• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's Official....Millsap is Back

wolvetigers

Cavs just re-signed Shump to 10 mil a year.

Love to max, Irving to max, Thompson to max. Lebron not even signed yet. $240 mil just from today's commitments.

Find it hilarious the best player in the world needs $60 mil over the cap more than other teams to field a winner for him.

And we can't even sign a SF.

Edited by RWF
  • Like 2

Cavs just re-signed Shump to 10 mil a year.

Love to max, Irving to max, Thompson to max. Lebron not even signed yet. $240 mil just from today's commitments.

Find it hilarious the best player in the world needs $60 mil over the cap more than other teams to field a winner for him.

And we can't even sign a SF.

Come on guys. Do a little research on the NBA cap. They had bird rights to Thompson and Irving so in essence they don't count against the cap. We'll be able to make room. The cap will probably end up close to 70 million for this season, give or take a couple of million. If we signed Milsap to a back heavy deal where he makes say 16-17 this year and 20 or 21 next year when the cap takes a big jump, we'll be sitting around 65 million (roughly) as a team. We will probably trade Mack and Scott to get about 5-6 million back. That will give us about 8 million in cap room. We will also have 5 million for the mid level exception and possibly 2-2.5 for the bi-annual exception. I would look for us to sign a wing player for 5-7 million, a veteran PG, and another big defender.

• Premium Member

Come on guys. Do a little research on the NBA cap. They had bird rights to Thompson and Irving so in essence they don't count against the cap. We'll be able to make room. The cap will probably end up close to 70 million for this season, give or take a couple of million. If we signed Milsap to a back heavy deal where he makes say 16-17 this year and 20 or 21 next year when the cap takes a big jump, we'll be sitting around 65 million (roughly) as a team. We will probably trade Mack and Scott to get about 5-6 million back. That will give us about 8 million in cap room. We will also have 5 million for the mid level exception and possibly 2-2.5 for the bi-annual exception. I would look for us to sign a wing player for 5-7 million, a veteran PG, and another big defender.

the research says that without any options and renouncing love and lebron, the sat at 42 mill.  that means 27 million to spend.  what they have done defies math.  There is no way they should be able to resign Lebron because they had to renounce him to lose his cap hold which was 21mill.

• Moderators

the research says that without any options and renouncing love and lebron, the sat at 42 mill. that means 27 million to spend. what they have done defies math. There is no way they should be able to resign Lebron because they had to renounce him to lose his cap hold which was 21mill.

They never renounced Lebron or opened up his space. Everyone they are signing is through Bird rights. We could have done this had we had Bird rights to Sap and DMC, etc.

The order here matters, I know the Hawks announced Paul after announcing Tiago but that just cannot happen unless Tiago doesn't have a Trade Kicker. It would be very very odd for multiple reports to claim Tiago has a TK but then it turns out he doesn't.

I think what happened was Daye is waived, cap space then used to sign Edy to 3+ (hell, probably for the minimum which would just be a roster charge...) then Paul signs his close-enough-to-a-Max deal, then the trade for Tiago with him waiving a portion of his TK.

I'm getting that déjà vu feeling whenever I try to explain to others why this is important....

The order here matters, I know the Hawks announced Paul after announcing Tiago but that just cannot happen unless Tiago doesn't have a Trade Kicker. It would be very very odd for multiple reports to claim Tiago has a TK but then it turns out he doesn't.

I think what happened was Daye is waived, cap space then used to sign Edy to 3+ (hell, probably for the minimum which would just be a roster charge...) then Paul signs his close-enough-to-a-Max deal, then the trade for Tiago with him waiving a portion of his TK.

I'm getting that déjà vu feeling whenever I try to explain to others why this is important....

You've done too much bro. You and lw3 need a vaca ...well deserved for tryin to school us knuckleheads :-)

You've done too much bro. You and lw3 need a vaca ...well deserved for tryin to school us knuckleheads :-)

Yeah, (I) we give him a hard time but he does an aiight job.  @lethalweapon3 too.

Edited by kg01

Recap:

1. Atlanta offering same as Atl made decision easy

2. Regarding the no Florida state tax: thought about it but would going to Orl. make him happy.

3. Wanted to continue what they started, like what they're building

4. On Shoulder and if it prevented him from playing well in playoffs - seemed reluctant to even want to talk about because he didn't want to make excuses. It did bother him, but no excuses just the reality.

5. Splitter and Hardaway - additions in areas of need: shooting and rebounding

6. Things the ECF was a learning experience

7. What will he work on this offseason - he thinks differently, he still thinks he can improve his vertical, get faster, shoot better etc.

8 uniforms - he likes them, had input, everything is the same, good to do something different, think outside box.

No offseason shoukder surgery or anything requirec - he back lifting weights, heavy weights.