• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jumped The Gun

sillent

Demarre isn't going to get exposed in Toronto. He's pretty much has improved his game each season, and has been a beloved role player wherever he's gone.

What he'll become, is the premiere 3 and D player in the league. It's no need to hate on the guy, simply because he's not with us anymore.

People simply need to trust Bud, and understand that it was HE who had been in the Spurs organization 20+ years, and saw firsthand how they operated. It's Bud that is implementing the Spurs style of play here. He's not green to this.

Be more concerned about Bud staying away from the Chardonnay and the Grey Goose, than him constructing this team the right way.

• Like 1

Demarre isn't going to get exposed in Toronto. He's pretty much has improved his game each season, and has been a beloved role player wherever he's gone.

What he'll become, is the premiere 3 and D player in the league. It's no need to hate on the guy, simply because he's not with us anymore.

People simply need to trust Bud, and understand that it was HE who had been in the Spurs organization 20+ years, and saw firsthand how they operated. It's Bud that is implementing the Spurs style of play here. He's not green to this.

Be more concerned about Bud staying away from the Chardonnay and the Grey Goose, than him constructing this team the right way.

Demarre will score 16 ppg on 43% shooting and grab 6 rpg. He's not elite and wasn't worth the money. He's a solid player and nothing more. Give Thabo 38 minutes a game and he'll put up almost identical numbers. People fell in love with his attitude, but I don't think people really watched his offensive game when he wasn't wide open for a corner 3.

He will get exposed if he calls the plays for himself. If he plays within himself of course I believe he'll do well but the way he has been acting lately (getting the big head) I think he will have more than enough flashes of him trying to do too much & will look like the goat for it at times ala Josh Smith.

Jumped the gun on thinking how much we would miss Danny Ferry & thinking Bud & company may not be as capable. Great job of addressing needs & keeping the main core intact. We were able to keep all 4 of our all stars and although DeMarre was our heart & hustle on most occassions he's going to get exposed in Toronto on offense if they don't pass the ball like we were. He was great in our system but looks horrible on most occasions when he tries to take the offense in his own hands. Tim Hardaway Jr. will be a major surprise and allows us to excel in a run and gun offense or half court. Our need (bigs) make us more potent with the half court grind it out game as well as rebounds & our other young bigs Mike & Mike can continue to stretch the floor & will be more improved with something to prove. The slight by DeMarre should give the other 4 starters an extra chip on our shoulders and Bazemore now has a true chance to come into his own similar to what DeMarre did after a year in our system. You don't mess with greatness only tweak it and we got rid of all our dead weight (Pero, Brand)!! All of our players are now highly capable of giving us good production on the floor.

I'm actually not convinced that Wes Wilcox isn't just Danny Ferry wearing a fake mustache or something.  Has anyone seen them in the same place?

Our moves are those of a team that's been successful and values continuity, grows players, and doesn't give out panic contracts.  Loving it.

• Like 4

People fell in love with his attitude, but I don't think people really watched his offensive game when he wasn't wide open for a corner 3.

He has no 1-on-1 game, so he'll forever be a role player, but there was more to him than shooting open 3's. He had a wonderful feel for our offensive system. Nobody could make the timely cut like Demarre.

Bazemore now has a true chance to come into his own similar to what DeMarre did after a year in our system.

lolwut

Demarre was pretty much the same player both seasons in Atlanta. He improved a little bit, but not dramatically. Bazemore is a bad shooter, he's out of control, and he fouls too much. Those are major fundamental problems. Maybe he'll fix them, but you are operating on blind optimism.

• Like 1

He has no 1-on-1 game, so he'll forever be a role player, but there was more to him than shooting open 3's. He had a wonderful feel for our offensive system. Nobody could make the timely cut like Demarre.

lolwut

Demarre was pretty much the same player both seasons in Atlanta. He improved a little bit, but not dramatically. Bazemore is a bad shooter, he's out of control, and he fouls too much. Those are major fundamental problems. Maybe he'll fix them, but you are operating on blind optimism.

Not at all but it seems like some of y'all are operating on blind pessimism. When I see people say Bazemore can't shoot and plays out of control it makes me wonder if you have actually seen him in enough games to critic. I know it's some bandwagoners that came aboard late so maybe y'all/they missed alot of things that are players were doing and are capable of. Our team really wasn't the same since after the allstar break we kinda just coasted thru. DeMarre stepped his game up a bit more because he felt slighted & it carried into the playoffs.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

While I like DMC and wanted him back.  Him taking the money without considering where he was going is a sign that he cared more about Money than Future.  He will be "exposed".   Not his fault though.  He's a system guy... But he is going to an iso team.  The ball doesn't swing in Toronto.  Here's where I see him helping... he will add to their defense and give about 9 ppg.  He will also be a very good lockerroom guy.  However, there will be lots of contention from their fanbase because he's not the scorer that they thought that they were getting.  I can see him getting Pep talks from Drake on the sidelines.

• Like 1