• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Monta Ellis wants to be a Hawk

JETSET

• Admin

Monta gets 1.9 steals a game, that's all I need from him on defense lol the success of your team relies so much on matchups and Monta is a player that is great at exploiting his speed and scoring prowess. Off the bench he'd destroy the teams that we played in the playoffs this year

Getting a lot of steals does not qualify you as a good defender ... it just means he takes chances and runs out (often leaving your man open if you miss) ... A good defender stays in front of his man and try's to prevent him from getting off a good shot/get rebound/make pass/receive the ball etc.... Makes you work for it.  Steals/Blocks do not equal a good defender.  Monta is not a good defender at all

• Moderators

This would be great if we were weighing the options of trading Korver for Monta....

My point being that in our system you don't have to be an elite defender to get by, what he lacks in defense he can make up for by providing the spark that we desperately needed off the bench in this years playoffs. 

You've got to give up on signing Sap or signing a SF then.  I'd rather sign a good SF and PF/C than one of those and Monta who will "spark" us by missing a bunch of shots like he always does.  Our existing guys can miss shots like Monta can or at least they could if they just started shooting worse.

Monta gets 1.9 steals a game, that's all I need from him on defense lol the success of your team relies so much on matchups and Monta is a player that is great at exploiting his speed and scoring prowess. Off the bench he'd destroy the teams that we played in the playoffs this year

Man, the SAME people complaining about Ellis, wouldve done the SAME thing if J.R. Smith was a free agent and wanted to sign with the Hawks..............lmao

Kz9XwP.gif?resize=480%2C270

You never know...I'm beginning to think Bud likes to coach mid-career players.  We had a very mid-career team last year and about the only real "young gun" who played a lot before the injury bug hit us was Dennis (and there may have been some "Bud-stration" even there).

Personally, if that is the case, I'm cool with that.  NBA coaches with a plan/system shouldn't have to be babysitters.

I would love Monta at 10 million a season. Don't know how much more if any at all. Dump DMC and bring back Millsap.

Then we have that all world player Thabo coming back.

I would love Monta at 10 million a season. Don't know how much more if any at all. Dump DMC and bring back Millsap.

Then we have that all world player Thabo coming back.

Thabo won't be ready to start the season, so who starts? Baze. Our wing defense would be atrocious plus that would make us undersized at SG, SF, PF and C - we would be murdered on the boards even more.

Ellis just pushes my buttons and reminds me of the people who used to think that Allen Iverson was a scorer on the level of Michael Jordan while totally missing the fact that he shot 41% from the floor. Averaging 30 ppg on 26 fgapg isn't that impressive, especially when you absolutely dominate the ball on offense.

Don't worry if bud believes Ellis won't work he will not go after him.

• Like 1

Lmao off at people thinking this same group improves next season.

Lmao off at butthurt Spartan fans pretending to be Hawks fans.

Lmao off at butthurt Spartan fans pretending to be Hawks fans.

Pretending? If I were gonna pretend to like an NBA team I would definitely not choose one with a rich history of winning like the Hawks have. Oh never mind.