• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks a strong candidate for free agent Wesley Johnson

GameTime

Well that's the last time I get my hopes up about Johnson coming to the Hawks. I wonder if we've ever truly had an interest in him and vice versa. Still some good options out there so hopefully we get someone in here soon. At this point I'm worried about our shooting off the bench and our wing defense off the bench. 

• Like 2

Well that's the last time I get my hopes up about Johnson coming to the Hawks. I wonder if we've ever truly had an interest in him and vice versa. Still some good options out there so hopefully we get someone in here soon. At this point I'm worried about our shooting off the bench and our wing defense off the bench. 

i think we did but staying in the same city and playing in the same building  sounds more enticing than having to move across the country.

• Admin

Green doesn't play D

...I am interested in Wright if he wants to come play here

and hell no to JR Smith ... waste of Talent (ala Josh Smith).  He is a bad guy to have in the locker room and he has an attitude problem.  He also has a horrible shot selection.

• Like 1

Green doesn't play D

...I am interested in Wright if he wants to come play here

and hell no to JR Smith ... waste of Talent (ala Josh Smith).  He is a bad guy to have in the locker room and he has an attitude problem.  He also has a horrible shot selection.

Green's biggest issue for us is his BBIQ and his ball stopping talents. His defense isn't that bad. 

We could do worse than Wesley Johnson.  I just wish we weren't shopping in the bottom of the barrel when we need a legit small forward on the roster.

Edited by Alex

• Admin

We could do worse than Wesley Johnson.  I just wish we weren't shopping in the bottom of the barrel when we need a legit small forward on the roster.

You have to make the best of your situation ... we don't have any cap to play with ... we don't want to break up our core which is pretty much everyone except Mack/Scott/Moose and those guys are all important if there are injuries.  So you have to go for low salary guys that might be able to fit the role

• Like 1

but, but, but according to the squawk, the Hawks can never maneuver the salary cap........lmao

Funny how the Spurs were able to convince David West to come there for the low.........MUST have something to do with the Spurs signing Aldridge, a FIRST TIER free agent......The Hawks will never change.........

Edited by atlhawks1

You have to make the best of your situation ... we don't have any cap to play with ... we don't want to break up our core which is pretty much everyone except Mack/Scott/Moose and those guys are all important if there are injuries.  So you have to go for low salary guys that might be able to fit the role

This thought process will be the reason why Al Horford will leave us in free agency.

Trade for Wilson Chandler. Make it happen Budcox:

Teague/Shredder

Korver/THJr

Chandler/Thabo

Sap/Moose

Horf/Splitter

That's ECFs, not a 1st round exit.....

He will wouldn't leave. If the Hawks offer the cash he will stay.

D12, Deandre Jordan, LaMarcus Aldridge - walked away from the 5th year of guaranteed money. Teams will be offering him a max deal just like the Hawks.