• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official Hawks Summer League Thread

NBASupes

Hawks v. Warriors:

I am looking for more defense and a change at PG today. Move Holt to SG on the bench. Start Bellas Tomas at PG. Move Petteway to the bench. Start Glenn Robinson III.

Tomas

Patterson

Robinson

Moose

Edy

This should improve our perimeter defense and at least get us into sets which is something Holt and Kane vastly struggled with.

I like our talent off the bench and this should fit much better. I would also give Horford some PT as well.

I want to see more PnR's for Edy and Moose.

I want to see better perimeter defense in general. I want to see Lamar's defense improve. He's been a bad for two years straight.

He made a great decision. You can't prepare for the NBA not being in the NBA when your his type of big with his exp.

• Premium Member

Not sure how I feel about having one's own professionally-done website before one even accomplishes anything important... but who knows, maybe this is the work of a friend or family member who does websites and just wants to be supportive... hope so... anyhow, he evidently prefers to be called GRob3, and here's his URL:

http://www.grob3.com/

Player Points FG% 3point % Rebounds Blocks

Bobby Portis 23 9/14 3/4 7 1

A. Payne 16 6/12 3/5 9 0

M Muscala 8 3/12 0/3 6 1

E Tavares 4 2/6 0/0 5 2

Edy played 17 minutes

Portis 23

Payne 33

Like @TheNorthCydeRises said rebounds and defense for Edy is all I'm looking for in summer league.

Not sure how I feel about having one's own professionally-done website before one even accomplishes anything important... but who knows, maybe this is the work of a friend or family member who does websites and just wants to be supportive... hope so... anyhow, he evidently prefers to be called GRob3, and here's his URL:

http://www.grob3.com/

Last year someone posted a link to Lamar Patterson's own website. At least this guy is Big Dog's son for what its worth.

• Premium Member

Last year someone posted a link to Lamar Patterson's own website. At least this guy is Big Dog's son for what its worth.

Really? All I can find for Lamar is a Facebook and a Linked-In page.

And yeah, actually around here, being Big Dog's son isn't really a plus for many of us... just wasn't a good experience once he arrived in ATL back-when. Let's just say it's encouraging to see his son might have embraced a somewhat more unselfish game than his old man.

Any updated information on how Muscala and Tavares are looking in the Hawks game tonight against the Warriors?  I know it is just Summer League but I am still very interested in hearing how these two players are performing!  Maybe, I am overestimating their value but I think Muscala and Tavares will be very important players for the Hawks in the very near future!

I saw some flashes from Kane and some good team transition D. Moose's dribbling and passing is gonna really surprise a lot of teams too. The announcers made a good point of Robinson III trying to doing too much, he was looking silly on a few plays.

That McAdoo kid is gonna be a player. His PER was 17.7 in 9 minutes last year, almost identical to Moose's 18 in 10.

Edited by benhillboy

Bud talking to the broadcast crew right now. Was asked about SF position, first player out of his mouth was Thabo.

Was asked about Millsap at the 3, said they'd tinker with it a little bit, but wouldn't want to do it a whole lot.

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 1

That was a good game. The young guys won with defense late, love it.

I'll have to see a lot more from Robinson III, but he did look smooth coming off the screen with the middy J.

Edy's size and length pays dividends despite his clear inexperience.

I just liked the overall ball handling and protection from all the guards. They didn't settle and looked to penetrate.

This was my first time seeing everyone besides Moose, I was impressed. They upheld Hawks principles a majority of the game while the Warriors didn't have much structure. Kenny coaching against Luke Walton may have had something to do with it. Can't be more satisfied with our developmental program.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

Supes Stars:

1. Glenn Robinson III- Was the best player on the court for us by FAR. His defense changed the ballgame for us. His offense was solid.

2. Edy Tavares- There is a lot of things he's raw at but his presence and blocking shots isn't one. Has impressive BBIQ and set good screens.

3. Holt- His defense was top notch tonight and his impact was felt on the defensive end.

• Like 2