• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FA List

AHF

• Premium Member

Was about to come here and post this myself. I can't believe how ridiculously terrible this list is. Millsap at #19 and Carroll at #22? Yeah freaking right...Behind turds like Brandon Knight, Dragic, and Roy freaking Hibbert? lol6.gifpicard.gif

Only Hawk fans want to pay Millsap $18 mil and DMC $12 mil per year.

Only Hawk fans want to pay Millsap $18 mil and DMC $12 mil per year.

Not this hawks fan - I'm topping DMC at $10 (especially when I see that Shumpert is expected to get in the $8 mil range), Millsap at $15

Still too rich for my taste.

It's the going rate because of the TV deal. Get used to it - a lot of players are going to get more because of it.

Still too rich for my taste.

What i'm learning to do is take the salary as a percentage of the cap, not the raw number- at least up until you get to the top of the cap. 

• Premium Member

It's the going rate because of the TV deal. Get used to it - a lot of players are going to get more because of it.

The problem with the above logic is that it isn't the going rate.  DMC is not 2 1/2 times move valuable to the team than Thabo and certainly isn't move valuable than Jeff Teague.  He might not be as good a player as a drafted wing play in this years draft Kelly Oubre so my question is...Why over pay him when he isn't an essential part of the team's success?  There are any number of guys we can pick up to match DMC's value to the team i.e. Arron Afflalo for almost half this asking price.  Same goes for Millsap! In fact, there are several opportunities to upgrade the position or get young for 1/3 less.  Why take the chance on Millsap who is over 30 giving you less production going forward for twice the price like he did in the playoffs last year and this year?

Gary Neal

Wayne Ellington

Wes Johnson

Luc Richard

Amir Johnson are role players I like for a decent price. 

One under the radar move I would like is... Omri Casspi. I think he could do well.

he isn't an essential part of the team's success?

Wow, ok - you lost me with that.

Afflalo was scheduled to make $7.7 mil next season and opted out - how much do you think he'll be asking? More than that I can tell you. Same with Thad Young who opted out of $9.5 mil.

You're seeing DMC as the same $2.5 million dollar player we signed 2 years ago when his play says he isn't.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I'm just not big on the "bigs". If Aldridge and Gasol were a bit younger, yeah. But they ain't.

Love DeMarre and Paul but I won't feel good about overpaying, hopefully they see the big team picture. Dennis, Jeff, and the pick are on the table I would think in order to net an AS-caliber scorer or Big. I just need Moose to accelerate that protein plan.

I like all these bums more than the trio of Brand, Daye, and Jenkins:

Cartier Martin

Chris Copeland

Alexi Shved

Alan Anderson

Lavoy Allen

Aaron Brooks

There has been chatter here about KJ McDaniels, his little summary was funny. And why would he say "ugh" to Drew Gooden? That's what I thought about his Danny Green ranking. Still love to read Ziller any day.

I don't know what the hell Jimmy's doing, but I think he's the best prize considering his value and his independence of any system, style, or coach. His game is pretty damn simple: score and defend.

I think quietly there are serious questions around the league as to what intangibles and leadership you're going to get from Leonard thrown into that max. He can barely speak.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

Wow, ok - you lost me with that.

Afflalo was scheduled to make $7.7 mil next season and opted out - how much do you think he'll be asking? More than that I can tell you. Same with Thad Young who opted out of $9.5 mil.

You're seeing DMC as the same $2.5 million dollar player we signed 2 years ago when his play says he isn't.

Atlanta fans get a little tunnel visioned when their teams experiences a little success.  And no...DMC is not essential to Atlanta's success.  There are plenty of players that can match or exceed his production on the open market today for the same price or in many cases much less.   Plus DMC isn't the  only player in the league that can improve under the right coaching.  Has he become more than a $2.5 Mil per year player?  Absolutely!  But has he risen beyond the like of other productive glue guy wings in this league.  Absolutely not.  We should not be tunnel visioned when evaluating the available wings this off season

Edited by Peoriabird
  • Like 1

Atlanta fans get a little tunnel visioned when their teams experiences a little success.  And no...DMC is not essential to Atlanta's success.  There are plenty of players that can match or exceed his production on the open market today for the same price or in many cases much less.   Plus DMC isn't the  only player in the league that can improve under the right coaching.  Has he become more than a $2.5 Mil per year player?  Absolutely!  But has he risen beyond the like of other productive glue guy wings in this league.  Absolutely not.  We should not be tunnel visioned when evaluating the available wings this off season

You play too much NBA2K