You Mad?

benhillboy

Mark Zinno was very upset that there weren't any Hawk invites to the USA Basketball Camp. Like truly pissed.

To not have a single representative invited out of 35 when we had 4 AS is a valid enough point he made. Of course Kyle can't make it, and I don't know Paul's status but I'm guessing he wants to protect his healing shoulder and put his best foot forward to christen his new max deal. He took the most issue with Teague being left off. Hell, even DeMarre's still a Hawk in my eyes until he actually dons a Raptors jersey on the floor. He would've been honored at an invite.

He has a point, the roster is littered with players from the only other 60 win team from last year's campaign. It just struck me that he was very vocal about it yet no one here sweated it. Does anyone view it as a slight (as if we aren't fully adapted to those by now) or don't give a damn and want out players fully dedicated to the Hawks? Exum is already a done-for-the-season casualty.

Edited by benhillboy

Nope, not mad. Both Paul and Kyle participated in 2014 but didn't make the final roster. Both are coming off injuries etc.

Al plays for DR so that's a no go, so all that's left is Teague.

Does Zinno know if they were asked and declined or not offered at all?

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

Nope, not mad. Both Paul and Kyle participated in 2014 but didn't make the final roster. Both are coming off injuries etc.

Al plays for DR so that's a no go, so all that's left is Teague.

Does Zinno know if they were asked and declined or not offered at all?

Perfect response.  I'd also add in the fact that this team is one that targets the absolute cream of the crop.

Atlanta hasn't had a representative on an All-NBA roster since Horford did it years ago.  I don't think anyone complains about that omission and it is indicative of the lack of superstar players on our team.  Last year, we were a team of consistent excellence not superstardom.

Let's just put it this way. I don't want any Hawk participating in any event, whether it's a charity basketball or ping pong event. I'm sorry if I sound like a a$$ but it's our time and I want to hoist that trophy in June.

Which PG would you boot for him?

Curry

Irving 

Paul

Wall 

Westbrook

To be fair, Michael Carter-Williams and Victor Oladipo are other "options" here.

This is all very stupid to discuss or get upset about. This is more of an indication that there is pretty much nothing left to talk about for basketball. Well, except for the whole Mike Scott incident but I don't think any of the local news stations want to talk about that or the Bud DUI because that might piss the Hawks off and then they restrict media access and well I'm being cynical here and a little conspiracy theorist but whatever.

• Moderators

To be fair, Michael Carter-Williams and Victor Oladipo are other "options" here.

Oladipo is a SG and not remotely a PG candidate (IMO) but you are absolutely right on Carter-Williams and Conley for that matter.

Seeing Carter-Williams on the list is really a head scratcher.  He can't shoot and is a liability right now in his career.  I have zero problem with protests that Teague should be on the list in front of him.

Good for us!  The Rodney Dangerfield of the NBA, the Atlanta Hawks, get

no respect and the longer we can keep it that way, the better.

No one expected the Hawks to win 60, come in in 1st place and go to the

eastern finals last season.  Now, no one except a few of us here on

Hawksquawk expect Atlanta to do more than barely make the playoffs

and quietly exit in round one.

• Like 1

I'm not mad at all.  I don't even think basketball should be an Olympic sport.  The Olympics is a showcase for sports nobody cares about except once every four years.  But basketball is already a successful sport, the athletes are well known and don't need the Olympics to get on a big stage.  A basketball gold medal counts just as much s one swimming event, or one track and field, not to mention all the off beat sports that they have at the games. (Synchronized swimming anyone?, Shooting, Archery??)  Micheal Phelps got 7 times as many gold medals as the USA did in basketball.  

I'm not mad at all.  I don't even think basketball should be an Olympic sport.  The Olympics is a showcase for sports nobody cares about except once every four years.  But basketball is already a successful sport, the athletes are well known and don't need the Olympics to get on a big stage.  A basketball gold medal counts just as much s one swimming event, or one track and field, not to mention all the off beat sports that they have at the games. (Synchronized swimming anyone?, Shooting, Archery??)  Micheal Phelps got 7 times as many gold medals as the USA did in basketball.  

Basketball, baseball (was/will be again), soccer, hockey, golf, boxing, tennis, all Olympic sports...

http://www.olympic.org/sports

I'll wager there are a lot more sports no one cares about that sports people do care about.  Horses get 3 sports - basketballers only get one.

SUMMER

Archery
Athletics
Badminton
Basketball
Beach Volleyball
Boxing
Canoe Slalom
Canoe Sprint
Cycling BMX
Cycling Mountain Bike
Cycling Road