• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Paul Millsap asking for 17-19 million a year?

GameTime

Bye bye Early Bird?

Edited by GameTime

Hoping it's not true, or at least not from us. Kevin Love and Aldridge are the only free agent PFs that should be looking at 19 mil a year.

Based on this rumor, New York wouldn't even pay that? lol.

I guess at least the reporter did his homework in understanding the only range that Millsap wouldn't be using his Early Bird Rights?

It's not happening though. The only scenario that miight push Millsap out is if he really really wants his Max. But his uncle is his agent, and he would have known about Early Bird Rights two years ago when he signed with the Hawks. I have a hard time seeing Paul somewhere else.

His max is $18.6 Million. That guy doesn't seem credible.

To be fair, we won't know his actual Max until around July 8th/9th.

That's too much for a player that's not a superstar. I love Sap and JYD, but over paying for them could harm this franchise long term.

Here's hoping we don't undo everything by overpaying for mediocre talent again.

• Like 1

He'll no longer be a Hawk if he wants $18.6...

I certainly hope you're right. If he was 25 years old then maybe, but no way we pay that much for Milsap....if he wants that much then do a sign and trade with Utah for Favors; we will lose some offensive creativity but atleast we will be able to rebound. 

• Like 3

Well just an aside - thank heavens for the NBA salary cap (however "leaky" it seems to be sometimes).  The Knicks are in a whole "nother" league from us when it comes to money.  They have the MSG pay network (if you want to see Knicks home games on TV you gotta pay)...similar to Boston.

If it were like Baseball (unrestricted - no cap) the Knicks would probably offer Lebron $75m a year...and DMC $20m...and for them (totally different business model), it would be worth it.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

We could pay him his EBmax which is about 16.5, and he would be wise to take it if he wants to be in a winning situation. That way the Hawks could find a way to fix the roster prior to re-signing him.

That's the only way I see the Hawks getting better next season.

DeMarre, OTOH... with Aminu reportedly agreeing to a deal with the Blazers (4 years, 7.5M per). Demarre won't come for less than 10-12M, so we can kiss him goodbye and wish him good luck in his new team.

I'm not completely sure about our cap space, saw some numbers around  22-24M, that shoud be enough to try and get Jordan Hill and Arron Afflalo to the ATL. Then re-sign Millsap for the EBmax.

Teague-Schröder

Thabo - Hardaway

Afflalo - Korver

Millsap - Muscala

Horford - Hill

I could live with that!

We could pay him his EBmax which is about 16.5, and he would be wise to take it if he wants to be in a winning situation. That way the Hawks could find a way to fix the roster prior to re-signing him.

That's the only way I see the Hawks getting better next season.

DeMarre, OTOH... with Aminu reportedly agreeing to a deal with the Blazers (4 years, 7.5M per). Demarre won't come for less than 10-12M, so we can kiss him goodbye and wish him good luck in his new team.

I'm not completely sure about our cap space, saw some numbers around 22-24M, that shoud be enough to try and get Jordan Hill and Arron Afflalo to the ATL. Then re-sign Millsap for the EBmax.

Teague-Schröder

Thabo - Hardaway

Afflalo - Korver

Millsap - Muscala

Horford - Hill

I could live with that!

@BrazilianHawk I don't know if true, but do you see the nbrs fir Afflalo?

Report: Knicks 'front-runners' to sign Arron Afflalo for 3 years, $36M-$38M

By James Herbert / NBA writer

June 29, 2015 07:50 PM ET

Arron Afflalo is likely to sign with the New York Knicks in free agency, according to Yahoo Sports' Adreian Wojnarowski, with a three-year contract worth $36-38 million. 

• Premium Member

Having Afflalo at the 3 instead of demarre would be a huge loss for this team.

Demarre and paul will be back and we should all be thankful when it happens.

Oh, I would absolutely LOVE IT if we can get both of them back! I'm just wondering about what could we do if DMC bolts.

We won a lot of games, made a deep playoff run, I'd be ecstatic with bringing the same core back.

I still would like to have Jordan Hill, though.

• Premium Member

@BrazilianHawk I don't know if true, but do you see the nbrs fir Afflalo?

Report: Knicks 'front-runners' to sign Arron Afflalo for 3 years, $36M-$38M

By James Herbert / NBA writer

June 29, 2015 07:50 PM ET

Arron Afflalo is likely to sign with the New York Knicks in free agency, according to Yahoo Sports' Adreian Wojnarowski, with a three-year contract worth $36-38 million. 

Yes, roughly the same amount DMC is supposedly looking for. Knicks are 'front-runners', which at this point means nothing at all.