• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thank you Atlanta!- By DMC

HawkItus

Awesome piece! Makes me miss DMC already :-( Also makes me miss Q. Synder. Most importantly, makes me appreciate Kenny Atkinson and Kyle Korver. I love people that help others achieve success. Thanks for posting this @HawkItus

• Moderators

This makes me feel better about the situation, but it's hard to understand the whole "best for the family" excuse. Most people won't make a million dollars in their entire working lives, yet, after considering taxes and cost of living in Toronto, that is essentially what he is making more by leaving for Toronto. After all we gave Demarre, he couldn't stay on a discount? This won't be his last contract... As a fan, I feel like a wet paper towel that Demarre just used for his own personal gain and then threw us in the trash once Toronto came around. Classy move by Demarre putting out a letter, but I still want Toronto to go 0-82.

Really the best feeling I got is that if our player development did that for Demarre's career, then I can't wait to see what it does for THJR and the rest of our young guys. I believe THJR will be our replacement for KK.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

DMC said in the 92.9 interview that the Hawks told him they had to choose between him and Paul. And the Hawks chose Paul. Probably after the Hawks found out what Orlando had offered Paul. Can't fault DMC at all for moving on as the Hawks made the decision to move on first.

Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

DMC, we hardly knew thee.

Godspeed.

Except when you play the Hawks, of course. Even then, it's okay if you have a great game as long as your teammates screw up. ;)

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Makes me feel a little bit better, but I would've liked for him to have taken more time to weigh all of his options like Millsap did.

More time? As in a few more hours? They both decided on July 1.
  • Like 1

Very nice DMC!  Some of you just need to stop acting like he is some bad guy because he took more money to play in Toronto.  The Hawks weren't even in the top 6 bidders for him.  He has been working hard and deserved to finally get the big paycheck.  Congrats DMC and I will be rooting for you! 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Millsap waited until the end of that day.

Millsap waited to the end of the day to announce it himself. His decision got leaked by Bill Shanks and some others hours before. I don't get the criticism of how DMC handled his situation. What was he supposed to do?
  • Like 3