themselves to go after the biggest deal regardless of fit.

Also, you and I can see that the system they're in maximizes them.  However, it's possible they're thinking their hard work is what makes the system.

I'll never get upset when an athlete tries to get his money. Who knows how long his career ends up being? If a team offers Demarre a huge contract, I'll have no issue with him accepting. Same with Millsap.

Good luck to em both if they find themselves on another team. They deserve it. 

Anybody else hear the snippet on 929 The Game where Millsap said STTE of this? "The situation here has been really good since i got here 2 years ago. Hopefully my next situation will be even better." Sounds like a strange way to put it if you are even halfway considering coming back. Maybe i am reading too much into it, but did anyone else hear that and think the same thing?

Anybody else hear the snippet on 929 The Game where Millsap said STTE of this? "The situation here has been really good since i got here 2 years ago. Hopefully my next situation will be even better." Sounds like a strange way to put it if you are even halfway considering coming back. Maybe i am reading too much into it, but did anyone else hear that and think the same thing?

Sounds to me like he wants stay but wants to compensated accordingly

• Like 1

• Premium Member

DMC is definitely getting paid. He showed hockey level playoff toughness for playing through a sprained knee and turf toe. He's the one guy we have I'm almost certain is not coming back because a team like the Lakers can throw 15 million a year at him and not bat an eye at it.

• Moderators

Well with the possibilities of one or both of them leaving, the Hawks need to bring in guys who can at least duplicate their numbers. If that means a Godfather offer for Gasol or LMA, well...

With max salaries there is no such thing as a Godfather offer to Gasol and LMA.

Hopefully both of those guys have seen how hard it is to get anywhere in the West and want to come East to take the next step and what team would be better than one that just made the ECF and adds the best non-lottery draft pick to boot!

• Like 2

Well with the possibilities of one or both of them leaving, the Hawks need to bring in guys who can at least duplicate their numbers. If that means a Godfather offer for Gasol or LMA, well...

02.15.13.first.take000045-L.jpg

788637.jpg

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 4

With max salaries there is no such thing as a Godfather offer to Gasol and LMA.

Hopefully both of those guys have seen how hard it is to get anywhere in the West and want to come East to take the next step and what team would be better than one that just made the ECF and adds the best non-lottery draft pick to boot!

That is exactly what I wrote the day after their season ended. That is the exact sales pitch I'm sending to the both of them as well as to the Aaron Afflalos and Wes Matthews of the world. You want to continue fighting the Warriors, Rockets, Mavericks, Spurs, and Blazers just to get homecourt in the first round for the rest of your career? Or do you want to be a part of the best threat to take down Lebron's reign of terror in the East. You make the call...

• Like 1